Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Star Chart Dojo Showcase - Autumn 2022 [WINNERS ANNOUNCED]

[DE]Ronnie

Lrmcf1Tt4I5mxUkzx8igs_ll8olNiqfb2kz7oY_J

What Are Showcased Dojos?
Every month, a new set of Dojos appears on the Star Chart for all Tenno to visit! The Warframe team selects these Dojos based on designs shared in this quarterly event. Share your Dojo with us and it could be next to receive a place of honor on the Star Chart!
There are two submission categories: Star Chart Ascendant and Star Chart All Stars. Read on for more details!

Guest Judge, Dizzzy12 joins us to select this round of Star Chart Dojos.  Dizzzy12 is a PlayStation Tenno who’s especially active in the Dojo community. His designs have been showcased on the Star Chart with his Clan, Artistic License!

Star Chart Ascendant Category
The original category, based on the Featured Dojo Contest of the past three years. In this category, Dojos that have never been showcased on the Star Chart are given priority.

There will be three winners selected per Clan tier per platform: 
PC: Ghost, Shadow, Storm, Mountain, Moon x 3
PS: Ghost, Shadow, Storm, Mountain, Moon x 3
XB: Ghost, Shadow, Storm, Mountain, Moon x 3
Switch:  Ghost, Shadow, Storm, Mountain, Moon x 3

Star Chart All Stars Category
Clan Tier does not apply to this category. All Dojos compete based on designs alone. By submitting a Dojo that has been on the Star Chart in the past, your submission is automatically included in both the Star Chart Ascendant category and the Star Chart All Stars category.

There will be one winner per platform:
PC: Any Clan Tier
PS: Any Clan Tier
XB: Any Clan Tier
Switch:  Any Clan Tier

Each Clan can only win in the Star Chart All Stars category one time, but there’s no limit to the number of times Clans can win in the Star Chart Ascendant category. Feel free to submit to future rounds!

RxKKcubCDF2hqfWm51eFpbiVl__2z0_JqSZMkG-0

How to Enter
Take us on a tour of your Dojo in the official contest thread! 

Rules for Submissions

• One submission per Clan
  • Must list your Clan’s name, tier, and platform with your entry
  • Must list your your Clan role (Must be the Founding Warlord or have Architect permissions)
  • Must not exceed 10 images. Show us your Dojo’s best! We recommend uploading images to a host website like Imgur and sharing the link.
  • Video tours must not exceed 3 minutes. We recommend uploading video to a host website like YouTube and sharing the link.
  • Dojo theme and presentation must be appropriate for the community forums
  • Write your submission in whatever language is most comfortable to you! Make sure, however, it is posted in the official English contest thread. Submissions posted elsewhere won’t be seen.
  • Do not reserve spots in the official contest thread
  • Submissions that do not follow these rules will be disqualified

Please keep in mind that, if your Dojo is selected, all players will be able to access your Clan Dojo while it is on the Star Chart!

0rRYNR549_JibnLFuhp2kCOWI22N9UWqM3_hufJa

Star Chart Ascendants receive the bronze, silver, or gold contest trophy and massive stockpiles of resources! The number of Resources awarded to each 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place Dojo is determined by Clan size. Resources, platinum, and trophies will arrive in the clan’s Dojo Decoration Menu! 

Star Chart All Stars receive the platinum contest trophy and 3 months featured on the Star Chart.

aGiEp9zIeI2sfzvOjUjYXRQcsfdYNSaHF67rlSCa

Rules for Dojos Selected for the Star Chart

Given the number of players who will visit, we have a different standard for content in Dojos showcased on the Star Chart than we do for Dojos that aren't open to everyone. We may ask selected Clans to make small changes to their Dojos for the time they are featured based on the following:

• Nothing vulgar or offensive can be included in Dojos while they are featured on the Star Chart
  • Star Chart Ascendants can only increase their Clan Tier while being featured on the Star Chart.
    • This rule does not apply to Star Chart All Stars, because Clan Tier does not affect their selection process.
  • Clans who disregard these rules while their Dojo is on the Star Chart will have their Dojos removed from the Star Chart. If deemed necessary, increased disciplinary action will also be taken

This round of Dojos will occupy the Star Chart from December 2022 to the end of February 2023.

• Star Chart Ascendant Dojos will be showcased for one month each.
  • The Star Chart All Star of each platform will be showcased for all three months.

qmLdwIgOIMjFdTqpzA1rtaQPiJxdH6JoATPXOzTo

How We Select Dojos

Phase 1: After submissions close, a group of Warframe Community Team members and the round’s Guest Judge will take one week to review all submissions. This process includes:

• Organizing all submissions by contest category, Clan Tier, and platform. Star Chart Ascendant submissions only compete with Dojos that share their Clan Tier and platform. Repeat submissions are automatically included in the Star Chart All Stars category, where submissions only compete with Dojos that share their platform but Clan Tiers are not considered.
  • Confirming submissions obeyed the rules listed above.

Phase 2: Once preparations are complete, the selection process begins! We begin by narrowing down submissions to top submissions. The team looks for two traits above all in this process: creativity and quality.

• Creativity: We love unique designs! Whether your decorating style focuses on small details or big structures, we appreciate the creativity you put into your work. Please keep in mind that original designs are prioritized. (*Dojo rooms reported to be direct copies of another Dojo are reviewed by DE)
  • Quality: Only filling a room with decorations will not secure your victory when there’s stiff competition! Be thoughtful about how you choose to place decorations. The best Dojos we’ve seen have conveyed stories and themes. Make the decorations your own!

Phase 3: Community Team members and the Guest Judge will closely review and compare top submissions a second time to select those that will be featured on the Star Chart. During this stage of the process, additional factors are considered:

• The number of times the Dojo has been showcased on the Star Chart. Dojos that have never been showcased are given priority in the Star Chart Ascendant category. Dojos that have been selected as Star Chart All Stars in the past are not eligible to be selected for that category again.
  • In the Star Chart Ascendant category, if a higher Clan tier category (Mountain or Moon) has only received repeat submissions, we consider giving a larger tier Clan’s slot to a smaller Clan (Ghost, Shadow, or Storm). 
  • Large structures are impressive, but keep in mind that small details set winning submissions apart from top submissions. Focus on creating an immersive atmosphere with details we can’t ignore. Make your Dojo a testament to your unique Clan!

Seeking inspiration? Here’s advice from architects whose Dojos have been showcased on the Star Chart!

cmGIcrHgezESGwVlbs6HFG6ZTmJuqlPhvCemThny

Winners will be announced on December 1st during our community live stream at twitch.tv/warframe

This contest starts now until Friday, November 25th @ 1:00PM ET

All players from PC, XBOX, PlayStation, and Nintendo Switch can participate!

EDIT: Watch PrimeTime 329 to see the Autumn Starchart Dojo Showcase finalists! 

Spoiler

3zp_Xl33F6f9ogR8ZSS1V7PjMYTXL3D3LOQ3txMg

f8cSKKnq0ZvKyNwtTEfVyYyJHYoGxEvJKTyj8YsI

CpPgbuiavh_Hub8ovcHrK7DFJloFyv8E0j95EpB6

nKzwgW39pnv7r2bsCi1iE8cwkUhhp1Rrsd8utdRT

Congratulations! We can't wait to visit your dojos. We'll see you next time for our Winter Dojo showcase contest launching in February 

• 2 weeks later...

Clan Name: Syndicate Academy

Clan Tier: Mountain

Platform: PC

Clan Role: Architect

Video Entry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zu0Ae5Zre3M

Album: https://imgur.com/a/8TmE1XR

Syndicate Academy has been decorated in an attempt to turn a dojo into a tutorial and information hub for newer players. There's currently four lesson rooms, and 2 miscellaneous information rooms. The plan was to continue making up to 10 lesson rooms, particularly while using tributa sculptures to write text along the walls. However, after using about 800+ tributa sculptures, the dojo load was starting to become overbearing for lower end PCs so progress has been halted temporarily. It is our hope that you consider this entry as a preview of the potential we can reach in the future. Thank you.

Clan name: Fallen Legion GC

Clan tier: Storm

Clan platform: PC

Clan role: Founding Warlord

Video submission That's under 3 minutes:

Spoiler

10 Images:

1.Sentient Overlord

Spoiler

4EeBqCw.jpg

2. A recreation of the image used in the story about albrecht entrati. Vome.Order.

Spoiler

DsbRe4N.jpg

3. The Collector

Spoiler

hMaKvO1.jpg

4. The great deku tree - if you go into its mouth you'll enter the deku tree dungeon! you can go all the way to the boss.

Spoiler

kONc6yQ.jpg

5. Oceans nightmare

Spoiler

VfWJImj.jpg

6. Shin godzilla firing its atomic breath laser

Spoiler

lCs4Zcc.jpg

7. Pale scarlet oculus - railjack docking guidance system

Spoiler

cGj9Mzu.jpg

8. Beholder

Spoiler

zruUdWd.jpg

9. Corrupted aqua cyborg

Spoiler

PtTPM2d.jpg

10. Deadspace - a necromorph from my dead space room,one of many different necromorphs i've recreated in warframe within my dead space room.
 It starts with entering the USG ishimura recreated in my dojo.

Spoiler

U1bHiN7.jpg

Clan Name: The Demon Of Hell
Clan Tier:  Shadow
Clan Platform: PC
Clan Role:  Warlord 

Infested Dragon

Révélation

1668167556-warframe0716.jpg

The Thing

Révélation

1668167576-warframe0720.jpg

Alpha DeathWorm Head

Révélation

1668167581-warframe0721.jpg

Emergency Room

Révélation

1668167595-warframe0725.jpg

Snow Room

Révélation

1668167604-warframe0727.jpg

Void Prison

Révélation

1668167816-warframe0729.jpg

Révélation

1668168187-warframe0718.jpg

Révélation

1668168191-warframe0719.jpg

Hey Tenno

I cant wait to see all the skill and love you guys have poured into your builds.

I have made a short video with a few competition entry tips.

For those of you who want to continue to improve and broaden your skills along with me I have Dojo building videos on this channel too

Much love

Dizzzy12  

wi464wv.png

• Clan Name: - Black Paper -
  • Clan Tier: Ghost Clan
  • Clan Platform: PC
  • Clan Role: Founding Warlord

Notes:

• This clan size tier is ghost, this is important to mention because we have a ghost and shadow tier trophy decoration, yet we were never shadow tier. No idea if it was a script error or assuming we were shadow tier at one point.
  • The dojo is easily explorable, it's not a hallway simulator with oversized (aka tables made for giants) obstacles, it isn't a grid of 10x10 large rooms with half of them empty, it's not a mess of elevators and warps all over the place. It's a simple square for the most part, functionality is key, decorations add imersion, not clutter, meaning you will also not find giant contraptions made from dozens of energy capacitors, conduits or orokin tech emitters.
  • It is meant to be a dojo 1st, not a maze, any player entering (new or old) can easily navigate (both by walking and by warping) without being lost, certain rooms may also include directions for points of interest like Railjack, rooms are also identified to better indicate what portion of the dojo you're in.
  • While the dojo is heavily decorated, the goal is mainly to showcase clan members (and other players) what they played and achieved, each room is a trip down memory lane due to events and certain updates, as such we showcase the clan itself, a reflection of what we did.
  • While unintended, rooms are less prone to visual glitches (like unusual shadows) regardless of update, what you see is what you get. (there aren't lots of decorations near light sources)
  • Unlike many featured dojos, you will not enter empty rooms that signify you are in the wrong area of the dojo.
  • Dojo contains a unique sized tenet panel, likely the only one in all dojos and has been adapted into a screen to add imersion to the room.
  • We did not purchase (via favors, plat, patreon benefits) any sort of decoration service, the rooms resources and looks are done via it's clan members.
  • Likewise members of the clan are not responsible for decorating other featured dojos.
  • Video is outdated since rooms are updated on a weekly basis, concepts remain the same, tech based rooms are likely to have received minimal tweaks, orokin rooms however it's better to rely on screenshots
  • Also, dojo not visited by Rebbeca&Megan in Primetime In previous contest due to assuming they had already visited it.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

2dYHqm1.jpg

0sOjS1x.jpg

MorcvQN.jpg

5USpreO.jpg

AdcGPf1.jpg

LVQ6G4w.jpg

Mcermow.jpg

PljMqZI.jpg

6qQJggD.jpg

GTqYuXl.jpg

Clan name       : Miau after Tomorrow

Clan tier           : Shadow Clan rank 11

Clan platform  : PC

Clan role          : Founding Warlord 

Video: 

Featured Image:   044 Wonderful Dream
95WEAk4.jpg

063 Bowling Center:

Spoiler

1xBXRh9.jpg

033 Santas Home:

Spoiler

V3SMhn6.jpg

032 Syndicate Relay:

Spoiler

j1d6fbE.jpg

029 Quill Prime:

Spoiler

HGBry5K.jpg

031 Chruch of the Holy Kavat:

Spoiler

tImDiDm.jpg

027 Luxury store:

Spoiler

69OrnC4.jpg

067 Zariman Funfair:

Spoiler

rHLZjxK.jpg

008 Event Trophy Collection:

Spoiler

mcymc88.jpg

025 Deluxe Bundle Collection:

Spoiler

sJ7AhV5.jpg

Clan Name: Pantheon Nation

Clan Tier: Mountain Clan

Clan Platform: Xbox

Clan Role: Founding Warlord

Dojo submission link: https://imgur.com/a/ehqMMWU

Let me start by first introducing myself, my alias is VecToR and I am a solo decorator on Xbox! I would like to state that I am still learning. I first started decorating the Pantheon Nation dojo back in 2020 during the Covid 19 lockdowns. I never really took time with the decoration feature prior to this due to leading a very busy life as a carpenter. I am very excited to reveal the new projects in which I am working on (solo), but the time isn't right just yet (ran out of time to complete before this submission) I once again invite you the amazing team of DE & the guest Judge to once more explore my dojo! Thank YOU and much love! 

Clan Name: The Duviri Paradox.                    Clan Tier: Mountain.                                         Clan Platform: Xbox.                                       Clan Role: The Founder (Duviri God) on Xbox.                                                                  The dojo is a Japanese nature based theme with a lil twist and some big structures we call Archons over 50 rooms fully decorated first time entering :)

Clan Name: Phoenix Retribution

Clan Tier: Storm Clan

Clan Platform: Xbox

Clan Role: Founding Warlord

Dojo submission link: https://imgur.com/gallery/SAElP9n

Im a first time applicant. An solo Decorator. I've worked on my dojo for over a year to get it to where i think its worthy.  Its a Sci Fi based with a Medieval theme.  An still more to come in the future.  Thank You to all who supported us. 

Archived