Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Prime Access Discussion and Feedback Megathread

GAstarblade

I really want the Bandana and maybe the Avatar and Extractor. BUT I want to farm the Primes myself and 4,3k Plat too much since i only spend little Platinum (mostly on cosmetic items). But 126 Euros are too much for be. At most I would buy the 75€ Blaze-Pack, but i want the Misa Syandana Prime :(

It would be nice to have the possibility to buy a Add-On to the Pack, like buying Blaze-Pack for 75€+5€  for Misa Syandana as an Add-On.

Edited by Gucky-EGT-

Yeah I feel robbed because I bought 45 euro package the day after this patch because I thought I'd stock up some platinum and now I could have gotten two, first Prime weapons as well day later and for a player who hasn't gotten any Prime weapons since they were introduced, that is a pretty big deal.

I thought it was just a remake of the founder program for ps4 players.

They get a good starting gear set, enough plats to last a while, some goodies, and contribute to the development of the game at the same time. Just like the founders program.

Since most pc players already have easy access to primes, ingame, for free, I don't see the problem
Loot ak it this way: ps4 players just can't farm the void yet. It's too "end-game" for them, even if you had been playing non-stop since the release.
Heck, I'm not even sure U11 has been deployed on ps4 yet.

Edited by Thelonious

Like what most people are saying, I would definitely fork out a little extra for the exclusives, platinum would be nice too. Just dont think a bunch of primes in game that would keep me playing longer, would be worth paying for. Ive bought my fair share of weapons etc with platinum b.c of laziness, I just feel it takes the fun away if you grab the primes right away. An option for some people to buy primes? why not? option to buy exclusive stuff like that sexy syndana with out a full pack? You have my money. A bundle with a mountain of other stuff i don't need. eh im going to look past this one. Exclusives have the potential to make you (DE) more money, give the option of a few exclusives without the platinum or the bundle.
I really want to buy this b.c you(DE) have been coming out with great content, and you are some of the most interactive/close to player Dev team in the industry right now. Unfortunately can't afford to fork out a month of groceries, just for an in-game scarf, forum icon and a drone. 

My main problem is that I'd rather work for and earn Ember, Sicarus, and Glaive Prime. But I also want the scarf and to a lesser extent, the drone.

Locking the scarf in the highest tier and tying it to bundle means there's no way to get them without spending the maximum amount or getting stuff I'd rather not get with it.

It just seems really devious to people who want the fancy cosmetics while still actually playing the game. Almost all the Platnium I've spent from Grand Master has been spent on the stuff you can't earn in game

"Why does it always have to be about you! Because why would it be about someone else right. It's Me that counts the most! The first player to get in line. Everyone after me I couldn't care less! So please, do only stuff that I care about for this game or I will make sure I create every day a new whiny thread to explain how you are such jerks to me!"

All the founders crying for more it's pathetic. We already had a great deal in the Founder packages. Why beg for more everytime they create a new bundle of goods?

I like that they added this. Might give new players an incentive to invest in this great game and play more. I think It gives them enough stuff that they can feel they won't be eternally behind everyone else. That is how you take care of your playerbase, you invest in the new blood so the game can keep running.

They aren't slapping us in the face with this. We don't even have the content ourselves yet. Of course we can farm it, but it takes time, everything they add isn't pay-to-win it's for convenience. For people that want to invest in the game but do not have the time to farm the items. If you plan on farming it, why would you care in the first place? It's childish.

All the founders crying for more it's pathetic. We already had a great deal in the Founder packages. Why beg for more everytime they create a new bundle of goods?

I believe the general idea here is that we don't simply want more.

We want to be able to give more to DE, while still getting treated fairly.

---Blob of Text---

We feel "betrayed" because if you watched the November 1st Livestream they said that Founders were going to have some type of involvement in future offers and stuff so we don't feel "left out" and 17 days later this happens. Edited by jrkong

Dear DE,

Before committing to support you by purchasing one of the available packs, I would love to have an answer to following questions.

1) These packs are just as 'exclusive' as the Founders packs and no item will ever be made available any other way. Yes or no?

2) Will each new Prime packs contain new items, or will parts of this pack be transferred to it?

3) What is the planned release schedule for new Prime packs?

4) Can we receive information about the upcoming pack well in advance? I'm talking weeks here.

For example: Someone buys an Inferno pack only to see a week later that the newly released pack is so much more to their liking and personal playing style. No matter how dedicated, people won't be shelving out big numbers every time.

I've bought the founders pack to support a game I enjoyed playing and I'm more than willing to keep supporting IF I receive a bit more information. I'm assuming you have things planned out, so the more info, the better for all of us.

New players may see this Prime Access as maybe too much money for what its worth and to new players its a great deal for cheap plat and some nice items. There should be a secondary option to buy only the exclusives as most older players, founders or not, may not mind the Prime Access without plat/warframe and weapons to make it fair but we are still willing to pay for it even at $50-70 im sure that most, if not all, founders would buy $50 of the exclusives every 2-3 months instead of the very few who buy the bundle with clutter. In the end I still think founders and people who buy good bit of plat will be who give DE the most amount of money.

Is having a secondary option at a cheaper rate without the plat, Ember Prime, and Prime weapons but only the exclusives much to ask for? Maybe its because I missed out on three items all ready and I do enjoy the game alot and love to collect. Anyway even if nothing changes ill still play and buy plat maybe one or two Prime Access because the community, so far, is great and the Devs are quite friendly and active with their player base. 

Edited by AllanIncubi

My idea is that founders should be able to purchase the syndana separately or something. I don't really want to buy ember prime or those weapons because that takes the fun out of going and getting them, but I would like to be able to buy those items I can't earn ingame.

Discount did not apply to Founders either. And the way i see it, they are treating us less like discartable customers and more like the dude that already paid his dues. Y'know, "You've already paid us quite a lot, now you get to play the entire rest of the game for free, because that amount of money you got us is enough. I will now try to drill down ANOTHER guy's wallet, if you don't mind." Not being the target of every product that a company release does not mean that they are ignoring you. It would be like saying that EA sucks (which they do) because they released battlefield 4 and completely ignored the fans of Mass Effect that wants Mass Effect 4...

The EA thing is apples to oranges - not asking for exclusive targeting either but just not to be forgotten.  140$ for an exclusive cosmetic is pretty damn steep, worse than what EVE Online tried to pull with that 80$ monocle.  That is some Perfect World S#&$ (100$ "bling" camo on BLR) to founders.  They shouldn't be taking exclusives like that and lumping them with a bunch of crap that a large segment of people doesn't want. 

Also, "you already paid your dues and don't have to pay anymore" would literally be everything in the store free for us which nobody is asking for....this is a targeted program towards newer players and people with high income who want the syndana.  In a game where collecting is everything (even the ranking system is based around it!) and cosmetics are highly valued (esp given how few we have) paywalling a cosmetic for 140$ every few months is a bullcrap move. 

-snip-

I think I'd be ok with a premium sub so long as they were careful about it. 

Its ok PC players. I do understand what your saying but us ps4 players spent money too but there is no founders or prime access program for us at all. Check the psn store to see what we get for 149 and i bet you will feel alot better.

The prime access packs may come to PS4 when U11 comes out - if not and you really want one grab the game on PC (doesn't need to be a good one since you won't really play it) and pickup the pack - then spend all your plat on potatoes, cosmetics, slots, ect. since no plat with transfer over, then when the builds are in sync clone your PC account to your PS4 (you can only do this once).  Problem (sort of) solved. 

"Why does it always have to be about you! Because why would it be about someone else right. It's Me that counts the most! The first player to get in line. Everyone after me I couldn't care less! So please, do only stuff that I care about for this game or I will make sure I create every day a new whiny thread to explain how you are such jerks to me!"

I like that they added this. Might give new players an incentive to invest in this great game and play more. I think It gives them enough stuff that they can feel they won't be eternally behind everyone else. That is how you take care of your playerbase, you invest in the new blood so the game can keep running.

They aren't slapping us in the face with this. We don't even have the content ourselves yet. Of course we can farm it, but it takes time, everything they add isn't pay-to-win it's for convenience. For people that want to invest in the game but do not have the time to farm the items. If you plan on farming it, why would you care in the first place? It's childish.

1.  We're asking for the ability to be able to purchase the exclusives at a reasonable price.

2.  We're not asking for anybody else "in line" to be screwed, you're just making stuff up.

3.  Taking care of your player base isn't fire-and-forget marketing strategies that leave loyal veteran customers out to dry.

4.  The problem people have with this is the exclusive scarf at the 140$ tier (a few ppl mentioned the extractor though).

Edited by Relkin

That prime drone, the really lengthy boosters, and the exclusive gear are pretty nice, and although compared to the usual $$ to Plat to Swag ratio in Warframe, it feels a little pricey, I think it's a lot for the cash compared to other 'mega bundle offer' things in other F2P titles.

E.G. any TCG 'mega draw pack' where you pay 30, 50, 90 bucks at a chance to get what ever digital thing you wanted.

I want to show my support and give the DE money more so for exclusives but only exclusives not the clutter that increases the amount. We could, mostly to show, start a poll and see what people think of the idea as having a separate "Prime Access" for the exclusives to anyone who wants to pay and not just the founders but as I said this separate Prime Access wouldnt contain plat only exclusives making it more of who ever buys it as a gesture of good will and good luck that they are willing to pay money for digital items at a very high price just not one that absurd. This is all wishful thinking 

All the founders crying for more it's pathetic. We already had a great deal in the Founder packages. Why beg for more every time they create a new bundle of goods?

Don't get me wrong i see why they did it, it's so newer members or those that couldn't get the Founders pack to go wow you know what i'm enjoying this and this is a good way to show it and help me out, and for that reason it's a pretty good deal and i cant fault that :D, in this case awesome i would do that in a heart beat... but

I believe the general idea here is that we don't simply want more.

We want to be able to give more to DE, while still getting treated fairly.

This is how I’m looking at it too. It's not that people want more heck you look over the comments and it's mostly we can buy it and probably will but the price point for others that have already shipped a truck load of money find it too damn high is all and would like it lowered some how to gain the items maybe a pack without the plat :D. Then both sides of the problem are happy---- ish. Long time players and new starters alike :D

Edited by Huffshee

As a founder, I don't mean to sound entitled here, because spending money doesn't make me more intelligent or anything, but I've shed out nearly £160 or more on the founders pack, give or take a little for extra top up packs of platinum I bought, and I find it kinda offending that after showing loyalty like this that we don't even get offered even a penny discount off of the Prime Access...

I mean, the fact I'm almost being asked to pay for a second Grand Master pack even though I've already just done so makes me feel a little let down. As I said, I don't feel as though I'm entitled, but I thought paying into be a founder would at least be a recognised thing, supporting from the beginning and all, and now it feels as though that loyalty isn't even being rewarded.

I think we can all agree we want to see some sort of secondary bundle one that doesn't involve the plat nor the frame/weapons but just the exclusives even the affinity/credit booster. We could start a poll and attempt to bring this topic more into the eyes of the Devs and our peers so they can see what we want isn't impossible and isn't asking for much plus in the long run is more money than the current bundle could bring. $50 or $60 seems completely reasonable we are paying more but we gladly pay to show our support with the gain of those exclusives without the clutter. Wouldn't we all be willing to pay $50 or $60 pack with Ember Prime Icon, Prime Titan, and the Gorgeous Misa Syandana Prime as well as maybe the affinity/credit booster?

I think we can all agree we want to see some sort of secondary bundle one that doesn't involve the plat nor the frame/weapons but just the exclusives even the affinity/credit booster. We could start a poll and attempt to bring this topic more into the eyes of the Devs and our peers so they can see what we want isn't impossible and isn't asking for much plus in the long run is more money than the current bundle could bring. $50 or $60 seems completely reasonable we are paying more but we gladly pay to show our support with the gain of those exclusives without the clutter. Wouldn't we all be willing to pay $50 or $60 pack with Ember Prime Icon, Prime Titan, and the Gorgeous Misa Syandana Prime as well as maybe the affinity/credit booster?

I agree. A new topic for this would be a great idea.

I mean, I can live without the exclusive stuff...like I posted in another thread about this same thing more or less ("Did Grandmasters get the shorter end of the stick") Ember prime, glaive prime and sicarus prime can all be found in the void with some grinding. The titan prime is basically the same thing as two normal titans being sent to the same planet (although this won't be correct all the time, since planets drop more than one material there is no guarantee that two normal titans will pick up the same resource if sent to the same planet at the same time) and well, the 90 day affinity and credit booster I just don't want that rly....

but from what I've read in this thread, I agree that founders should be allowed to pay real money for the exclusive stuff only... its not that you'd want it free, but it cheapens the value of our investment in the game when we'd have to pay even more money to get exclusive stuff along with stuff that you can forge in game, which I do, and more plat, which I don't need since I forge most of my stuff and only spend platinum on slots and cosmetics (immortal skin bundle is soooo awesome.)

i'm calm about this problem though, and i'm not hating on DE for this Prime Access thing. Because everyone agrees that this is initially aimed at new players which is actually a pretty decent move by DE. But I hope they listen to our concerns over this as  founders and provide some feedback soon.

@ AllanIncubi I don't really need the avatars, but i'd still pay that amount of money for what you said. :D should we message one of the devs with this proposal? or just wait for them to see the topic?

EDIT: but again, it has to be limited to founders, cuz the prime access is for new players rly. having this secondary bundle available to everyone would undercut the prime access sales.

Edited by kalikilic

So, the founders program ends, and is then soon replaced with another program with somewhat similar tiers, offering exclusive items on the highest tiers. How do I feel about this?

The mid tier has one exclusive usable item, and one icon vanity item.

The highest tier has the same as the previous and exclusive boosters, and one exclusive vanity item.

-I don't care about boosters, so fine. The fact that they're there for say a new user coming into the game, go nuts

-The mid tier item having an improved item to collect resources. I'm kinda 50/50 on this. That is something I wouldn't mind having, but not going to pay the second tier for. Maybe I would have considered the first tier, but would likely say no to that as well.

-The highest tier having the most exclusive vanity item. Since the item is only for show, I cannot complain but wow, that is a really nice looking item!

We now know a further thing on how Warframe works, if you want to have all the exclusive items, you're going to have to be a whale and pay a good chuck of money every so often. Personally, I wouldn't mind if they had something for previous founders to get said items at some sort of a discount. This way, once you're a whale, you can keep up with the whale merch at a lower price and probably have a lot more people buying said items. I don't believe they have anything like this in mind to keep in a high pay scale thing.

I'm willing to bet the ones that have put a lot of money into Warframe would want these exclusive items, but I believe the percentage of people that would want to do a big pay to get these items is likely small. Should a discount be offered for people who are in the founders (or now a prime) member get some sort of future discount? There is no reason why DE should but I would ask for a small compromise. When the next Prime package comes out (and you know it will) and all of these prime exclusive items are retired, only then should the one previous prime package be offered as some sort of discount for previous founder/prime program owners. This way, must like so many other things in Warframe, you are paying money the extra money if you don't want to wait. If you want to wait, you can get it for a discount (much like many other things in Warframe). But this discounted prime exclusive items would be a time limited thing. When the next, next prime package comes out, the previous prime's package would be available for a discount, and the discount prime package exclusive for founders/prime members is retired for good (and then likely used only as giveaways and contests).

At least that is my two cents. Take it for what you will. I really like that misa syandana prime though, eventhough it is only a visual item. I would probably want that more than the titan extractor prime, which is something that is actually useful. I must be just a bit crazy.

Edited by CatPhoenix

Is the prime access a bundle or is it a subrsciption? what I wnat to know is if one gets a "prime access" when it will go in rotation with the new stuff does that already have prime access get the new rotation stuff or is it a one time bundle that will have to be rebought at every new rotation?

Edited by matumbo