Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Glued To Camera

Feauce

This is the default behavior, and I think it's asinine without some system for target locking. But before, there was a setting to fix this. Now, it's not only the default behavior, but it's the only behavior. I don't know what the "Melee Assist" option is supposed to do, but it doesn't change anything noticeable during gameplay.

I understand trying to make things better, more streamlined. What I don't understand is why you would remove a control option like that in the first place.

If you're talking about where your character would only melee in the direction you were facing, then yes I used this feature. I didn't like the way it felt when using the option to where you could melee in any direction. And I haven't looked, but if there is NO option to change this, then this is already an error.

Before, I could melee in the direction my character was facing. Now, I can only melee in the exact direction the camera is facing. It probably wouldn't bother me so much, except I normally use Fangs, so I rely on being able to pin down an opponent with lots of back-to-back melee strikes. I can't do that when I keep lunging past them because they never added a lock-on feature. (See Phantasy Star Universe for an example of what I'm talking about for lock-on combat.)

A better way to handle this update would've been to add the assist option without removing the old camera-lock option. If they can't work together, that's fine. Put it in the update notes, or give it a mouseover tip that says so. But arbitrarily removing features is only going to drive existing players away.

we need a lock on option for melee. melee isnt usable in the least because you just run past the person if you use normal attacks. charge attacks are the only way to go at the moment

Exactly. I'd say we need lock-on combat in general as an option. But in either case, the current state works alright if you're using Galatine or something similar. But with any kind of fast melee, it doesn't work.

I do agree. I absolutely love using Kogake/Obex, but only when I can actually hit something...which is rare. A lock on would be absolutely wonderful (God, think of how even more awesome Valkyr's ulti would be if you can lock on to the nearest enemy?) but I'd settle for that control option being added back for now.

I'd just gotten Berserker (mod), just bought Obex, and just finished crafting Volt.

I was ready to laugh at anything with my absolutely unnecessary attack speed. And then they removed this option...and it was me who was being laughed at.

As I melee'd warp speed and couldn't even control it properly with my camera, and the melee assist doing...like, nothing.

Okay. Why hasn't this been on the list of "Known Issues"? Also, "more flexibility" isn't telling us a whole lot. Why can't you just, I dunno, add the old option back in until the new assist option starts doing its job. Or really, starts doing anything.

This is good to know. I know we've been running you guys ragged during this update, but trust me - we're very happy you're here and appreciate it.

This is good to know. I know we've been running you guys ragged during this update, but trust me - we're very happy you're here and appreciate it.

Absolutely. Trust me, if I didn't care about what state this game was in, I wouldn't be so vocal about stuff being fixed.

I get that. But what's so infuriating is what the new assist does... Absolutely nothing! Melee behavior during gameplay is identical with the option on or off. So I say, until they have it actually do something, give us back what worked.

I get that. But what's so infuriating is what the new assist does... Absolutely nothing! Melee behavior during gameplay is identical with the option on or off. So I say, until they have it actually do something, give us back what worked.

I can understand that. Eh we'll just have to see what happens.

It's been almost three full days since this topic started. Where's the response from DE? That pitiful promise of "more flexibility" has been all so far. And what have we seen from that promise? Nothing. After 5 hotfixes post-U11, not a damn thing has changed with this issue.

I'm not the only one having this problem. I want DE to understand very clearly, that for people like us, your game is in an unplayable state. This doesn't even count the other issues people are having, and continue to have after you claim to have fixed them -- enemies caught in environment, post-game black-screen, just to name two.

Fix your game, or you're going to have people leaving it.

I think for now the best thing we can do is just wait and see what this "flexibility" deal is. It might be what you're asking for, but since it may not be official yet, Rebecca is just unable to tell us what it is.

If it's not the old option it's not good enough.

The code ALREADY EXISTED. There was NO reason to remove it.

None.

it's the weekend.

there are plenty of bugs around with the new patch which are being identified and fixed.

Honestly, raging and getting angry and making threats isn't really a great way to get your bug attention. it just turns people off.

I have actually been doing much better now that I can use the cross hair to target for melee attacks. Honestly I thought that's what the melee assist option did after I tried it and liked it and never bothered to turn it off. It is lame that you can't disable it if you do not like it, but once I realized that's how it now works I was most pleased.

And this target lock that you speak of, if it is like the aim assist that the console kids have, no thank you. Snapping between targets requires no skill, aiming does. Pressing a button to cycle between targets is not for me. If people don't want to even have to aim then fine, but please make it an option. If a game lists that as a feature, I know that game is not for me.

Just my opinion, I saw this thread and just didn't want DE to remove my new favorite melee feature. It seems to me that it was supposed to be an option, but as you say the option does nothing so hopefully it will be addressed in an upcoming hotfix.