Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Echoes of Veilbreaker: Hotfix 32.1.1

[DE]Megan

Profit taker is still sinking under the map when the limbs need to be broken making it impossible to finish the fight on 60% of attempts please look into this as it doesnt require any setup and just happens all the time especially on the spawn point on the road 

15 minutes ago, Halo said:

Happy the Kompressa's known issues are being dealt with at least, but still not its punch through problems.

Can you describe exactly what you think should happen?  The Kompressa's projectiles stick to whatever they hit, we call this Embedding, and at least at first glance it seems like this mutually exclusive of going through targets: Either it sticks and explodes, or penetrates, not both?

4 minutes ago, [DE]Momaw said:

Can you describe exactly what you think should happen?  The Kompressa's projectiles stick to whatever they hit, we call this Embedding, and at least at first glance it seems like this mutually exclusive of going through targets: Either it sticks and explodes, or penetrates, not both?

Shouldn't the projectiles, when given a "Punch Through" mod, be going through enemies? I understand that the bubbles should be sticking to enemies as well.

However, why allow there to be a stat change in the arsenal, adding punch through, for the weapon when it cannot punch through enemies? 

Unless I'm mistaken and it should only be used for going through the environment. 

That or my prior knowledge of the Kompressa is that it should not be functioning like a Chakkhurr or an Ogris that has PT mods on and have the rocket or projectile go through enemies as a whole. 

3 minutes ago, [DE]Momaw said:

Can you talk about the change to how radial damage-carrying projectiles interact with punch through?  For as long as I've been playing, it was "explodes with the last contact".  For a couple of months (at least) it's been "explodes with first contact" on virtually all the weapons I've tried.  AFAIK, this was undocumented. 

Mostly this is a positive change, but I'd like to know if it's intended or not. 

9 minutes ago, Corvid said:

It seems that giving Operators an attachment menu that only allows changes to energy colours has caused this glitch to resurface (screenshot taken on current patch).

Warframe0129.jpg

Working on a fix for this + Conquera Syandana using the wrong color slot.

37 minutes ago, Halo said:

Shouldn't the projectiles, when given a "Punch Through" mod, be going through enemies? I understand that the bubbles should be sticking to enemies as well.

However, why allow there to be a stat change in the arsenal, adding punch through, for the weapon when it cannot punch through enemies? 

Unless I'm mistaken and it should only be used for going through the environment. 

That or my prior knowledge of the Kompressa is that it should not be functioning like a Chakkhurr or an Ogris that has PT mods on and have the rocket or projectile go through enemies as a whole. 

Since (probably) Veilbreaker, almost all projectiles with a radial damage component stop dead and explode on first contact, even with PT equipped.  This is probably more good than bad if intended, but it would be nice if PT mods weren't eligible to be slotted on these weapons.  Failing that, at least lock the PT stat at zero in the Arsenal to make it clear.

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

This is not fixed, I just tested it, still happens. The cause is from the deployment of a specter, as the issue will not begin until a specter enters the game, then the bug begins. You can't even distance your self from the specter by making them 'Hold Position', as that involves clicking X, as all environmental interactions are locked while this bug persists, ie; picking up a Datamass, Ayatan Sculpture, Ayatan Stars, Void Plumes et etc...

I can 100% reproduce this bug by simply deploying a specter into a mission which up to that point the mission is normal and bug free, as demonstrated in this short video, please watch [ requires sound ] >

https://i.imgur.com/V0XLEB0.mp4

Also I've no companion/sentinel with me in this, so no form of vacuum or fetch, for testing purposes.

Please review this issue again, thanks.

7 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Since (probably) Veilbreaker, almost all projectiles with a radial damage component stop dead and explode on first contact, even with PT equipped.  This is probably more good than bad if intended, but it would be nice if PT mods weren't eligible to be slotted on these weapons.  Failing that, at least lock the PT stat at zero in the Arsenal to make it clear.

Honestly, this a major setback in terms of usability for the majority of weapons. 

I now resent using a lot of weps that I would normally have fun with, and just resorted to using bullet weps that now just flat out work better for mowing down enemies. In a sense, they really did make sure that people step away from AoE and use other weapons. 

I agree, completely prevent players from putting on the mod if it is going to be useless. Or at least show that the stat does not increase at all in the arsenal. 

At least give us a statement that PT mods will never work again with weps that are considered 'AoE' based as well. 

Ruins weapons like Panthera Prime, Scourge Prime, and many more of their likeness. 

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Known issues:

• Adding Multishot to the Kompressa makes some of the bubbles explode immediately after firing.

Sepulcrum not accumulating charges from DoT kills was on the known issues list yesterday.  Is it still "known"? :P  It's definitely not fixed.  

Same issue affects Battacor, Trumna, and the Carnis set special.

14 minutes ago, Halo said:

Ruins weapons like Panthera Prime

You probably aren't talking about the alt-fire, but they actually did fix that so PT mods work on it. 

Of course it's pretty sad it doesn't have innate PT in that mode.

If you're talking about the regular fire though, I have to ask:  how do you even stand that weapon? :P  The way multishot behaves with it drives me nuts.  I still think about how Shy put it (at about 0:42)

20 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

it would be nice if PT mods weren't eligible to be slotted on these weapons

Many mods can be equiped on weapon, even if they do nothing, and I like that you are allowed to do it.

The mechanics of a weapon should definitely be reflected in stats though.
If the weapon is incapable of punch through, the stat should NOT be displayed.

1 minute ago, Tiltskillet said:

You probably aren't talking about the alt-fire, but they actually did fix that so PT mods work on it. 

Of course it's pretty sad it doesn't have innate PT in that mode.

Secondary fire, sure yes it works well, but I'm talking about the primary fire. I actually like the primary fire, and now its just bad. 

Does it still function like that from a great distance? Also yes lmao, Im just close enough to enemies to never notice, but that issue should be fixed as well unless its supposed to have fall-off. 

It used to function like "Old AoE" and have the saw blades go through the initial first enemy then explode an enemy or two later based on PT stats. 

It just doesnt PT at all now, thus ruining how it used to function, like everything else. 

If they intended PT to never work again, simply make sure that the stat does not show up in the mod config, under any circumstances. 

11 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Why? 

“Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.”

Knowledge is knowing Fulmination improves blast radius. Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a Lex.

-> If you don't allow players to make big mistakes in modding, there is nothing to learn.

Archived