Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe's Next Update: Lua's Prey

[DE]Danielle

Howzit, Glinty! 

It is time again for us to go dark on Hotfixes/Updates as we prepare for the next Warframe Update: Lua’s Prey

With the exception of Nintendo Switch, which has already been on a Hotfix hiatus since Tuesday. Switch will be Hotfixing next week to catch up with the rest of the platforms, and then they too will enter Hotfix/Update dormancy in prep for Lua’s Prey. 

During this time, the team will continue to monitor the public build for fixes/changes to include in Lua’s Prey. 

That said! We are planning and looking forward to connecting with you all in a November Devstream to get you all caught up on Lua’s Prey and more - stay tuned for the official date announcement! In the meantime, here are some of the things coming with Lua’s Prey: 

• The 51st Wolf-Inspired Warframe: VORUNA 
    • Signature Axe Melee and Sniper Rifle 
    • Voidshell Skin 
    • Alt Helmet 
    • Ephemera 
    • Leverian Installation (lore for Voruna!)
  • 2 new Conjunction Survival Nodes on Lua! 
  • Nightwave: Nora’s Mix Vol. 3 
  • Xaku Deluxe and Lotus Skin
  • Grendel Rework 
  • Yareli Changes
  • Grendel, Mag, and Frost Voidshell Skins
  • And more!

707a73c46719f2b6ca9d23e6550d8488.png

Also worth noting is that Lua’s Prey will be a Mainline Update, meaning that everything the team has been working on since the launch of Veilbreaker will be coming in this update (with the obvious exception of content that is not ready to be released), including all Code changes & fixes. It is very likely, as it is with all Mainline updates, that things can slip through the cracks. We will have a dedicated subforum for bug reporting when Lua’s Prey launches, and will be keeping an eye out for those for follow-up Hotfixing. 

Thank you!

Hope that the Punch Through stuff will be touched upon / looked into / addressed with AoE-esce weps, 

However, that doesn't take away from the update as a whole, 

Cannot wait!! 

Thank you so much to everyone at DE!!

3 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

Maybe the update is to focused on skins, but hey, i'll take it, new gamemodes seem great.

Well tbf it also has a new warframe, 2 new weapons, 2 reworks (smaller changes) and also they told us that its because the actual update was delayed, so they are giving us this just to fill the void (so to speak)

5 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

I've had a look at the Nora’s Mix Vol. 3 and it states that it's  "set to launch on November 30th!" given the track record of releases (no offense of course!) I assume this is still subject to change?, or is the Lua Pray update not related it?. 

Pretty sure it's unrelated. 

5 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

I've had a look at the Nora’s Mix Vol. 3 and it states that it's  "set to launch on November 30th!" given the track record of releases (no offense of course!) I assume this is still subject to change?, or is the Lua Pray update not related it?. 

Maybe they just spilled the beans accidentally 👀

9 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

Maybe the update is to focused on skins, but hey, i'll take it, new gamemodes seem great.

It's meant to be a smaller-scaled mainline update, not a 'Mainline Mainline Update', if you'd like to refer it to such. 

It is adding a frame, new game modes, and a lot of changes + fixes.

Mainline updates seem to be saved for large quests as well as larger scaled updates. 

It's better to get something like this now instead of waiting until 2023 for the suspected release window of Duviri as a whole. 

If they didn't push Lua's Prey out now, everyone would be complaining for a content drought for the new frame, new open world, new modes, and all the other fixes / changes that are expected to come anyway. 

Better to have something for now as opposed to waiting too long. 

3 minutes ago, XHADgaming said:

No mentioned changes at all to archon hunts or Break Narmer missions or damage attenuation or ammo changes?

Are there planned changes for those coming in Lua's Prey or was the dedicated sub-forum made specifically for providing feedback related to these areas for nothing?

Spoken about during the Dev Stream, 

Looking into how to possibly make them harder for all, but nothing is set in stone as they are still testing things on the back end.

We have tons of Ephemeras, but only the Vengeful series from Liches are available to equip on our sentinels and companions. Could you unlock some more, please?

edit: except the wings, they can stay locked forever :tongue:

Spoiler

edit 2: also let us see each others Drifters in Profiles, would be great

Just now, Halo said:

Spoken about during the Dev Stream, 

Looking into how to possibly make them harder for all, but nothing is set in stone as they are still testing things on the back end.

Yeah but it was a simple mention of "oh yeah we know" nothing more. I would really love to have more solid details related to the changes, even if there are none. 

3 minutes ago, Halo said:

It's meant to be a smaller-scaled update, not a 'Mainline Update', if you'd like to refer it to such. 

It is adding a frame, new game modes, and a lot of changes + fixes.

Mainline updates seem to be saved for large quests as well as larger scaled updates. 

It's better to get something like this now instead of waiting until 2023 for the suspected release window of Duviri as a whole. 

If they didn't push Lua's Prey out now, everyone would be complaining for a content drought for the new frame, new open world, new modes, and all the other fixes / changes that are expected to come anyway. 

Better to have something for now as opposed to waiting too long. 

They specifically say it's a mainline update.

It's right there in the post...

Just now, XHADgaming said:

Yeah but it was a simple mention of "oh yeah we know" nothing more. I would really love to have more solid details related to the changes, even if there are none. 

They said when something of note and in the works seems right and more 'balanced', so to speak, then they'd give us more information about it. 

Its like when they teased self-damage during Dev-Stream 164, had nothing to show for it, then during 165, they had information and a demonstration for it. 

So hopefully, something eventually. 

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)Jare Bear 666 said:

Can yareli get a skin like ever the last 2 new frames launched with skins and stynax has also gotten an additional helmet 

Yareli is one of my favorite frames, both visually and gameplay.  It makes me sad that both the community and DE show her so little love.  I hope these changes will bring at least some renewed interest in her.

Archived