Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Prime Access Discussion and Feedback Megathread

GAstarblade

I really don't see why so many people seem to think they're entitled to extra stuff because they bought an unrelated pack.

We got what we paid for with the founders packs. We got our shinies and platinum, that's it, that's all that was agreed upon. There was no mention of discounts on future packs or anything like that.

You don't want to pay for the whole pack? Fine. Don't. You don't have any obligation to. Just like DE has no obligation to give you discounts on unrelated things. Missing out on a scarf and a more useful resource drone isn't going to kill you.

Being a Founder doesn't mean you're super special. There are tons of founders. It was available for months. At the moment founders are the only ones with access to the design council (although everything there inevitably gets leaked anyway) .

I'm one of those who feel slighted by DE. I've already supported their game by giving them at least a quarter of of a thousand USD. Is it unreasonable for us to ask for more options? Also keep in mind this doesn't affect just us "whaler" even though it looks like mainly us doing the "complaining." I just want an alternative option where I can skip the plat, the boosters, and maybe even Ember Prime just for the exclusive. This Prime Access is an issue because this can easily spiral out of control. I do want to have this looked at and addressed promptly before the pricing gets even more ridiculous even for those who pay for the contents in the game. (please take your p2w arguments to another thread)

As a veteran/someone who spent hundreds of hours on this game already,
I'm on "end" game content already.
I don't need more plat.
I don't want the affinity/credit boosters since I don't need it.
I can farm for Ember Prime and the new weapons on my own time.
I'm still sitting on a good chunk of plat that was barely used.

I just want to BUY the shiny scarf and maybe the Prime Extractor. I'm still going to pay them, why can't I just skip straight to the desert instead of ordering a full course meal? $139.99 is a lot of money to scrap up for every damn Prime Access they are going to roll out. Try doing the math. We are most likely going to get the rest of the frames a Prime variant at some point down the line. If I pay for Prime Access every damn time, let's see how much it costs using Ember Prime's current package deal as an example.

12 frames so far including Valkyr x $139.99 the highest bundle = $1679.88
12 frames x 4300 plat for the highest bundle = 51,600
Average frame cost ~ 300 plat
Alternate helmet ~ 75 plat
Accessories ~ 15 plat each
Your typical Orokin potato and Jiggy Forma ~ 20 plat each
I'm not even going to dignify putting mod packs, key packs or even suggesting people buy resources

It's not like a prime variant is released every half a year or something. A prime frame is released every 2-3 months going by their current trend. I can't justify paying that much money for a game every year at around $559.96. This game, as it stands, does not deserve me spending that much cash. (Game is still beta, still buggy as @#$^!, etc etc.) This is no longer micro-transaction. This is highway robbery. And those plat? Oh my god what am I suppose to do with plat when I don't even buy the mod packs (trolololol, warframe "rare" ability mods) or the key packs. You might as well give me a gun that shoots plat for massive damage.

Keep in mind this price point is very reminiscent to the recently closed out Founders program even though GM is $250. If Ember Prime and this current bundle was available/swapped with the Excalibur Prime + starter Prime set; I would take that Ember Prime set in a heartbeat. Seriously, better looking frame, better looking weapons, and a really nice looking scarf. Why wouldn't I be jelly/annoyed with this new bundle pack? Even if you are using this deal to appeal to new players. Your price is way too high. You can't use coupons either. You are going to do this every Prime Access. There's a limit to how many new players who would buy/subscribe to your Prime Access every time. This is not how you do premium items if you want repeat customers. Unless you are that strapped for cash right now, seriously consider having a chat with your accountant/business major intern/seriously someone else.

Edited by Paper_Rabbit

I don't feel cheated either.  So you get this prime drone; that still won't be as good as farming for yourself.  So you get this scarf; it is purely cosmetic.

Let's not disregard the $200 worth of platinum you get with this $140 package.

Please tell me more of how these 2 near insignificant items in this package cheat you while you save $60 on platinum and get instant access to all new prime content.

That is part of my post. I don't want/need the $200 worth of plat.  I really just want some of the items. There are no other options but the three they listed.  I could do with $50 worth of plat, the scarf, the extractor, maybe one of the prime weapons for like $70. 

I just don't want to buy ember prime and those weapons, takes the fun out of going and getting them. I do want the cosmetic items however and would be willing to buy them in a separate pack that didn't include the plat/ingame obtainable items..

I'm one of those who feel slighted by DE. I've already supported their game by giving them at least a quarter of of a thousand USD. Is it unreasonable for us to ask for more options? Also keep in mind this doesn't affect just us "whaler" even though it looks like mainly us doing the "complaining." I just want an alternative option where I can skip the plat, the boosters, and maybe even Ember Prime just for the exclusive. This Prime Access is an issue because this can easily spiral out of control. I do want to have this looked at and addressed promptly before the pricing gets even more ridiculous even for those who pay for the contents in the game. (please take your p2w arguments to another thread)

As a veteran/someone who spent hundreds of hours on this game already,

I'm on "end" game content already.

I don't need more plat.

I don't want the affinity/credit boosters since I don't need it.

I can farm for Ember Prime and the new weapons on my own time.

I'm still sitting on a good chunk of plat that was barely used.

I just want to BUY the shiny scarf and maybe the Prime Extractor. I'm still going to pay them, why can't I just skip straight to the desert instead of ordering a full course meal? $139.99 is a lot of money to scrap up for every damn Prime Access they are going to roll out. Try doing the math. We are most likely going to get the rest of the frames a Prime variant at some point down the line. If I pay for Prime Access every damn time, let's see how much it costs using Ember Prime's current package deal as an example.

This is what i'm talking about.  You just read my mind of what I was trying to say. Give me more options. Because i want a shiny belt buckle, shouldn't mean i have to buy a whole tailor suit. 

While it would be a nice gesture if Founders get a little discount, in the end, we were given an offer for X and got X. As a little extra, we even get a headband and t-shirt. They've already extended the deal a good bit, especially for those who bought the Disciple tier (production + shipping probably is as expensive as your pack).

In the end it boils down to this: Are you willing (and able) to spend money on this. It has nothing to do with founder status.

3. You're seemingly missing the point of what the founder's program and this new prime access was/is about. You're donating to their company so they can add more content to the game and keep it alive overall. What you get is just a little treat for your troubles.

So there should be two pay walls to get exclusive content?

In the end it boils down to this: Are you willing (and able) to spend money on this. It has nothing to do with founder status.

I am able and when I get in from work tonight I’ll pick it up as I have no will (curse there damn loveable nature forcing my wallet open). But this thread does raise some interesting points that I hope DE look into on their next pack and onwards as the player base grows and stays around longer :D. Don’t forget the older guys that have been around we have money too :D

I am curious though does it accumalate? Like if I buy the first pack.. will I be able to buy the second pack for only a couple 20-30 bucks more?

Short term i would of said nope and long term maybe... really it's coming down to people are around longer and want to support through packs like this that aren't plat based as they'll just have to much of the stuff that they cant get rid of it. You look at the pricing of most items with plat and your'll start going how the heck am i gonna spent it all.

I don't give a S#&$ I'm not going to shell out 140 dollars to get the items that I want.

I have 2700 plat to spend to buy them, I'm not putting another dime into this game if they don't change it.

This is absolutely ridiculous, the prime items are fine I get it at least I can farm for them, but I want the scarf and the titan extractor.

now you just sound like those non-founders who wanted the excal, lato and skana prime but yea the new offer is overpriced

I am curious though does it accumalate? Like if I buy the first pack.. will I be able to buy the second pack for only a couple 20-30 bucks more?

Megan already answered this earlier in the thread: it will reset, so there will be a new set of packs.

3. You're seemingly missing the point of what the founder's program and this new prime access was/is about. You're donating to their company so they can add more content to the game and keep it alive overall. What you get is just a little treat for your troubles.

No, that was the point of the Founder's program. The point of the Prime Access pack is to get instant access to the latest Prime gear.

Like i said before, they just need to make a prime accsses with just all the itens, and without the platinum! that would be fair and less expensive, for those who already have a lot of platinum. make it with a 30-40 dolar price... if they are going to make a pack like that in every update, i think this is the best solution.

Not everyone is a millionaire XD! (sorry for my bad english)

I agree. I have boat loads of plat from my founder's pack and really really don't need another truck load. There won't be many founders who have managed to spend all of theirs.

It would be nice to have the option of buying just the exclusives without the plat. I wouldn't mind pay a bit over the odds for something that pretty much comes as free just to sweeten the already great platinum discount that the packs offer.

Stated on the FAQ that Prime Access will be rotating, which means any and all future prime releases will be available via instant purchase  Taking a look at the void we see Ember prime in capture, Frost prime in exterminate and mag prime in survival. Interestingly this leaves Mobile defense and Defence without a prime and almost guarntee's we'll be seeing Prime's in these Voids.

The disappointing and underhanded part is that they've purposely put the Sicarius prime in T3 mobile defence (current info) and glaive prime in Defence, the only two void runs without a prime. Which to me says that they want people to waste all their keys on defence and mobile runs so that when we come to farming the two new primes in these zones we don't have bundles of keys to use and people buy the Prime Access feature.

As for the prime access, had you actually put the prime misa syandana and prime titan extractor which are unobtainable in-game as the first tier flare reward, I would of considered buying them. After I've farmed the ember, there is no reason for anybody to buy the Prime Access. Even as a money maker its a bad design.

I purchased plat to obtain unobtainable items and now you're telling me to buy more plat which can't be used to buy these unobtainable items unless I buy a prime access pack that has bundled items I don't want in them.

Link pretty much sums up the Prime Access.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjBfAsEilvo

Edited by Blowfist

I'm fine with people being able to pay to get things first in a F2P game, I'm fine with people being able to pay to get exclusive cosmetics, I'm even okay with some double-drone thing for people who pay for the game.

But I really, really, don't like the F2P standard of exclusive deals that cost over 100$ - 300$ for those things. It's a pretty drastic overcompensation and an injustice to most of their customers, including those who actually support the game.

Personally, I don't care that much about scarves, a special drone, or getting the Primes without actually playing. It's the principle of these packs that boils my blood.

I bought a Founders pack primarily to support the game and figured I'd find interesting things to spend the plat on in the future (Other than for the things I consider necessities that this game sells for Platinum only, like slots).

These packs generally try to make new players pay more than they originally wanted to or make players who have already invested in the game pay a lot more without getting much for their money.

When a company sells currency for money, I expect it to consider that currency as a form of money, but these sort of packs invalidate that.

If they were to allow people to buy these packs without the bonus platinum (Which is the only real justification for selling a 140$ pack), or even better, sell these packs in the game for plat, I'd think otherwise.

For now, I just feel like it's a disheartening approach and I'll go on with my life until it crosses a red line, or changes.

And again, this doesn't interrupt my game in any way. If people feel like buying these, good on them.

I still think that it is a sub-par approach for a concept with some potential (Prime Accesses and such). They could do much better with these, and they could do things that satisfy other groups in their market, too. It's simply disappointing.

They can have as many Founder Program replicas as they like if they actually care about the people they are taking the money from, instead of moving on to a new replica with new, recycleable wallets.

Edited by Feam

i think its fine.

there is no need for them.

they are just cosmetic items.

that said, the price for them is absolutely ridiculous.

DE should be ashamed of the prices.

i think they should remove (or severely cut back on) the plat, and slash the price in 1/3 at the very least.

Not to mention we could build everything but the scarf, and titan... and my titans work just fine...