Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Prime Access Discussion and Feedback Megathread

GAstarblade

Discounts do not apply to prime access packages.  Also, those prices aren't aimed at us that is correct and we feel left out in the cold which is the heart of the matter.  They took our money, politely smiled at us in a professional manner then hit a button and pushed us out of line so the next batch of customers could come along.  To a company, you are only as good to them as the last purchase you made and the next purchase you are willing to make.  DE seemed to forget that last part.  Might not have stung so much had they not given us all the trite thank you guiz malarkey right before this....it just comes off as superficial now.  Unless they're honestly thinking most founders are going to shell out 140$ for a single cosmetic (which btw, looks pretty sick from the SS of E.Prime wearing it posted elsewhere in the forums)

Discount did not apply to Founders either. And the way i see it, they are treating us less like discartable customers and more like the dude that already paid his dues. Y'know, "You've already paid us quite a lot, now you get to play the entire rest of the game for free, because that amount of money you got us is enough. I will now try to drill down ANOTHER guy's wallet, if you don't mind." Not being the target of every product that a company release does not mean that they are ignoring you. It would be like saying that EA sucks (which they do) because they released battlefield 4 and completely ignored the fans of Mass Effect that wants Mass Effect 4...

I gotta add the titan extractor an misa syandana to my prime collection I just gotta! Plus the plat an boosters will make my completionist self very happy. My question is how long will prime access be available for? Only curious because the founders lasted for a month I think an Id hate to miss out on this one but my only chance really is asking for it for Christmas if it last's up to December 25th. If not no biggie but the founders pack has left me in a very bad spot to be asking to invest even more money into the game which I love. Oh an no I don't have a job I live in the U.S. an in Florida on top of that :D

I just hope this doesn't signal the start of pay to win era for Warframe, where we start seeing more & more of payment only exclusive content that is actually significantly more powerful than what you can obtain ingame. While the Extractor Prime with its double resource modifier isn't exactly a make or break thing (in my opinion), it still makes me worry about whats coming up next.

Agreed. There was no reason for them to do things this way. And their lack of understanding of game economics will mean the eventual end of this game. Nor do I anticipate that end being too far off. I'm actually kind of looking forward to it, at this point; they are that frustrating.

They are exclusives for a pack you can buy, you sound just like the people who wanted the prime gear from the Founders packs in game.

I am not saying I agree with their decision here, but what they hand out to us is their choice.

Edited by Silraed

You can buy normal titan in the market.

The scarf is just a scarf.. It's cosmetic, and you'll likely stop using it after a week. It's not a big deal.

It's just added incentive to push people over the edge and buy the pack, but on its own it's not worth the pack.

This kinda reminds me of BF3 and BF4..

BF3 released a "premium package" where you'd get all the DLC packs, double exp weekends and other random stuff.. The day BF4 came out they already released the premium package, giving you a total of $100-$140 to spend. EA could atleast give the bf3 premium players a discount on the bf4 premium package.

Now this kinda explains how I feel after buying a grandmaster founder pack, I don't feel like paying 100-150 bucks every time DE releases a new update every 2-3 months. I understand that you can get all the items in-game but I care more about the unique or exclusive stuff.

My point: Since they are going to release Prime Access every update now, atleast they could give the founders and people that have been playing for a long time a discount.

iDO5DHz.png

That's actually pretty neat. Ember/Sicarus/Glaive Prime are all apparently just the current items you can purchase from the Prime Access Program. I have a question though. It says the latest Prime Warframes and Prime Gear are going to be offered in the pack, giving you instant access without a build time for acquiring the components/BPs. What about the Titan Extractor/Misa Syandana Prime? Are those going to be rotated as well?

And I have another question. If you look a little further down the page, you can see that you can only purchase each stage of Prime Access once.

G7jQlZM.png

So what happens if you purchase the Inferno pack, but then the items offered are changed to some other Prime stuff? If I'm interpreting it correctly, you can't buy any new offers from the Prime Access packs. Or maybe, the Prime Access program is like a store offering different packs. The current pack, the Ember Prime pack or whatever, can't be repurchased, but upon rotating to let's say a Valkyr Prime pack, you can purchase it again?

I dunno. I'd like some answers. Personally, the last idea should be done. It'd be unfair if purchasing one pack meant you were unable to purchase another.

Edited by AlchemistMute

JSCQFu5.jpg

Hey guys, what do you think about my new scarf? Oh....

Even though I shelled out the money I would honestly have no problem if they added them to the marketplace, however I doubt it will happen.

Edited by LadyLilith

I don't give a S#&$ I'm not going to shell out 140 dollars to get the items that I want.

I have 2700 plat to spend to buy them, I'm not putting another dime into this game if they don't change it.

This is absolutely ridiculous, the prime items are fine I get it at least I can farm for them, but I want the scarf and the titan extractor.

Are those going to be rotated as well?

afaik, yes.

So what happens if you purchase the Inferno pack, but then the items offered are changed to some other Prime stuff? If I'm interpreting it correctly, you can't buy any new offers from the Prime Access packs. Or maybe, the Prime Access program is like a store offering different packs. The current pack, the Ember Prime pack or whatever, can't be repurchased, but upon rotating to let's say a Valkyr Prime pack, you can purchase it again?

its a rotating pack.

its called "flare/blaze/inferno" this round, but will be called something else on the next round.

its similar to the founder upgrade deal too, so you can buy the lowest level, and upgrade for the difference.

if you were to max out this pack, then you could no longer buy another part of it... but when the next set/rotation comes out, you can do it all over again (if you want).

A compromise to both keep them exclusive but also allow people to buy them separately, instead of being forced to also buy the platinum and Prime gear, and such.

Put the Misa/Titan Prime in the market, but remove it once the current "Ember" pack is changed to some other pack. That allows us to purchase these things separately but only while the packs are up.

they are just cosmetic items.

Titan Extractor actually has double resource capacity compared to the one obtainable ingame. That being said, I don't mind cosmetic exclusives (even if I think the price is totally silly) but when you have exclusives that give you a significantly better item than what you can obtain... That's a dangerous territory to thread.

I mean, what happens if next time the most costy package includes Primed Chamber in it? Sure, you have a lesser version obtainable ingame but that is still directly buying more power - which is something I'm pretty concerned about.

I don't give a S#&$ I'm not going to shell out 140 dollars to get the items that I want.

I have 2700 plat to spend to buy them, I'm not putting another dime into this game if they don't change it.

This is absolutely ridiculous, the prime items are fine I get it at least I can farm for them, but I want the scarf and the titan extractor.

whoa there... calm down bro.

they are just cosmetics.

they do not impact the game.

they do not make your dink grow 5 inches.

chill the hell out.

My understanding of Prime Access is that it rotates with each new wave of Prime content (so each update at this rate). 

It's a way for DE to monetize off of prime stuff while allowing players to get platinum at discounted rates and a few exclusives. Newer players, who may have not become Founders, can have their own exclusives, as a good chunk of the Founders won't be getting these packs because they're already sitting on enough resources to last them a reasonable amount of time. Dropping that much, or more, in the Founder's Program is understandable because of how one weighed the value of being on the Star map or being in DC. I thought DC was enough of an additional perk that I upgraded from Hunter to Master. Likewise, I upgraded from Disciple to Hunter because I thought that Excalibur was enough of an additional perk as well. 

Only real exclusives in this (first) iteration of prime access are the scarf and drone, and I doubt those are enough of an incentive to drop over a hundred dollars. Then again, that's just my opinion, and I'm one of a million. 

Edited by michaelwii

My point: Since they are going to release Prime Access every update now, atleast they could give the founders and people that have been playing for a long time a discount.

This is the question I would like answered. As a founder are we not going to get some sort of discount at all on these packs. I love this game and I’ve enjoy the hard work and time DE but ... I’d rather grind for the ember set and weapons but would love to be able to purchase the bot, boosts and scarf for a fair price ??? Is there no way that as a founder we could somehow gain access to the items we would like to buy from the pack for a reasonable price and not everything because we're already set??

Am I thinking too far out the box on this one ??? I mean I have already brought the Grand Masters set to show you my  love for you guys  :D  please DE I love you guys so much but your tearing me apart :D