Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe's Next Update: Lua's Prey

[DE]Danielle

I guess i do have an idea though for bugs though. 

I think Warframe could go a long way by releasing new content that would be locked off at first, and have players met with a pop up screen when they try to access it, saying "this is a beta test, content here may have very big bugs that you may run into as the update is not finish. If you wish, you may play it anyway, or wait 2 weeks to a month while we iron out all of the bugs. If you do choose to play and run into any bugs, please report them here... " 

That way people are less confused and fussy about all the new content having so many bugs. The issue is they think it shouldnt be, so this will change that. There should be, there usually is, so heres a message to tell you that and let you know that we know the update isnt done yet.

On top of that, some ingame rewards for those who choose to partake in the new content could be given, and it will soothe tension further, and even encourage players to try the update anyway and maybe even enjoy some of the bugs. Once all the bugs are fixed, players will be compensated based on how big and how many bugs there were, and by how much progression they made through missions. Kuva, tau forged archon shard blueprints, some free decorations, a new skin that people who didnt help would have to purchase.

Example:

Mission A: Parkour to extraction

- theres a crash bug 50% through the mission, that you didnt experience but you did pass 50% of the mission (+50% participation rewards)

- theres 10 smaller bugs that slow down your movement speeds that you didnt run into either (+5% participation reward per small bug in the mission that you ran pass)

- you finish 100% of the mission. (X2 your total rewards)

Now DE goes dark for a few weeks fixing bugs. Once done, the possible rewards get listed (1,000,000 kuva) base gets listed (250,000 kuva)

You get 1mill. 

27 minutes ago, shut said:

we-dont-do-that-here-black-panther.gif

OT: Is self-damage going to be reimplemented in this update? I'm very cautiously optimistic to see how it'll turn out!

Theyre unsure, theyre thinking about it but its undecided on as of right now

I hope its reintroduced as a mod(s) though.

Safety On: immunity to self damage

Safety Off: No immunity to self damage, +50% blast radius, +50% total damage after mods, no fall off damage. (Use with caution tenno)

16 minutes ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

I think Warframe could go a long way by releasing new content that would be locked off at first, and have players met with a pop up screen when they try to access it, saying "this is a beta test, content here may have very big bugs that you may run into as the update is not finish. If you wish, you may play it anyway, or wait 2 weeks to a month while we iron out all of the bugs. If you do choose to play and run into any bugs, please report them here... " 

My biggest issues with this proposal is the following:

• They have a test cluster that they have used in the past. It's not been deployed in time for the feedback to matter that much, but it exists.
  • The average player is not aware of bug report etiquette and the bug they report might not be something that can be repeated by an in-house tester. 
  • The bug might damage a players hardware. This has already been an issue with releases such as Railjack.
  • The amount of player satisfaction that comes out of this will be less than the outcry. Imagine all the fury of the feedback forums being amplified because a larger proportion of players are taking on the testing role, submitting incomplete bug reports and then not seeing anything coming out of their feedback.

Of course, this is a hypothetical and I know you don't need to hear it. I figure it solidifies your case for the people you're arguing against.

2 hours ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

I guess i do have an idea though for bugs though. 

That way people are less confused and fussy about all the new content having so many bugs. The issue is they think it shouldnt be, so this will change that. There should be, there usually is, so heres a message to tell you that and let you know that we know the update isnt done yet.

On top of that, some ingame rewards for those who choose to partake in the new content could be given, and it will soothe tension further, and even encourage players to try the update anyway and maybe even enjoy some of the bugs. Once all the bugs are fixed, players will be compensated based on how big and how many bugs there were, and by how much progression they made through missions. Kuva, tau forged archon shard blueprints, some free decorations, a new skin that people who didnt help would have to purchase.

Example:

Mission A: Parkour to extraction

- theres a crash bug 50% through the mission, that you didnt experience but you did pass 50% of the mission (+50% participation rewards)

- theres 10 smaller bugs that slow down your movement speeds that you didnt run into either (+5% participation reward per small bug in the mission that you ran pass)

- you finish 100% of the mission. (X2 your total rewards)

Now DE goes dark for a few weeks fixing bugs. Once done, the possible rewards get listed (1,000,000 kuva) base gets listed (250,000 kuva)

You get 1mill. 

I would really rather they spend more time fixing things before release to begin with to make such things unnecessary. All this does is incentivize bad habits. 

7 hours ago, Teoarrk said:

They have a test cluster that they have used in the past. It's not been deployed in time for the feedback to matter that much, but it exists.

Thats before the update is released, and i think DE said thats expensive

This idea is after update is released. Its restricted by just a message in which hit accept before playing. Its like a new weapon being locked with a mr requirement except you just have to read a message. Update is already released.

The average player is not aware of bug report etiquette and the bug they report might not be something that can be repeated by an in-house tester. 

if DE cant confirm the bug nobody gets the compensation for it specifically untill later

The bug might damage a players hardware. This has already been an issue with releases such as Railjack.

This risks happening regardless of whether we get compensated or not. So its not an issue related to the compensation idea alone.

Ill remind you that the compensation is to soothe tension not get more players to play, because Everyone already plays the update. I think youre distracted thinking this idea is another form of test cluster and its not, its an apologetic reward system. Reward system.

Youre issues relate to that of testing

4 hours ago, Xecty-Eins said:

I would really rather they spend more time fixing things before release to begin with to make such things unnecessary. All this does is incentivize bad habits. 

As would we all, but i remember Fortuna getting delayed for the same purposes youre listing, and even during its release there were still massive bugs

I expect the same for this next big update in next year...

As far as incentivizing bad habits goes, this is just being pessimistic. Theres no real garauntee it will happen and there isnt much evidence to support theyll do that. Compensating players hurts DE as it could end up costing them money, just doesnt hurt them as much as the latter would of just leting players suffers. So theres still incentive for them to release updates in perfect conditions.

5 minutes ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

Fortuna getting delayed for the same purposes youre listing

Could you elaborate? Fortuna got announced in July 2018 during Tennocon, In August we got Revenant with it's quest, in October we got the Chimera update with Arbitrations and the Fortuna was released November 8th.

4 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

What do you mean by nerfing her design? 

thats probably due to the many alterations de has prior shown from dev 165. From 2d concept changes of the wolf heads. to the 3d id assume

main gripe is the reduced her bust, but also the body form, head/helm, wolf heads, arms, legs, torso, have minor to major alterations in topology and form not matchings to the concept art which is upsetting people (me included) 

there is also a vocal minority that dosnt want the frame at all, and hates the design with a passion , so no matter whats done they wont be happy, but ruin it for the rest of the player base 

every frame has a mixed amount of reception

59 minutes ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

Ill remind you that the compensation is to soothe tension not get more players to play, because Everyone already plays the update. I think youre distracted thinking this idea is another form of test cluster and its not, its an apologetic reward system. Reward system.

Youre issues relate to that of testing

So thats what you meant. Okay then no, I think this will be even worse than releasing nothing. This will incentivise DE to release something half baked so they can hand out rewards to players. Recently, bans have been handed out for getting connection issues with the host at the end of a mission. The promise of in game rewards will not sweeten the prospect of finding something of that sort.

2 hours ago, Cerikus said:

Could you elaborate? Fortuna got announced in July 2018 during Tennocon, In August we got Revenant with it's quest, in October we got the Chimera update with Arbitrations and the Fortuna was released November 8th.

Cant find where players listed concerns but i remember when autumn hit there was some talk on "where's fortuna? Still no percise release date?" and somewhere in their devstreams, DE addressed it talking about still polishing things and getting rid of bugs, so it was being delayed but would likely still release somewhere in autumn. It hit in novemeber 8th for PC and like a month later for consoles, it almost didnt release till winter due to the issues they encountered and were working on fixing. And it still came with bugs

i remember thinking to myself that it couldnt have been that bad because they said they spent extra time fixing bugs right? Then i ran into that elevator bug and accepted the fate of warframe with bugs just not being able to all be caught, saying aloud "it is what it is"

1 hour ago, Teoarrk said:

So thats what you meant. Okay then no, I think this will be even worse than releasing nothing. This will incentivise DE to release something half baked so they can hand out rewards to players. Recently, bans have been handed out for getting connection issues with the host at the end of the mission. The promise of in game rewards will not sweeten the prospect of finding something of that sort.

And like the other person, im not saying release buggy updates either, this is pessimistic. 

Its whatever

9 minutes ago, Teoarrk said:

I can tell your heart is in the right place but I can't get behind the premise.

Yea, i guess im the only one who wouldnt assume DE is taking advantage of us, so it wouldnt work in the favor of soothing tension. They just dont strike me as a greedy and lazy team like i have experienced with other developers (at least not most of them, there may exist a few team members that i feel i catch a whiff of their works here and there). Sad world

Oh well, buggy updates with no compensation it is then

1 hour ago, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:
5 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

What do you mean by nerfing her design? 

thats probably due to the many alterations de has prior shown from dev 165. From 2d concept changes of the wolf heads. to the 3d id assume

main gripe is the reduced her bust, but also the body form, head/helm, wolf heads, arms, legs, torso, have minor to major alterations in topology and form not matchings to the concept art which is upsetting people (me included) 

there is also a vocal minority that dosnt want the frame at all, and hates the design with a passion , so no matter whats done they wont be happy, but ruin it for the rest of the player base 

every frame has a mixed amount of reception

I was scared for a second. I thought it was something like Styanax (removing fun things while letting bad things in game). Thanks for claryfing.

Well, I do like the new Wolf Heads that tell a story, so not sure what's wrong with that.

This I can understand, I'm not gonna have any sympathy for folks who design fanart on a clearly early design (that can change at anytime) that's on them if I'm gonna be honest. As for her "Bust" size, this is a rather strong topic as it's a dual edge blade.

On one side: Nerfing her Bust seems like a crybaby move and can be seen as "Men only like boobies, disguising, I hate men" and then on the other side it can be flipped to "Why are you getting mad over a video game bust" and it can chalk off as, "your a loner and you need a real girl."  (Very hard topic to talk about).

I don't see anything else besides her wolf heads that have changed from the main art besides the head and we have yet to see her fully in-game, outside of Art and pre-rendered models. So I'd hold off being upset about a non-existing "Nerf"

As for the folks who just hate the idea of her being "Female" or a "Wolf" to begin with, they know where the door is.

Sorry of this comes off strange or very blunt, but I've been around long enough to understand both sides at this point. (and it's quite sad to see how stupid us humans are xD)

18 hours ago, Crossfire78 said:

is DE playing WF-verse -esque Zariman time / void effery with us?

Luas prey will be released winter 2022 and comes with Nora Mix Vol3...

Noras Mix Vol3 is planned to release on 30th of November.

But Winter starts 21st of December?

Nick Young Wtf GIF

You know "winder YEAR" doesn't mean first day of winter, right? It could be last day of December ;)

Yup, figured that'd be deleted. 

Community's still not liking the logo's next to our names on top of all else I've written beforehand.

Still have plenty of time to make this right, unless this due to legal matters, then everyone will just be stuck with them indefinitely.

On 2022-11-10 at 8:01 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

Howzit, Glinty! 

It is time again for us to go dark on Hotfixes/Updates as we prepare for the next Warframe Update: Lua’s Prey

With the exception of Nintendo Switch, which has already been on a Hotfix hiatus since Tuesday. Switch will be Hotfixing next week to catch up with the rest of the platforms, and then they too will enter Hotfix/Update dormancy in prep for Lua’s Prey. 

During this time, the team will continue to monitor the public build for fixes/changes to include in Lua’s Prey. 

That said! We are planning and looking forward to connecting with you all in a November Devstream to get you all caught up on Lua’s Prey and more - stay tuned for the official date announcement! In the meantime, here are some of the things coming with Lua’s Prey: 

• The 51st Wolf-Inspired Warframe: VORUNA 
    • Signature Axe Melee and Sniper Rifle 
    • Voidshell Skin 
    • Alt Helmet 
    • Ephemera 
    • Leverian Installation (lore for Voruna!)
  • 2 new Conjunction Survival Nodes on Lua! 
  • Nightwave: Nora’s Mix Vol. 3 
  • Xaku Deluxe and Lotus Skin
  • Grendel Rework 
  • Yareli Changes
  • Grendel, Mag, and Frost Voidshell Skins
  • And more!

707a73c46719f2b6ca9d23e6550d8488.png

Also worth noting is that Lua’s Prey will be a Mainline Update, meaning that everything the team has been working on since the launch of Veilbreaker will be coming in this update (with the obvious exception of content that is not ready to be released), including all Code changes & fixes. It is very likely, as it is with all Mainline updates, that things can slip through the cracks. We will have a dedicated subforum for bug reporting when Lua’s Prey launches, and will be keeping an eye out for those for follow-up Hotfixing. 

Thank you!

Will crossplay friends and clans be coming soon?

2 hours ago, quxier said:

I was scared for a second. I thought it was something like Styanax (removing fun things while letting bad things in game). Thanks for claryfing.

well so far its cosmetic 

if it dosnt match  its not really keeping true to the accepted design IMO, this is what weve been shown 164/165 devstreams of the wip 

i find it odd the forms off to begin with given they can nearly match any other frame design or skins , but due to the rush of time table, this might have corners cut, which will be a shame .... id rather have matching (this is just my personal take)

Spoiler

6HlOI3SHvqQYb5VKkczcd1fELDP3ZySFBmwkj_ZhWDFLVtQy4mlaos7K-YVPMUWE6TaJ0CvX-CmU6MHOck6RdvqiQGJa4tCMP9A3AOxOz3aDuP-0YwrI6NqJYb_DWN-Sf9DYh3ZyN69D3XK67nLPPGgjEjOkqrXUYUzl9l3ZfRKgJw-8w2u9mPUgIgyDmCNDosxkOcEghyGSVHbhRCJbxnEjxUz436U2zGsarkue1QSIwNpy909_ySPeaarPlpGToV0AcfNacIMtAsuukymhWtZBNPY2NbXh-xhBHvX9CXhvhcZPZvYjNwnLtqBJ-GWeUEHmzkivBdl4mR5uTywzQ9iVgkInJsliSki7L_MiPAuGkm9RdsFwC6pqxKbuR1IwnHSo8tOVTCaOO6fg9ObW5xRZfo22NvVdx4obsElRAfFZQg_iHBuUaHhrrNO25tM9lhQ-Zzq3iBymajYZDhJjUjbB8uHWF5rcSXnZV5I-y1cvO3Mi4FQcp9GLNrxBgPRJrCixdqWL5_SV3J8Y-uZ-15sY4v6NNoN5BidW5bI7a7HmPA

2 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Well, I do like the new Wolf Heads that tell a story, so not sure what's wrong with that.

This I can understand, I'm not gonna have any sympathy for folks who design fanart on a clearly early design (that can change at anytime) that's on them if I'm gonna be honest. As for her "Bust" size, this is a rather strong topic as it's a dual edge blade.

On one side: Nerfing her Bust seems like a crybaby move and can be seen as "Men only like boobies, disguising, I hate men" and then on the other side it can be flipped to "Why are you getting mad over a video game bust" and it can chalk off as, "your a loner and you need a real girl."  (Very hard topic to talk about).

I don't see anything else besides her wolf heads that have changed from the main art besides the head and we have yet to see her fully in-game, outside of Art and pre-rendered models. So I'd hold off being upset about a non-existing "Nerf"

As for the folks who just hate the idea of her being "Female" or a "Wolf" to begin with, they know where the door is.

Sorry of this comes off strange or very blunt, but I've been around long enough to understand both sides at this point. (and it's quite sad to see how stupid us humans are xD)

100%  with you here , ive said  it plenty of times 

1:  the wolf "heads" were already different to begin with and the design "details" and backstory are to be part of her kit function . it makes sense and that dosnt actually affect the main frame design, if anything it enhances it.

2: bust size ,its a dual edge in any game, but we dont even have physics so it dont see how the decorative orbs offened people...  we do have  frames with bigger busts ingame , heck even enemies (kuva guardians come to mind) and they function fine, in comparison voruna isnt even gonna be the bustiest frame.   just hating it for being a wolf or a wolf with mammeries is just a childish. some really dont like the design as it dosnt "fit" their idea/cannon of warframe or something to that affect, and i can understand and respect that and  their aesthetics. however, i dont feel its fair to ruin or belittle anothers views or a design for those who actually were looking forward to it, and would actually use it.

for the anti voruna gang. you wont please them in any shape or form, that this is changed to, unless its removed entirely. makes more sense to make a profit off those who will use it  and $ it imo ,

dont worry about blunt with me, im the same way, it becomes a tiresome matter to know all the sides and you cant please or change anyones minds , with logic or evidence , ect

3: for changes they are subtitle in some cases and not in others (i did a study of this frame tod raw it , only reason im a bit sensitive to it , but its a WIP gray scale sculpt does show some changes /progression (i posted some pics above) mainly the easiest  and what many focused on was her bust shape/size differences , but then the head shape/size , the arms and legs and body dont match in terms of minor  topology /shape issues, i even showed how this could be fixed easily , takes like 3 minutes in zbrush (which de uses..?) . 

personally, im going to wait and see, there is also to be an alt helm  and i want to see how that looks / fits to the themes , ive been very excited to use her as a possible new main frame, overall, its in de's court ,  I will just lose some respect for them if they mess this up  as they have done some designs/deluxe skins in the past, for time crunch or inability, or bigotry , or whatever

the delay of duviri is to create a better product, so they needed to pump something out before 2023, if this suffers as a result of that... disappointing 

Archived