The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Problems with Narmer and post-New War

SprinKah

How will DE be able to explore more into Grineer/Corpus/world-building as a whole like before? Will Narmer ever step back from the spotlight to make room for it?

I don't hate Narmer and the war against it...though I feel like it does bring out a lot of problems regarding world-building of Warframe as a whole.

You know how before The New War and everything, we used to get a lot of updates and lore stuff towards Grineer and Corpus factions, stories and deep-dive into how the factions are like.

We got tileset reworks, sneak peaks into how the Grineer or Corpus work internally, events that show how things are within them, Kuva Liches and Sisters of Parvos, etc...

Now I gotta wonder...how we'll EVER be able to explore more into them.

I mean look at the reworked Sprag and Venkra Tel, they were revealed ages ago but DE didn't exactly have any plans for them yet back then, but now with Narmer around, they're put as Break Narmer mini-bosses with Veils on them, which don't really make them...a new Grineer addition.

I PERSONALLY don't have a BIG problem regarding that but...well, maybe if Narmer wasn't around, we could've gotten a more...in-depth update with them, maybe an event that involves them like what we used to have back in the days, like Gradivus Dilemma showing off Sargas Ruk and Alad V, Rathuum showing off Kela De Thaym, etc...tileset reworks as well.

Narmer is CANONICALLY, despite having its main head decapitated (Ballas) in The New War, still has a pretty dang big presence in the Warframe universe right now, controlling a large portion of previous Grineer/Corpus-owned outposts and maps, with Archon Hunts taking place in those.

Will it forever be like that, or will DE change it around in the far future, maybe when they decide to pull Narmer's presence back a notch...well, probably nothing will change with the Archon Hunt missions, regarding tilesets...I just hope it won't leave too big of a stain in Warframe's continuity as we go forward with the story...

I wonder will we ever get any like...updates that involve the Grineer, Corpus, Infested and other subfactions of them anymore...will we ever get anymore open-world updates that will explore more into the universe, etc... with Narmer around...It does worry me, bc I feel Narmer really restricts these things...

We are right now currently at a sorta...cold-war with Narmer/Sentients, anything that's added into the game will most likely be related to Narmer one way or another...it is the sole reason why Plague Star isn't happening this year after all. 

I found these concept arts from Studio Qube, official concept artists from DE, they posted these BANGER Grineer concept arts a few months ago...and it makes me realize...whether they were planning (or still are) something major for the Grineer...but well...cancelled them, I mean...these concept art are posted onto Artstation after all, without ever being revealed...so it's very possible that they're unused now...Well, I certainly hope not, a Grineer tileset update like what they did with Gas City, Orb Vallis and Corpus Ship would be a PERFECT update for me, considering these concept art. Maybe they'll be revisited in the future...but well, I'll keep my expectations low. Check them out if you guys want v v v 

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/d0B8NQ

3 minutes ago, SprinKah said:

I wonder will we ever get any like...updates that involve the Grineer, Corpus, Infested and other subfactions of them anymore...will we ever get anymore open-world updates that will explore more into the universe, etc... with Narmer around...It does worry me, bc I feel Narmer really restricts these things...

They just added a new Grineer and Corpus unit in Zariman? 

I like that DE keeping Narmer as threat scattered around the SOL (maybe keeping it for future big "new war 2.0 event") but also like to see changes to liberated places like Plains of Eidolon or Orb Vallis/Fortuna, especially to go back before New War look

The three open worlds we have were all fun until most top loadouts  and mechanics built to have fun there were destroyed. Player base increased massively when they were released and a new one will be great. But I don’t see how that will happen as the current focus of the dev is all about how to destroy the most efficient and fun items in game. 

34 minutes ago, TomCruisesSon said:

They just added a new Grineer and Corpus unit in Zariman? 

dude, they're like 2, reused asset kitbashed enemies. I mean, I LIKE THEM, but you can't possibly call them adequate to what we've had in the past xD

I mean, compared to stuff like...Gas City rework, Corpus Ship rework, etc etc, stuff that delved in-depth into the inner-workings of the Corpus, etc...

we won't be getting much of that sorta thing anymore, we'll probably only see stuff that are related to Narmer from here on out, for a while. We won't be getting any more in-depth look into the Grineer, Corpus...

I mean, what exactly happened to the Elder Queen, what the heck is Parvos doing, what's Nef Anyo doing, will we EVER see a boss fight of him or anything related to him? Will any of that stuff hold a candle to the GIGANTIC NARRATIVE that is the Narmer's occupation of the Warframe universe right now?

Let's say we do get something about the Grineer, let's say some dude from the Grineer built a big baddie...is it really that big of a deal, compared to Narmer and the New War?

Let's say Anyo is doing fine and he wanna get more money (for some reason) and we have to stop his scams...is it really that big of a deal, compared to Narmer and the New War?

Will anything that's non-related to Narmer/The New War ever be able to stand against with how canonically-huge post-New War/Narmer narrative is currently? Surely not. 

45 minutes ago, SprinKah said:

how will DE be able to explore more into Grineer/Corpus/world-building as a whole like before?

With new enemies come new technologies and new possibilities.

Just as Nef Enyo tried hybridizing Corpus Tech with Sentient in Vallis and Alad V tried creating Corpus Sentient Hybrids, Grineer could try the same.
What if Dr.Tengus finally comes out of hiding and becomes a new enemy and boss? Him and/or Tyl Regor try to blend Grineer and Sentient to make more powerful and abominable clones? What if Vay Hek starts augmenting him self with Sentient Parts reclaimed from Earth?

In regards to the Corpus, i highly doubt Alad V actually died in the New War since Corpus Capital Ships can eject the bridge module and since he did experiment with the Sentients in Jupiter, he him self may have made new ways to escape and survive. DE wouldnt just let one of their best villains simply die like that.

There are a bunch of planets without openworlds yet which DE can increment stuff that was unaffected by Narmar and the New War.

30 minutes ago, George_PPS said:

The three open worlds we have were all fun until most top loadouts  and mechanics built to have fun there were destroyed. Player base increased massively when they were released and a new one will be great. But I don’t see how that will happen as the current focus of the dev is all about how to destroy the most efficient and fun items in game. 

To be honest, I never had a problem with open-world, never even had problems with the non-combat stuff that we had to do in order to rank up the syndicates there.

I mean, 5.5k hours in, it's kinda crazy how I'm still able to feel like that, have been able to play since 2013.

I dunno what these "top loadouts" and "mechanics" you're talking about, I honestly still have fun with running around with people in a bounty WHEN I CAN CONNECT INTO ONE WITHOUT ENDING UP ALONE. hell I'd do them a lot more if it wasn't for some...freak connection issues that I've had for a looong while now.

I appreciate the environment, the assets, art around the open-worlds, etc

I feel like you're projecting a bit with the AoE nerfs and stuff into this discussion xD.

PERSONALLY, I don't have a problem with those things, getting constantly matched with Wukongs using Kuva Zarr, never EVER reviving teammates even when they're right next to you, etc...truly put me off of them, and I'm glad they're the way they are right now, they're not even bad rn imho, but that's beside the point. I do understand where you're coming though, we all enjoy the game differently

Though if we're talking what DE's really focusing on right now, I don't think your idea of what that, is...true. At the end of the day, it's just some stats changes, slight animations and mechanic tweaks, HIGHLY doubt it'd take too much of their time, too much of their focus :/

15 minutes ago, SprinKah said:

dude, they're like 2, reused asset kitbashed enemies. I mean, I LIKE THEM, but you can't possibly call them adequate to what we've had in the past xD

Just saying they haven't forgotten about them.

15 minutes ago, SprinKah said:

we won't be getting much of that sorta thing anymore, we'll probably only see stuff that are related to Narmer from here on out, for a while. We won't be getting any more in-depth look into the Grineer, Corpus...

Absolutely nothing says DE has magically forgotten about some core enemy factions. They made a new faction for TNW and they focused on them for half a year, people would be way more mad if DE just left Narmer enemies as an occasional bounty specific event.

16 minutes ago, SprinKah said:

I mean, what exactly happened to the Elder Queen, what the heck is Parvos doing, what's Nef Anyo doing, will we EVER see a boss fight of him or anything related to him? Will any of that stuff hold a candle to the GIGANTIC NARRATIVE that is the Narmer's occupation of the Warframe universe right now?

Let's say we do get something about the Grineer, let's say some dude from the Grineer built a big baddie...is it really that big of a deal, compared to Narmer and the New War?

Let's say Anyo is doing fine and he wanna get more money (for some reason) and we have to stop his scams...is it really that big of a deal, compared to Narmer and the New War?

Will anything that's non-related to Narmer/The New War ever be able to stand against with how canonically-huge post-New War/Narmer narrative is currently? Surely not. 

The Lotus left to go scheme with her insane sentient brother and a VERY spiteful Orokin, and what did we do? We went to go play pirate and fight Liches and Sisters.

Our characters priorities have always been out of whack and we will take care of whatever DE throws at us. We've also been pretty much ignoring The Man in The Wall this whole time.

5 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

With new enemies come new technologies and new possibilities.

Just as Nef Enyo tried hybridizing Corpus Tech with Sentient in Vallis and Alad V tried creating Corpus Sentient Hybrids, Grineer could try the same.
What if Dr.Tengus finally comes out of hiding and becomes a new enemy and boss? Him and/or Tyl Regor try to blend Grineer and Sentient to make more powerful and abominable clones? What if Vay Hek starts augmenting him self with Sentient Parts reclaimed from Earth?

In regards to the Corpus, i highly doubt Alad V actually died in the New War since Corpus Capital Ships can eject the bridge module and since he did experiment with the Sentients in Jupiter, he him self may have made new ways to escape and survive. DE wouldnt just let one of their best villains simply die like that.

There are a bunch of planets without openworlds yet which DE can increment stuff that was unaffected by Narmar and the New War.

In regards to villains and major characters, I believe we'll see them again, they're like...plot assets that DE can use in the future, they ain't gonna waste them xD, at least some of them. 

I suppose there's still a lot of room for DE to expand on other non-Narmer related stuff.

But with Narmer CANONICALLY occupying the Plains and Orb Vallis right now, Archon Hunts taking place on Earth, Mars and Jupiter...

Makes you wonder how much left the Grineer and Corpus ACTUALLY own, compared to Narmer. I mean, we know that the Worm Queen is still out there, in her mobile Kuva Fortress, Parvos Granum still staying in his Granum Void doing stuff behind the scenes, leading the Corpus, etc... But they certainly don't seem as...prevalent, or hold power as big as before, more like just...lurking around behind Narmer's backs, out of their sight and stuff. 

Narmer is certainly at the center stage right now, the big bad. Grineer and Corpus are pretty scattered right now...then again, I could be wrong.

I guess it'll take a while until we'll get to a point where Grineer and Corpus, or hell, even the Infested are able to take the spotlight again, I feel. 

4 minutes ago, TomCruisesSon said:

Just saying they haven't forgotten about them.

Absolutely nothing says DE has magically forgotten about some core enemy factions. They made a new faction for TNW and they focused on them for half a year, people would be way more mad if DE just left Narmer enemies as an occasional bounty specific event.

Oh I mean, that's not what I meant, and I agree, it'd be real weird if DE doesn't build upon Narmer more. 

But well you know, maybe nothing comes to my mind right now but....I gotta wonder how they'll be able to juggle between Grineer, Corpus and Narmer/Sentient in the FAR FAR future, after much has been said and done. BC as far as I know, Narmer/Sentient's here to stay....unless I'm wrong but that remains to be seen. 

I mean, look at Archon Hunts, which see like a permanent addition in the game...and they take place in Grineer and Corpus tilesets...how will that pan out in the FAR FUTURE, I ask myself, continuity-wise. At some point we'll probably defeat Pazul and Narmer will slowly but surely, step out of the spotlight right? Wouldn't it be weird to still have Archon Hunts taking place in those tilesets? Well...I guess you could say that they're just separate, small areas in the 3 planets, but well...who knows.

12 minutes ago, TomCruisesSon said:

The Lotus left to go scheme with her insane sentient brother and a VERY spiteful Orokin, and what did we do? We went to go play pirate and fight Liches and Sisters.

Our characters priorities have always been out of whack and we will take care of whatever DE throws at us. We've also been pretty much ignoring The Man in The Wall this whole time.

sometimes the hero just gotta...suck it up and not be selfish, guess that's what it is?

I mean, the Lotus was gone, mama left us yes, it's not like there was much we could do about it without neglecting the entire system xD. 

Lotus leaving, doesn't mean it will stop the Grineer and Corpus from screwing with people, after all. I don't think you should relate gameplay with narrative/lore/time-line fully xD. 

It's not like there was much we could've done about the Man in the wall, until the New War anyway, dude's some eldritch entity from beyond the veil after all xD, not like he really...did anything bad to us, until the end of the New War so, and even then, what did he really do? That's for us to find out sooner or later.

I mean, if it was up to me, I wouldn't really seek out some...eldritch being for no reason xD. We got snippets of lore about him, world-building and all that, it was pretty sufficient if you ask me. 

19 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

Pazuul is the new Narmer leader, I thought it was obvious after the first Khal mission on Veilbreaker and Archon hunt dialogues

Yes...I am aware of that.

But this is about the prospect of furthering world-building on other stuff that ain't Narmer, from here on out. 

Like, before The New War. Updates like...Deadlock Protocol, Jovian Concord, Plains of Eidolon, Orb Vallis, Heart of Deimos, etc...updates that built upon the many aspects, facets, nooks and crannies of the Warframe universe. Grineer, Corpus, Infestation and...well...the overall civilization that are within the Warframe world.

Honestly, I'd love to know more about the...civillian sides of things in this world, you know...stuff like how rail jockeys operate, daily lives of a normal person, how the Grineer and Corpus occupy and work around with civillians like the radio broadcasts we hear in our landing craft, stuff like...that whole Styanax anime showed off...maybe, more cultures like the Cetus and Solaris people...surely they're not the ONLY existing "cultures" in the Warframe's universe. 

But alas, I feel like after the New War, with how big the war was in canon...I think it's going to be a LOOONNGG WHILE, until we get to a point where we can start exploring more of the Warframe universe...outside of Narmer. 

3 minutes ago, SprinKah said:

Yes...I am aware of that.

But this is about the prospect of furthering world-building on other stuff that ain't Narmer, from here on out. 

Like, before The New War. Updates like...Deadlock Protocol, Jovian Concord, Plains of Eidolon, Orb Vallis, Heart of Deimos, etc...updates that built upon the many aspects, facets, nooks and crannies of the Warframe universe. Grineer, Corpus, Infestation and...well...the overall civilization that are within the Warframe world.

Honestly, I'd love to know more about the...civillian sides of things in this world, you know...stuff like how rail jockeys operate, daily lives of a normal person, how the Grineer and Corpus occupy and work around with civillians like the radio broadcasts we hear in our landing craft, stuff like...that whole Styanax anime showed off...maybe, more cultures like the Cetus and Solaris people...surely they're not the ONLY existing "cultures" in the Warframe's universe. 

But alas, I feel like after the New War, with how big the war was in canon...I think it's going to be a LOOONNGG WHILE, until we get to a point where we can start exploring more of the Warframe universe...outside of Narmer. 

Idk, I was just commenting for this:

2 hours ago, SprinKah said:

Narmer is CANONICALLY, despite having its main head decapitated (Ballas) in The New War, still has a pretty dang big presence in the Warframe universe right now, controlling a large portion of previous Grineer/Corpus-owned outposts and maps, with Archon Hunts taking place in those

Pazuul is the main head, hence why they still have a pretty dang big presence in the Warframe universe right now

23 minutes ago, SprinKah said:

But well you know, maybe nothing comes to my mind right now but....I gotta wonder how they'll be able to juggle between Grineer, Corpus and Narmer/Sentient in the FAR FAR future, after much has been said and done. BC as far as I know, Narmer/Sentient's here to stay....unless I'm wrong but that remains to be seen. 

Worrying about the Far Far future of this game seems kinda unnecessary to me, that's the devs problem. And like you mentioned in this thread. There are big players in the system that biding their time and building up forces. Grineer are getting more bold with divvying out Kuva to prospective members to make devastatingly strong soldiers who can conquer whole planets and steal from our character. Same with Parvos by gifting powers and tech to Sisters. We haven't fully stopped this threat, we just mitigate it. And that's kinda what happens in the game. Barely anyone truly dies or goes away. We just smack them hard and let them recuperate. EVERY TIME. We gotta take a lesson from Mike.

breaking bad no more half measures GIF

31 minutes ago, SprinKah said:

I mean, look at Archon Hunts, which see like a permanent addition in the game...and they take place in Grineer and Corpus tilesets...how will that pan out in the FAR FUTURE, I ask myself, continuity-wise. At some point we'll probably defeat Pazul and Narmer will slowly but surely, step out of the spotlight right? Wouldn't it be weird to still have Archon Hunts taking place in those tilesets? Well...I guess you could say that they're just separate, small areas in the 3 planets, but well...who knows.

Archon Hunts will never go away and the narrative will never really change while playing them, even if we kill Pazuul. Narrative generally gets put second to gameplay in Warframe. It's why The Stalker still hunts us even after joining forces post TNW.

23 minutes ago, SprinKah said:

sometimes the hero just gotta...suck it up and not be selfish, guess that's what it is?

I mean, the Lotus was gone, mama left us yes, it's not like there was much we could do about it without neglecting the entire system xD. 

We were extremely irresponsible letting the Lotus go. Forget all the mommy issues. The head of one of the most secretive and powerful factions in the system just disappeared with one of the very few remaining Orokin. We dropped the ball hard on that one lol.

29 minutes ago, SprinKah said:

Lotus leaving, doesn't mean it will stop the Grineer and Corpus from screwing with people, after all. I don't think you should relate gameplay with narrative/lore/time-line fully xD.

Not fully, but our character isn't exactly always taking care of the biggest threats. We kinda wait around until someone tells us what to do or something makes itself very known lol.

42 minutes ago, SprinKah said:

It's not like there was much we could've done about the Man in the wall, until the New War anyway, dude's some eldritch entity from beyond the veil after all xD, not like he really...did anything bad to us, until the end of the New War so, and even then, what did he really do? That's for us to find out sooner or later.

I mean, if it was up to me, I wouldn't really seek out some...eldritch being for no reason xD. We got snippets of lore about him, world-building and all that, it was pretty sufficient if you ask me. 

We really should be actively hunting Man in the Wall at this point. We keep having these big events transpire in front of us. And we never investigate or make sure these things won't bite us in the ass later.

30 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

Idk, I was just commenting for this:

Pazuul is the main head, hence why they still have a pretty dang big presence in the Warframe universe right now

Well yes, but Ballas WAS the main head of Narmer, even when he died, Narmer still held relatively strong afterwards. That's what I meant

Pazuul is Pazuul...though I doubt Narmer's as big as when Ballas was in control...but ig we just gotta and wait to see if that's true. 

3 hours ago, SprinKah said:

how we'll EVER be able to explore more into them.

we will be able to somehow, most likely by killing Pazuul, since he heads up Narmer now. but it still won't feel as logical or impactful as it would if DE did the right thing and gave us a Narmer Starmap to liberate first IMO. they folded almost instantly when Ballas died, despite supposedly having taken over the entire system: at the very least DE could have thrown a few Murex nodes on each planet and said "Narmer are regrouping here, strike to eliminate them!" and then we would have felt like we were actually dismantling the Narmer empire. 

it also doesn't help that the Narmer Bounties are such cheap reskins of standard Plains/Fortuna bounties. if they had at least had different objectives it might have felt more meaningful, but all it was for me was yet another grind for the Archon Weapon BPs. ultimately DE will just pick up where they left off as one of the grineer/corpus heads will hatch a new plan and then need a good a$$-kicking. 

3 hours ago, SprinKah said:

updates that involve the Grineer, Corpus, Infested and other subfactions of them anymore.

again, all it takes is for one of the antagonists to start up something: personally for the grineer I want to finally see Doctor tengus appear in the game: dude's a major presence in the Lore and supposedly why half of Mercury is infested, but he's still never been seen or heard. the Corpus were literally on the verge of a Civil War prior to New War due to Parvos disowning Nef and wanting back his place as CEO of the Corpus. chances are that if Narmer hadn't shown up, those two would already be at it, while Alad V would be very interesting to watch as he could do anything: side with one or the other, play both sides until one wins, or even make his own power play and steal the corpus crown from under them as they bicker.

the Infested meanwhile are also still an ever present threat and still have yet to receive the Railjack and Lich treatment: personally I hope for Infested Liches that actually evolve as they get stronger and for a Railjack vs Jordas Golem fight on Eris Proxima!

TLDR: we need to end Pazuul; after that, Narmer should be gone for good and the other factions will gradually regain their former power. might actually be peaceful for a while until someone does something and the wars start all over again.

10 hours ago, SprinKah said:

problems regarding world-building of Warframe

DE gave themselves problems with any real world building a long time ago.  You can't exactly have any real, lasting impacts on the game unless you want to divide the playerbase more than it already is, in terms of where people are playing.  That's why nothing matters.  Alad V's storyline is entirely out of order, you kill him 100 times and it never matters.  You can't have that and have actual world building.  The lore in this game is super shallow because of this, and people give it waaay more credit than it deserves.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

DE gave themselves problems with any real world building a long time ago.  You can't exactly have any real, lasting impacts on the game unless you want to divide the playerbase more than it already is, in terms of where people are playing.  That's why nothing matters.  Alad V's storyline is entirely out of order, you kill him 100 times and it never matters.  You can't have that and have actual world building.  The lore in this game is super shallow because of this, and people give it waaay more credit than it deserves.

You can have this opinion, I disagree though.

I think the lore and world-building of Warframe is very rich and unique from many other IPs, with its artstyle and design language.

Games like these will always have content from different points in the continuity mingling with each, there's nothing much you can do than just accept which part is canonically forward in time, and which part isn't. Maybe some games do this better than others but well, it is what it is. 

Of course, I can't deny that there's a lot of lore and story content that have gone by unnoticed by a lot of players that happened during bygone events, and I agree, it's pretty messy a lot of the times...doesn't mean the world-building is bad. TBF Warframe probably isn't the only game that suffers from this issue. 

I don't particularly see a problem in "killing" a boss in their bossfight for their character to return later in a quest/event/update, I've accepted the fact that most bosses are treated like Vay Hek, flying away when you defeat him. If there're cool things that DE can do with their characters, I don't really mind if they survive after their bossfights. 

Then again, it's not like every boss fight so far has been like that. In any case, Alad V's entire story is pretty justified imo, I mean...we technically only defeated him twice. First is boss fight on Jupiter, he canonically survived it by mingling around with the Infestation, which got us the Mutalist Alad V fight, and by then he probably survived it bc welll...Infested.

The only thing out of order about Alad V's whole story is that a huge part of his story happened during "Tubemen of Regor" event, which a lot of players probably don't even know happened. Maybe it's bc you dunno it existed that you think Alad V's story is "out of order". 

With all that said though...I don't even see how bosses surviving really have anything to do with world-building...like honestly, whatever? 

You can say what you want about the story, that's your own personal opinion. But world-building ain't just simply that. It's the Cetus people, Solaris United, Entrati, etc...all with unique cultures and indentities, they tell us that Warframe isn't just simply "space flesh golems shoot bad people".

Even Railjack missions have TONS of world-building, with every Proxima having these...background "props" and PoIs, like the GIANT space station in Neptune Proxima, or the giant drill thing in Pluto Proxima, etc...

8 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

we will be able to somehow, most likely by killing Pazuul, since he heads up Narmer now. but it still won't feel as logical or impactful as it would if DE did the right thing and gave us a Narmer Starmap to liberate first IMO. they folded almost instantly when Ballas died, despite supposedly having taken over the entire system: at the very least DE could have thrown a few Murex nodes on each planet and said "Narmer are regrouping here, strike to eliminate them!" and then we would have felt like we were actually dismantling the Narmer empire. 

Yeah, I do agree with a lot of your points. Honestly I would've loved it if DE sorta...pushed Narmer/Sentients back a notch, after we killed Ballas...not have them basically pseudo-enslaving the entire system currently. Because of that, now we're sorta in this spot where DE HAS to do more with Narmer, because if they don't, more and more questions would only pile up.

If DE had sorta made the Sentients to be "driven away" from the system after the New War, and left it back to the Corpus and Grineer but still hold a bigger presence than they were before, I think it'd leave DE to have a much bigger room to work with, not having to do stuff that's only related to Narmer/Sentients. It would make them feel more like a....4th enemy faction in Warframe, instead of...what they are now, mingled with Grineer/Corpus tilesets, making it a bit of a mess to work with in the far future.

If it was up to me, I suppose I'd make Narmer/Sentients act like how...Kuva Siphon/Kuva Flood/ Void Fissure/ Kuva Fortress work. Changing from places to place, turning Grineer/Corpus/Infested nodes into Narmer "Archon Hunt"-like nodes, with Narmer-converted Grineer/Corpus enemies and Sentients as a start, and maybe work themselves up from there.

It would open room for Scarlet Spear event to return, kinda like occasional Sentient/Narmer incursions that you have to quell, etc...

it also doesn't help that the Narmer Bounties are such cheap reskins of standard Plains/Fortuna bounties. if they had at least had different objectives it might have felt more meaningful, but all it was for me was yet another grind for the Archon Weapon BPs. ultimately DE will just pick up where they left off as one of the grineer/corpus heads will hatch a new plan and then need a good a$$-kicking. 

Yeah, I suppose it really was just something to fill the new stuff to grind into, it's not necessarily a bad thing but I suppose I wouldn't mind if we had something....more. 

again, all it takes is for one of the antagonists to start up something: personally for the grineer I want to finally see Doctor tengus appear in the game: dude's a major presence in the Lore and supposedly why half of Mercury is infested, but he's still never been seen or heard. the Corpus were literally on the verge of a Civil War prior to New War due to Parvos disowning Nef and wanting back his place as CEO of the Corpus. chances are that if Narmer hadn't shown up, those two would already be at it, while Alad V would be very interesting to watch as he could do anything: side with one or the other, play both sides until one wins, or even make his own power play and steal the corpus crown from under them as they bicker.

the Infested meanwhile are also still an ever present threat and still have yet to receive the Railjack and Lich treatment: personally I hope for Infested Liches that actually evolve as they get stronger and for a Railjack vs Jordas Golem fight on Eris Proxima!

TLDR: we need to end Pazuul; after that, Narmer should be gone for good and the other factions will gradually regain their former power. might actually be peaceful for a while until someone does something and the wars start all over again.

Yeah,...there's still room for the Grineer and Corpus to enter the fold again...but I feel like DE has to add more to Narmer first, before they do that...We've only had the post-New War bounties and Veilbreaker so far, haven't faced off against Pazuul yet so there's still work to be done...

But all in all, it's probably gonna be a while until we can get back to the kind of world-building of old, where we explored alot into the the deeper warframe universe, before "The New War".

It'd be weird to suddenly introduce a whole new culture/group of people like the Ostrons and Solaris United, while Narmer is still in the thick of things, don't you think? 

Archived