Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Staged reloads

Sojufueled

It's the new hotness in shooter games and it seems to be a good fit gameplay-wise with warframe. If it's not something you sre familiar with, it is essentially reloading guns in stages so that interrupting the reload doesn't start at square 1. At present, reloading can be really lengthy inwarframe and casting an ability or making a melee quick attack can start you over. It starts to look a little silly repeating s nesrly completed loading animation. Implementing staged reloading universally, I know, would be a lot of work on hell of a lot of guns, but perhaps it could be implemented on guns where the reload animation already seems staged to a degree.

i might need a bit further explanation on staged reloading, if i get this correctly it works as follows:

the reload animation is broken up into different smaller actions that each have quick animations, once the action is complete it does not have to be replayed.

EG on a normal gun, you'd have:

>take out the magazine
>put in a new magazine
>charge the weapon via the charging handle, bolt or slide. 

so you can get past the "put in a new magazine" phase, interupt the reload animation with a melee, and then when you continue it it'll just do the charging animation?

• 4 weeks later...
On 2022-11-05 at 4:06 AM, SDGDen said:

i might need a bit further explanation on staged reloading, if i get this correctly it works as follows:

the reload animation is broken up into different smaller actions that each have quick animations, once the action is complete it does not have to be replayed.

EG on a normal gun, you'd have:

>take out the magazine
>put in a new magazine
>charge the weapon via the charging handle, bolt or slide. 

so you can get past the "put in a new magazine" phase, interupt the reload animation with a melee, and then when you continue it it'll just do the charging animation?

Yes, that's pretty much it.

Archived