Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Incarnon weapon evolutions QoL

Kiraky133

I believe it would be very good if Incarnon weapon evolutions were like helminth subsumed abilities, where you choose what config you want the ability on. So for example I could have an Overwhelming Attrition build for my Laetum on Config A, and a Devouring Attrition build on Config B, without needing to got to Cavalero every time to switch.

1 hour ago, Kiraky133 said:

I believe it would be very good if Incarnon weapon evolutions were like helminth subsumed abilities, where you choose what config you want the ability on. So for example I could have an Overwhelming Attrition build for my Laetum on Config A, and a Devouring Attrition build on Config B, without needing to got to Cavalero every time to switch.

I was wishing for this just for ease of comparing the two builds, which would be different for mods too, since for Overwhelming you'd want to build for crit but not base damage and Devouring is the reverse. But I guess the idea is that these "evolutions" are semi-permanent. And I guess between the Attritions, it's just a question of which ends up with more crazy DPS, so you can run back and forth between Cavalero and Tuvul Commons to try them on and pick one, but I know other Incarnon evolutions have choices that are more of a situational tradeoff and less of a math problem.

Edit: Speaking of math problems, I just worked it out for my two potential builds for the Laetum in a form too messy to repeat here, and it came out that Overwhelming was marginally more damage per shot thanks to crit once it's built up if you don't consider arcanes, but since it's additive with Secondary Deadhead or Merciless and Devouring is multiplicative, Devouring pulls way ahead after a few kills when those arcanes are used. That's for body shots though - since crit headshots get an additional 2x multiplier, and most of the damage of Overwhelming lands on a crit where most of the damage of Devouring does not, Overwhelming should pull back ahead again by like 50% over Devouring if every hit is a headshot.

I'm handwaving the buildup time for Overwhelming but that's been my experience, that it pretty much stacks up after a few shots and I don't have to worry about it. 

Archived