The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Knell prime vs Laetum

_Anise_

Knell prime and Laetum felt really similar to me in they both pistols that need headshots then they go into overdrive and melt enemies!

Knell sometimes feels like a chainsaw that won't start right away with its, pop.. pop... pop... burrrrr!! really feel like I need either a CC frame to hold enemies still, a tank frame to ignore them while reloading, an invisible frame so you can just walk up and headshot them or run the scourge prime which feels more jank/worse since the throwing it got changed to no longer auto/instantly switch to secondary.

also found Knell near impossible to use in coop where others are spamming aoe or even just killing stuff before I could land a headshot or making me unable to find stuff to kill to refresh the buff, but I also like it because when it does start it is insane !! feels bad 1 bullet and a slow reload when it misses.

Laetum the only downside I am seeing it really just needs time to ramp up where the knell goes from 1 to 100 in a split second

really curious if anyone has random thoughts on this ? also which is the stronger gun purely based on dps ?

If you're having troubles with headshots, you might want to try out Energized Munitions, it'll give you four chances to make a headshot. Also load on the multishot, because each instance of multishot contributes to the Knell's combo counter

I like both, but still prefer the Knell for the challenge and for never having to stop firing once buffed

Personally, I prefer the Dual Toxocyst over the Knell. Just wish DE would unnerf it's perk... Sure, the Frenzy buff is refreshable while active but 3 seconds can be too low sometimes. At least up it to 4. Headshot boxes are so wonky on enemies sometimes, primarily Grineer when I have the head dead to rights but hit the shoulder. 

I like both, personally I have way more time on the Knell Prime and if you run it with Harrow you get an extra bullet so it's a bit more forgiving if you're not getting headshots. sometimes you have to think more about which enemies to engage (Eximus units are great because they can tank multiple face shots) and when, but it's pretty rewarding.

Laetum is just... monstrous though.. I'm not sure which of the Weapon devs decided it should have both AoE and punchthrough as well as a pretty high RoF, but they are a certified lunatic. Laetum is hands down in the top 5 of all secondaries, maybe a number one contender, and it can even outclass a lot of primary weapons. I still see it being used on Zariman to this day.

6 hours ago, Pakaku said:

Also load on the multishot, because each instance of multishot contributes to the Knell's combo counter

As do gas and and electric procs that headshot.   Either one on a Knell with a grouping ability is madness.

2 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

I'm not sure which of the Weapon devs decided it should have both AoE and punchthrough

I don't have it yet.  Does it still punch through in Incarnon mode?

16 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

As do gas and and electric procs that headshot.   Either one on a Knell with a grouping ability is madness.

I don't have it yet.  Does it still punch through in Incarnon mode?

sadly not, but you don't need a full gauge to trigger Incarnon mode, so as long as you get a headshot every now and then, you can freely switch between the modes (though personally I find an explosive SMG is pretty much all you need for anything that isn't long range precision shots.)

it's absolutely worth getting though; arguably the best of the Incarnon weapons, once modded it can handle anything: forma it and apply galvanized mods, arcanes etc and it's GG; nothing withstands a maxed out Laetum.

7 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

sadly not, but you don't need a full gauge to trigger Incarnon mode, so as long as you get a headshot every now and then, you can freely switch between the modes (though personally I find an explosive SMG is pretty much all you need for anything that isn't long range precision shots.)

it's absolutely worth getting though; arguably the best of the Incarnon weapons, once modded it can handle anything: forma it and apply galvanized mods, arcanes etc and it's GG; nothing withstands a maxed out Laetum.

Yeah, I want all those weapons, but Zariman just doesn't interest me.   I should just run a few missions a week and deal with it that way.

47 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Yeah, I want all those weapons, but Zariman just doesn't interest me.   I should just run a few missions a week and deal with it that way.

I waited on the Zariman content for several months cause yeah, it wasn't very interesting to me either.  But I've since run through it all and it really is a fairly nice setup from a syndicate ranking and buying the offerings stand point.  The lanthorn resource is probably the worst part if it although exterminate missions + xaku + resource booster make it reasonable.

Of the new mission types I like cascade quite a bit and flood is pretty good if you are or squaded with a Titania.  Armageddon is the only one I avoid.  But if you don't like any of the new ones you have the old stand byes in exterminate and mobile defense.  Like you said it takes 2-3 of the higher bounties to cap out each day (less than 30 minutes) so chipping away at it is easy.

12 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Haha, a use for the extractors, wow.  I'll do that.

I've been doing it for a few months now using my Distilling Prime ones and gotten about 40 Lanthorns doing it, I have over 500 of them after building everything, so it's more of a test to see if it's even a thing, sort of like the rewards of Orokin Cells from certain the Planets.

15 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

You do need a full gauge to trigger Incarnon Mode. Incarnon Mode gauge being filled up isn't based on the number of shots you deal, but how much damage you deal. This is why it can feel like you do not need a "full gauge" to trigger it because sometimes your damage can be a two take to fill, other times it can take five shots to fill. 

7 minutes ago, (PSN)FunyFlyBoy said:

filled up isn't based on the number of shots you deal, but how much damage you deal

I did not realize this, I was going to try build for electric or soething to chain headshots but I guess its build so that isn't possible!

21 hours ago, (PSN)FunyFlyBoy said:

Personally, I prefer the Dual Toxocyst over the Knell. Just wish DE would unnerf it's perk... Sure, the Frenzy buff is refreshable while active but 3 seconds can be too low sometimes. At least up it to 4. Headshot boxes are so wonky on enemies sometimes, primarily Grineer when I have the head dead to rights but hit the shoulder. 

I'd say Dual Toxocyst don't need a buff, the second you get headshot kill you just move your crosshair remotely at head level and in 9/10 cases you will have buff until you ran out of enemies. Beside that, 12 ammo in magazine is pretty forgiving. Though headshots are incredibly wonky on Liches and Archons, where this weapons shines with it unlimited ammo and fast firerate

43 minutes ago, gioMisterio said:

I'd say Dual Toxocyst don't need a buff, the second you get headshot kill you just move your crosshair remotely at head level and in 9/10 cases you will have buff until you ran out of enemies. Beside that, 12 ammo in magazine is pretty forgiving. Though headshots are incredibly wonky on Liches and Archons, where this weapons shines with it unlimited ammo and fast firerate

The old 6 seconds timer with no reset felt more comfortable to use than the 4 second timer with reset. 

Archived