Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Prime Access Discussion and Feedback Megathread

GAstarblade

Oh you should have seen my face when I saw the packages. Just yesterday I bought a platinum package with 45 euros so that I could support this game and get the new gear, just to find out today that I could have gotten Sicarus and Glaive Prime at the same price and platinum on the top of that. I feel cheated >:l

Edited by BETAOPTICS

Actually, i was sure that these prime items were in the void, but reading again the update notes i noticed that apparently they're not, soo... yeah. (i don't like that)

exclusives.

incentive to spend ungodly amounts of cash.

they do not directly impact the game (like weps/frame/mods would).

arguing that 2x resource titan is game changing is weak at best.

so someone gets 2x nannersperrs? who gives a F***?

giving away little crap like that is fine, and for some time, quite a few people have been asking for just that.

however, the price... is S#&$.

DE is not making any friends with the cost.

but hey, if your stupid impatient enough to get that stuff... well, i hope you have fun with it.

arguing that 2x resource titan is game changing is weak at best.

so someone gets 2x nannersperrs? who gives a F***?

You think that this argument is weak, well I don't.

It's my personal opinion, I have plat to spend and you probably do too. Why should I have to pay 140 to get exclusive items, it makes no sense.

Why not just give people a ton of plat for 140 dollars with the prime items and let them choose what they want.

Is it a weak argument for me to have to spend 140 dollars just to get exclusive items that I have the plat to buy in the first place, yeah that's is real logic, bravo DE.

Edited by Roadkill21

Oh you should have seen my face when I saw the packages. Just yesterday I bought a platinum package with 45 euros so that I could support this game and get the new gear, just to find out today that I could have gotten Sicarus and Glaive Prime at the same price and platinum on the top of that. I feel cheated >:l

ahahahah BUUUUURN! and now i'm here sitting and crying because i cant buy it :T the 79.99 usd pack will make me a happy panda

I honestly don't know why so many 'founders' are feeling so betrayed. To my knowledge, there is no such thing as a gift that keeps on giving.

I'm relatively new to Warframe (six or seven months I imagine) and I don't have the luxury of ample spare time so when I play a multiplayer game, it has to be in a casual capacity but I spend a good portion of that spare time laboriously levelling my toon like any other loyal warframe patron. The difference is, as a casual player, I have to accept that my character's skill sets will always be relatively underwhelming so I reconcile 'his' practical shortcomings by focusing on aesthetics. If I can't be 'leatzs', at least I can try to make my character 'look' awesome.

..which brings me to the 'primes'. I wasn't even aware of the existence of a 'founder's program' 'til I discovered an entry in the in-game information panel under the warframes section entitled 'Excalibur Prime', depicting a jaw dropping interpretation of the original Orokin design from which my current warframe was derived. I immediately set about the task of researching 'prime warframes' only to discover that the one warframe I desperately wanted (the 'Excalibur Prime' if you hadn't guessed) was no longer procurable by any means - fair nor foul.

My experience of MMO's to date suggests that most developers try to incentivise player participation by dangling sparkly set pieces in front of them as a reward for reaching goals periodically. That works fine in a subscription based business model but I can understand how and why F2P  titles need to utilise an alternative scheme and I'm all for purchasable aesthetic modifications which don't constitute 'pay-to-win'. With that in mind, I estimate that I've funneled roughly $140 into the game so I can play Barbie with my toon. I'd happily funnel another $140 into it if I knew I could turn my now underwhelming Excalibur into a blingy, gold trimmed version of himself.

Ultimately, this is why I never endorse 'exclusives' - not because they might/might not give a player a perceived advantage over another but because they become a source of consternation. When subsequent post-release 'exclusives' are rolled out, 'founding members' tend to feel betrayed whilst new recruits see lock-outs as a punitive bar for coming late to the party. Speaking for myself, I wouldn't mind if a post-u11 'Excalibur sub-prime' was release which neglected the gold trim in favour of something a little more drab ...but an entirely exclusive character model just grates.

Anywho, I didn't post this to provoke a flame war, I just wanted to express my sense of disappointment. I congratulate those 'founders' who saw fit to support 'Warframe' through its teething period and it's only right that you should be rewarded accordingly but I can't help feeling that, for me at least, the game is somehow diminished by knowing that my character will never be as aesthetically pleasing as he might otherwise have been. <sigh> ignorance was bliss..

p.s. Oh and on another topic entirely, how on earth does one change ones registered email address? I was with lavabit before certain unmentionables saw fit to sever its entire customer base from their primary means of online communication. For the life of me I can't find a contact details page anywhere on warframe.com! Any suggestions guys?

Cheers!

I'm not against the idea, but the execution is horrible. It seems to me like they want to offer a sort of recurring premium 'plan', but it's ridiculous to expect anyone but the biggest of spenders to buy this kind of thing more than once at these prices.

I think it would work much better if it were marketed as a sort of warframe 'premium subscription' and priced appropriately. This makes it much more appealing for people to try before they buy into it - even if they don't like it you still got a little bit from them. It also feels like spending less from the player's perspective - a player is much more likely to spend $50 over 5 small transactions vs $50 as one big lump sum.

-$10/20/30 a month

-1 weapon/2 weapons/2 weapons + frame (all with slot + potato)

-A small stipend of plat (as a rough example: 150/300/450). Sell people your shiny new trinkets, not a truckload of plat with some token stuff thrown in. As it it the plat pretty much accounts for like 75% or greater of the cost of the pack - the plat needs to go and the cost needs to come down with it if you expect people to buy this more than once.

People are also pretty frugal with plat, especially with your current market prices. Most people only buy the 'bare necessities', stuff like slots and potatoes. It's very difficult to run up a plat bill in the thousands making only those kinds of purchases. Nobody who only buys small stuff like that is going to want thousands of plat per month.

That would be the basic structure of the pack, but I can think of a few ways to further incentivise it, and encourage people to buy it monthly:

-Offer some exclusive items in the pack that aren't available elsewhere. Something like a 3 day quad affinity booster, or a pack of foundry 'rush tokens' which can be used to rush any foundry build. The possibilities are quite open here, those are just some examples of the kinds of little things you could offer. Offering a variety of things like this also gives the appearance of giving a lot more, and can make it come across as a much better deal - it's almost like a 'big warframe sample platter'

Building on this idea - if done right it makes the pack more appealing as a way of 'dipping your toes' into spending money on warframe. For $30, a player can try this premium deal for a month and if they like it, they might spend more, if not, they only spent $30 and don't feel too ripped off (and you still got $30 from them)

-Introduce the unique items as a 'loyalty reward'. As an example, after 2 months subscribed, you get the titan extractor BP, after 3 months, the Misa syandana and so on. You could also offer stuff like emblems, exclusive colour palettes, weapon/warframe skins - the works. This will encourage people to buy the pack more than once.

-Make the primes in the pack available to pack owners only for a week/fortnight before introducing them as void drops. That way, the people who do spend the money on the pack get to feel like a special snowflake for a little while and have the cool new thing nobody else does. Just another incentive to buy it.

Thoughts? Keep in mind this is just tackling the issue of the prime access pack. DE's absurd pricing in general is a much bigger fish to fry.

Edited by Segolia

The pricing in Warframe has always been over the top, and it's even more clear with this Prime Access. F2P games are really just taking the piss outta gamers. I used to think console games were insanely high priced, but F2P games beat that hands down. Imagine if you bought a game on Steam for $140, and all you got were the contents of this premium access.. The game would be on sale faster than you can say overpriced. And for Warframe, that $140 is in essence the price for a DLC. Next time new Prime gear is released, another DLC will be out, also costing $140 (or probably more). And that's just.. insane.

I've spent a ton of money on Warframe since the closed beta, both on founders packs and on plat (tho always with 50% off voucher), but this is just lame. For every patch, update, item release, it seems they're just trying even harder to exploit the ones who actually pay them money. Sure, they were awesome with the Halloween colors, but one step forwards, two steps back,

I cursed when I saw the Update 11 release just a few hours after a 50% off voucher expired, but now I don't really mind it so much.

I'm not liking this path. I had no quams at all about throwing down for a Master pack but if DE is going to start regularly offering additional packages with exclusive content locked behind excessive pay barriers... seriously? Anyone who's shelled out for a "pack" before should be able to access some of these exclusive items via individual purchase or otherwise. It's absolutely ridiculous to taunt people into spending that sort of money on one game. I dropped my hundred, may end up buying some more platinum at some point once mine runs out, depending on what sort of things there are to spend it on... but ... come on, guys. I'd love to give you money but don't make me feel like I'm being taken for a fool.

Edited by DeadlyFred

The Prime Access deal is arguably better than the Master package I bought. I don't regret buying it, I'm happy to support a game I love! And if this stuff was on the marketplace individually, minus the boosters and Platinum, I would have no problem with the Prime Access bundles. At least then I could just buy the Titan Extractor Prime and Syndana Prime, which are the only things I'm interested in. But the fact that these are exclusive means I have no choice but to spend ~£100 to get them! I don't have that kind of money lying around and even if I did, I couldn't justify spending it on this.

At the end of the day, these items do not affect me. Titan Prime is for convenience and the syndana is only cosmetic. But I'm a little disappointed with DE right now. These bundles are going to be a regular thing (every major update with a new Prime) and will likely continue to have exclusives unavailable anywhere else. This means that there will conitnue to be things that I WOULD purchase if they were on the marketplace, but which I am not willing to spend ~£100 on. And that makes me sad.

The platinum is nice but half of us founders probably won't need platinum for ages. It almost feels like a slap in the face for us.

If the Prime Packages are to replace the Founders Program, then these packages aren't meant for founders. If they aren't meant for founders then why is it a slap in the face?

So I want that scarf...

It says it's a rotating program.

I'm fresh out of cash.

So are the things that are going to rotate the prime stuff and the other exclusives will be available again?

I might have 140$ by the time ash prime comes out in u12.

Thanks!

If the Prime Packages are to replace the Founders Program, then these packages aren't meant for founders. If they aren't meant for founders then why is it a slap in the face?

Because a ton of people would like to get a prime titan and the syandana (because they are exclusive) but don't feel like paying another $140 on top of their $100 or $250 spent on founder

Here you go:

https://warframe.com/prime-access-faq

Based on the FAQ, the Misa Syandana will no longer be available when this current prime access pack rotates out (which is when they'll introduce the next prime in the future).

I can also assume that the prime resource drone and the 90 day boosters will be carried over to the next pack - however don't quote me on that, I will get confirmation from the higher ups.

...Imagine if you bought a game on Steam for $140, and all you got were the contents of this premium access.. The game would be on sale faster than you can say overpriced. And for Warframe, that $140 is in essence the price for a DLC. Next time new Prime gear is released, another DLC will be out, also costing $140 (or probably more). And that's just.. insane...

Funny, I'd never thought of it that way! ..such is the shrewdness of piece-meal marketing. Come to think of it, my last four steam titles were AAA's and set me back £20 in total. As an unrepentent hedonist, I've never been accused of frugality but I do have to wonder just how much my pursuit of digital sartorial splendour is going to cost me if I keep on blindly following this path.

p.s. Horse armour! :P

Edited by Taciter

seriously?! 

OMG...

I was planning on getting every exclusive item in game but if they will release one for 140$ per update I won't vbe able to keep up...

I hope they will just retain the same syandana... >_<

Official answers would also be appreciated.

Its ok PC players. I do understand what your saying but us ps4 players spent money too but there is no founders or prime access program for us at all. Check the psn store to see what we get for 149 and i bet you will feel alot better.

Edited by (PS4)True_Ace

Because a ton of people would like to get a prime titan and the syandana (because they are exclusive) but don't feel like paying another $140 on top of their $100 or $250 spent on founder

This right here is what I see as a problem for founders.

Now don't get me wrong I’ve got the income so I’ll probably buy the thing, (damn weak will) but I would like to see some sort of loyalty program or something for people that hand over a large amount of money's as a sort of thank you. Heck even a built in discount if you spent so much money already would be nice... something like you've paid $50 already good job here's a 5% perment discount on are wears... you spent over $100 .. wow have this nice 10% .... $200!!! we like you.. have this 15% and or so on. 

If I buy the huge packs of like $100 with a 15% off.. I’m going to feel a too up tight but at the same time it's like a steam sale.. yeah baby I just save 15% and got all this awesome loot!! and I think this is where the problem might be. For the founders pack I’m pretty sure you could us one of those daily coupons you get on entry to knock the price down and the fact you can’t do it on this is making people think twice...

But in the end, I’m just an old man who likes to play games, back to my cave of shame to play on and cry a little as I open my wallet once again, curse you DE for being so damn loveable  :D

This right here is what I see as a problem for founders.

1. Now don't get me wrong I’ve got the income so I’ll probably buy the thing, (damn weak will)

2. but I would like to see some sort of loyalty program or something for people that hand over a large amount of money's as a sort of thank you. Heck even a built in discount if you spent so much money already would be nice... something like you've paid $50 already good job here's a 5% perment discount on are wears... you spent over $100 .. wow have this nice 10% .... $200!!! we like you.. have this 15% and or so on. 

If I buy the huge packs of like $100 with a 15% off.. I’m going to feel a too up tight but at the same time it's like a steam sale.. yeah baby I just save 15% and got all this awesome loot!! and I think this is where the problem might be. For the founders pack I’m pretty sure you could us one of those daily coupons you get on entry to knock the price down and the fact you can’t do it on this is making people think twice...

1. Same ROFL

2. I agree that's the least they could do for us "oldies"

Don't really feel like paying DE 125 bucks every 2 months... it's not even about the money its just the feel that they "care" about us.. not replace one thing with another. I wouldn't have a problem buying these "premium" prime access packs if they give a proper discount or they get a reasonable price.

they still add around 20% for europeans. so the euro prices translate to 60/96/169 dollars (+ a few % for transaction fees).

they don't have any office in europe as far as i know, so why add vat (i assume it is vat, because it is in the same percentage ballpark)?

when i buy digital products from other non-eu based shops, i never pay taxes to the shop. only if it is a physical shipment, and then i have to pay our own toll and tax offices and not the shop. 

I still think there should be two options for each of the tiers in the Prime Access pack now and future ones. One would be what it is everything is the same more incentive for newer players or non founders to earn cheaper plat with with more return the more they spend and those nice exclusives but for founders or people who dont want to pay for in game items should be given a choice to the same selection except only exclusives and NO plat it would be cheaper around $50 minimum. I am willing to pay $50 easy every two maybe three months for the new Prime Access it would be a way that the DE could show their appreciation to founders and give a reasonable price as well. 

The Tier could be $20 for the picture, $30 for Prime Titan and picture, $50 for the Syandana, Prime Titan and Picture. That seems generous enough meaning we as founders still want to encourage growth and offer our support by voicing our opinions and giving DE money

Edited by AllanIncubi

Honestly, I don't mind paying for the package... but I wish they offered it at a more reasonable price without, or at least much less, platinum. There are a number of us that really don't need the plat at all, but still would like to get the exclusives and support the game.

I'd love to see a version that was say $70-80, had all the exclusives and primes, but no platinum. That way it would be more expensive then the 'Release' packs (like Necros and Valkyr in the store), but not include the cost of Plat some of us don't want.

If Prime Access packages are going to become something people buy regularly then there needs to be a way for us (as in people who have spent a certain amount already, not just Founders) to buy it on our own terms.

Some people will undoubtedly jump at the chance to get the new prime gear without grinding in the void. But a lot of people, probably the majority, prefer to work towards and earn their gear, even if the RNG is frustrating at times.

Because of this there should be some sort of option to skip purchasing the in-game prime gear, and get the exclusives.

-Maybe it's just like the market and we can pick out whatever we want.

-Maybe we just get a discount by opting out of the in-game primes.

-Maybe we can purchase a pack of just the exclusives (with or without platinum, I don't really care).

-Maybe we just get a discount on the standard packs because we've already supported the game significantly.

There are any number of ways it could be done, but in it's current state the Prime Access package is a joke (and maybe even a bit insulting).

I paid for my Master Founder pack because I wanted to get on the Design Council to help build the game.

I paid for the exclusive frame and sword (man I wanted that Lato but lack of income did not allow it) partly because exclusives are always nice to have, and also so people could see that I supported this game.

Now getting items which I can get in-game in a matter of time, that does not encourage me to purchase the package and support the game.

But if I could get the exclusives in a tier 1 or 2 package, then I would be punching in my credit card details instead of typing this.

Edited by Bleghy