Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing Swap Speed

Ochan

I tend to fly around open worlds and shooting enemies from my archwing but swapping weapons around feels so slow and sluggish. I am aware that Warframe swap speed is now innately faster, can't the new swap speed be also applied while in archwing as well? Small but welcome quality of life change. 

so I had some extra time today so fiddled around with this. Open world archwing weapon swap is much much faster than it's original speed. When I tried to use a stop watch to compare the speed when swapping the exact same weapons on foot to open world archwing the swap speed in both cases is so fast that the time it takes to start and stop a stopwatch makes timing them accurately with that method impossible. If you wanted accurate measurements you'd need to take 2 continuous fire weapons and record switching weapons while still holding down fire (weapon switching takes priority over firing but as soon as the weapon is done it resumes firing if the button is held). You'd then need to slow down the video you took so you can see how much time passes between the first weapon stopping fire and the second weapon starting to fire.

Just going off feel I think the weapon swap speeds are very close or the same. The animations that play are a little different so either that makes it seem longer in open world archwing or does make it take maybe half a second or less extra time.

Archived