Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Echoes of Veilbreaker: Hotfix 32.1.2

[DE]Megan

Current Ven'kra + Updated Prison Break Experience: 

Positives
- All challenges are doable within one run (except the elephant in the room)
- 4+ Grineer can spawn for the "Break Narmer" Challenge
- Ven'kra COUNTS toward the "Break Narmer" challenge
- Ven'kra fight is pretty fun + keep the sniper after the fight, but lose it after acquiring the Grattler (this is expected and worked fine)
- Spoilery Hint: check those breakable rooms throughout the first and second areas using Brothers (before and after getting off the Grattler portion)
- The Sentient Ships can die
- Easily acquired over 10 kills on the ships, lead the Grattler shots if needed
- Pretty easy not to die unless you get caught by the wall bombs

Negatives
- Ven'kra fight does not count toward the challenge, ergo, another free 15 stock we will be receiving in the mail 

Overall View: 
- Very solid with the fixings of this mission overall, just wish that the new fight would give us the stock. 

If you are a player who somehow got stuck in the Ven'kra fight, re-do the mission and do not go ahead of the fight...
The second you stumble upon it with brothers, start it and complete it, you should not get stuck

For anyone complaining about the previous mission last week, remember this: 
The Spragg fight was NOT an optional objective, therefore it was NOT going to give any stock upon completion what-so-ever. 

Should this have been stated before / on release? Yes. 

14 hours ago, master_of_destiny said:

So...what?

I get criticism...but in every single mission there are a ton of enemies with veils.  To illustrate, I could break about 7 when I ran the mission today.  Let me offer you some assistance.  There's generally 2-3 in the pit areas, and if not more.  I've seen a minimum of 2 and at most 4 in the two pits.  These would be the areas you have to jump up, and then jump down into.  You need to enter one of the pits to get two crates moved to scan and progress down the main corridor towards the quad symbol matching puzzle of phase 2.

Likewise there's at least 1 person veiled at the start of the area for the quad match-up puzzle, if instead of going left you take the elevator to the right up at the beginning of the area.  Heck, there should be 1-2 in the quad match puzzle area simply looking at walls.

None of this includes the one or two you can get while searching for the k-drive parts...

-Edit:

I ran the mission again.  7 total veils broken.  Managed all 6 challenges.  21 minutes and 24 seconds...largely because I hate the Deacons basically infinitely spawning and causing cheap deaths.  Nothing like 4 of them running at you at once...and basically having no way to deal with them because the torch takes so long to initiate.  

Edit End-

I think maybe you just don't know that the solaris personnel are also veiled?  It seems like that's the part you're missing.

There's plenty to hate about this low effort trash, but not having enough of the veiled is not one of them.

My larger question is why fight the bosses?  I went through the Venka sniper fight...and was rewarded with nothing.  Fighting her seems to only be an annoying stretch to how long these things last...because after nearly a decade of a joke boss fight DE is cool with selling us a cosmetic skin, when it seems more appropriate that Kahl would just bring us back the sniper after the mission considering that apparently removing her veil doesn't even put her into your retinue for completing the mission.

Em, I am talking about this particular mission. There is only one veiled enemy and that is one of the bosses. I'm not talking about other missions. I would suggest removing that task from missions where it is not possible to get the required number. Simple.

P.S. Just realised missions are rotating now everytime you complete the previous one and it is not the same mission to all of us. Oh well :D

Annoying mission: Ven'kra Tel:

Sister said to remove vail from Ven'kra, but mission didn't progress. When I noticed, I walked back to kill her, but she dissapearead.

It is really annoying to redo a 35 min mission for a single target that it is not well explained...

Another boring update with annoying tutorial/hints that don't give proper help.

On 2022-11-04 at 4:05 PM, Gollum904 said:

doubt that will ever happen as they require you to click a button to pick em up

"You can tell it's an ayatan star by the way that it is." type argument.

It's like saying objective navigation waypoints can't be fixed because they're currently buggy...

@[DE]Megan, can we get a fix for the "Defeat Ven'kra Tel issue that many are having? We can fight her, beat her, and unveil her but everyone I've spoken to isn't getting it as completed with Kahl at the end nor showing it completed when you defeat her? Much like the shooting down of the fighter ships, even if we can do it, we don't get the credit for completing it and in turn don't get the stock for it. 

6 hours ago, muziqaz said:

Em, I am talking about this particular mission. There is only one veiled enemy and that is one of the bosses. I'm not talking about other missions. I would suggest removing that task from missions where it is not possible to get the required number. Simple.

P.S. Just realised missions are rotating now everytime you complete the previous one and it is not the same mission to all of us. Oh well :D

Simple, I agree, got my buddies together for a group selfie to show there are more than one to Unveil in this latest mission.

Warframe_Group_2022.11.07_-_16.30.33.39.

1 hour ago, TeeMeunTsundere said:

disable the drifter weapon and the weapon is still there

As of now, as a workaround you can equip a Scanner/Synthesis Scanner to remove the weapon. It is not ideal, but at least it works....... unlike the feature that was supposed to do the exact same thing. It is probably gonna get fixed in the next "big" update, which can arrive anywhere between 24 days from now and up to 47/52 days from now.....

The QC and QA has been basically non existent for almost a year, which is very disappointing, given actual code fixes can now be deployed Only on Cert updates, which do not arrive very often. Torture by negligence at its finest.

19 minutes ago, Do_High_Go said:

As of now, as a workaround you can equip a Scanner/Synthesis Scanner to remove the weapon. It is not ideal, but at least it works....... unlike the feature that was supposed to do the exact same thing. It is probably gonna get fixed in the next "big" update, which can arrive anywhere between 24 days from now and up to 47/52 days from now.....

The QC and QA has been basically non existent for almost a year, which is very disappointing, given actual code fixes can now be deployed Only on Cert updates, which do not arrive very often. Torture by negligence at its finest.

Equip scanner doesn't work, the drifter weapon is still in his hand

On 2022-11-07 at 1:24 PM, muziqaz said:

So...my comment stands.  No matter the mission there are tons of veils to be removed.

1) Sneaky Sabatoge - The army of solaris united just milling about

2) Prison Break - All of the standard/arid grineer enemies are veiled.  They attack you, but are capable of being hit with the 3 and de-veiled.

3) Junk Run - All of the forest grineer again.  There are way more than 5...and they even help wipe the sentient reinforcements.

If you don't "have enough" then you're either missing the obvious solution of having them join you rather than shooting them dead...or you are so bugged as to be funny.  Either way there's a reason that every single ending screen lists the number of veils broken...almost like they might spawn only 1 floof, but make sure you can have a retinue that is more than the UI can name...

25 minutes ago, master_of_destiny said:

So...my comment stands.  No matter the mission there are tons of veils to be removed.

1) Sneaky Sabatoge - The army of solaris united just milling about

2) Prison Break - All of the standard/arid grineer enemies are veiled.  They attack you, but are capable of being hit with the 3 and de-veiled.

3) Junk Run - All of the forest grineer again.  There are way more than 5...and they even help wipe the sentient reinforcements.

If you don't "have enough" then you're either missing the obvious solution of having them join you rather than shooting them dead...or you are so bugged as to be funny.  Either way there's a reason that every single ending screen lists the number of veils broken...almost like they might spawn only 1 floof, but make sure you can have a retinue that is more than the UI can name...

Yep heaps to be unveiled, unless they are bugged like you mentioned. 

Group Selfie, Sorry couldn't resist. :tongue: Also the Corpus always stands on their heads. 

Warframe_Group_2022.11.07_-_16.30.33.39.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2022-11-05 at 7:25 AM, [DE]Megan said:

PC/Xbox Cross Platform Play Fixes: 

• Changed the way that respective platform icons appear for players in order to continue to comply with player identification requirements across platforms. The following are the new icon changes:

Comply with WHAT exactly?

Archived