Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Prime Access Discussion and Feedback Megathread

GAstarblade

Nah, this isn't a founder support thing.  This is a shortcut pack with exlusives plain and simple.  It's like a premium account analog you find in many F2P hybrid games except a hell of a lot more expensive for significantly less content.  

Yes, we are founders, yes we supported and believed in them.  They're not running a charity though and neither are we so that altruistic poop can go right out the door thank you very much.  We are their investors, we expect certain returns down the road for that investment beyond what everybody else gets (in case you decide to chalk it purely up to the content they implement) that didn't invest early got plain and simple. 

We're not asking for handouts, what we are asking for is the privilege to purchase exclusives from these post founder packs at a reasonable price - not the plat, not the in-game obtainable content - just the exclusives.

Look I get what you're saying. I'm not trying to sound hostile or like a troll. I look at my fellow founders as a family more or less. Maybe DE just had the mindset that all of their supporters are millionaires and a couple hundred bucks is nothing. I'd be all for it if they'd make it a separate purchase. But then again, it kind of kills the point of prime access, and thus they lose potential income.

Y'know... The more i think about it, the more petty the argument starts to look. I dunno, i don't think those prices are aimed for Founders that already GOT their fair share of enormous amounts of Platinum and Prime gear... I think this is geared towards the new players that came after the Founders Program ended... And hey, if they want to throw some exclusive stuff that only those guys can get, then who the hell am i to stop them?...

I think i would only miss out on the little Golden Titan guy, a golden extractor robot sounds really awesome... But hey, i don't think he will be much worse then regular Titan guy... But that's me greeding over this. They could have very much locked Ember, Glaive and Sicarus in those packs and THEN i would be very much disappointed. But they didn't, so i think i'm cool with not buying such a pack. (I'll go back to wait for that 75% discount pack to make a maximum purchase.)

Look I get what you're saying. I'm not trying to sound hostile or like a troll. I look at my fellow founders as a family more or less. Maybe DE just had the mindset that all of their supporters are millionaires and a couple hundred bucks is nothing. I'd be all for it if they'd make it a separate purchase. But then again, it kind of kills the point of prime access, and thus they lose potential income.

Didn't interpet you like that, it's a forum where we all share opinions and discuss our differences - if everybody just agreed with one another all day long it'd be nothing but a circle jerk right?  I come off as an &#!/angry bc I'm coarse not because I am :)  The thing with prime access is that it's sort of for non-founders/people who still need plat.  Those of us who have obtained mountains of plat have zero use for that part...the other stuff is shortcut ect. but putting the exclusives on the top tier?  That is actually going to kill their revenue bc I'm willing to bet the majority of players who buy plat have already bought their fair share and aren't willing to shell out 140$ for a cosmetic item.  That doesn't mean those people don't want that cosmetic item and aren't unwilling to purchase it separately while other players that need the plat would opt for the big discounted plat package.

Y'know... The more i think about it, the more petty the argument starts to look. I dunno, i don't think those prices are aimed for Founders that already GOT their fair share of enormous amounts of Platinum and Prime gear... I think this is geared towards the new players that came after the Founders Program ended... And hey, if they want to throw some exclusive stuff that only those guys can get, then who the hell am i to stop them?...

I think i would only miss out on the little Golden Titan guy, a golden extractor robot sounds really awesome... But hey, i don't think he will be much worse then regular Titan guy... But that's me greeding over this. They could have very much locked Ember, Glaive and Sicarus in those packs and THEN i would be very much disappointed. But they didn't, so i think i'm cool with not buying such a pack. (I'll go back to wait for that 75% discount pack to make a maximum purchase.)

Discounts do not apply to prime access packages.  Also, those prices aren't aimed at us that is correct and we feel left out in the cold which is the heart of the matter.  They took our money, politely smiled at us in a professional manner then hit a button and pushed us out of line so the next batch of customers could come along.  To a company, you are only as good to them as the last purchase you made and the next purchase you are willing to make.  DE seemed to forget that last part.  Might not have stung so much had they not given us all the trite thank you guiz malarkey right before this....it just comes off as superficial now.  Unless they're honestly thinking most founders are going to shell out 140$ for a single cosmetic (which btw, looks pretty sick from the SS of E.Prime wearing it posted elsewhere in the forums)

Edited by Relkin

Well I guess the good thing about this new prime access is that 4300 platinum is $140 instead of $200. But yeah it sucks for the founders that dished out a lot of money.

Yeah, it's a great deal for newer players/players who missed out on founders packs for w/e reason - I think everybody is in unanimous agreement on that.  

It's the tier placement of the exclusives that I think most people are upset about - I mean yes there are some of us who will probably pick it up on top of other stuff we picked up but that is a very small minority who can afford that sort of thing where as most people in these groups are left out and that bothers the crap out of me and I feel like it's terrible practice.

Almost half a grand between founders and ONE of these packs (AGAIN, there will be new ones every prime release with new exclusives!).  Think about that.....that is absurd.  

Wanting "Legendary" items in a game? That is fine, I don't have a Braton Vandal bc I was busy that weekend and I don't have a snipertron vandal because again I was busy that weekend and I've got no problem with that, it was an in-game thing.  Legendary items cycled through the system at a cost like this?  That is terrible, and again it really is crappy for early adopters.  Especially because as DE grows, gets more money, and gets better at what they do this stuff is just going to get cooler and cooler.  

Want proof of that?  Fine.  Look at the Skana prime and the Lato Prime - now look at the Sicarus Prime and the glaive or even the orthos prime.  Do you see the difference in quality?  Crap look at Excal prime lol he's barely different from excal!  Now look at ember prime vs. ember.  The more they work on this game, the better this stuff looks/gets so if you adopt early you're either screwed later on or have to pay through the nose again.  

DE needs to implement a veterans program for accounts that have spent X dollars that will allow them to purchase these exclusive cosmetics or something because the current system they are implementing stinks.

EDIT: Used prime twice when I meant to use vandal >_< got primes on da mind :b

Edited by Relkin

Can someone verify this, I'm hearing rumors that if you pay the $139.99 for Prime Access, you will instantly get any new Prime Gear/Warframe in the future? Is this true...? 

Nope, Jaywalker responded to my question about that in this thread.  Every major update where there are new primes there will be a new 140$ package.

Nope, Jaywalker responded to my question about that in this thread.  Every major update where there are new primes there will be a new 140$ package.

Damn.... thats a bit much, I think eventually the exclusives will be bland, although them being "exclusives" such as that Syandana Prime, seasoned players will still buy I guess... but if they're going to keep repeating it, I think $140 is a bit much .-.

I really hope that they do release a pack that's just for the cosmetics and/or exclusives. I'm set for life on plat seeing as I'm another player that likes to work for my frames and weapons. I only buy slots and cosmetics.

I'm the same boat (though I also rush some things on a whim and buy potatoes as needed) - this prime access package is just too steep.

I'm the same boat (though I also rush some things on a whim and buy potatoes as needed) - this prime access package is just too steep.

I really hope that they do release a pack that's just for the cosmetics and/or exclusives. I'm set for life on plat seeing as I'm another player that likes to work for my frames and weapons. I only buy slots and cosmetics.

They could also make a different set of Tiers on the same things except without the Plat included thus lowering the price. Makes those who are new to the game want all that stuff plus the extra plat and those who all ready have too much plat save money yet still support.

Exactly.  These are the things we've been saying - they need to implement a veterans program or tier or something for those of us who have no use for the boosts (have all the old crap maxed out and got millions of creds) and definitely don't need any more plat. 

I buy the occasional potato as well when I need it, but I don't think I've ever rushed a build...aside from those Corpus Void keys that were free to rush.

yea, i agree that they should just give some sort option to obtain the 3 exclusive item individually separate from the plat.

I want the the avatar and the syandana but not the 3 prime gear or the plat, and certainly not the boaster...

I reckon that DE would make more money this way, and we will be able to get exactly what we want.  

So I just got a 20% off platinum discount from the daily login, which is awesome. But I was really annoyed when I found out that there is no discount on prime access. I know that the prime access packs are already pretty cheap, but still this kind of sucks. 

Like you said, it's already pretty cheap, technically a 50% discount for the cheapest package (getting a $100 value for 50$) package plus you get 2 prime weapons. If you expect a discount on a discount, then I need to crush some greedy milk from your skull.

Edit: I actually read more than the title

Edited by f-e-a-r-s

So I just got a 20% off platinum discount from the daily login, which is awesome. But I was really annoyed when I found out that there is no discount on prime access. I know that the prime access packs are already pretty cheap, but still this kind of sucks. 

I am wondering why I must pay 125990 euro for that package...Seems a bit much :D (Probaly just a faulty number added in there)

GkabeMw.jpg?1