Warframe's Next Update: Lua's Prey

[DE]Danielle

On 2022-11-10 at 12:01 PM, XHADgaming said:

Oh look at this nice diagram of modular archwings DE has shown off wonder when they will implement it?

Yeah, that is why I am asking why it isn't being mentioned on the list of changes since I really do hope that the changes are significant enough to warrant actually addressing and taking into account feedback which judging by the fact it isn't mentioned here sets me up for disappointment. 

I am sure there is going to be something but the fact it isn't even worth putting on the list of changes make me think that it is going to be too minor to fully address the most common complaints. 

Well, Thank you for linking this post, we all know showing cool stuff in devstreams is their formula to generate Hype... keeping us waiting. and its not only modular archwing... Listing all the cool stuff DE shows and never release would take me days..

I just love this game but its sad to see it turn into a waiting room for content.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:
6 hours ago, quxier said:

I was scared for a second. I thought it was something like Styanax (removing fun things while letting bad things in game). Thanks for claryfing.

well so far its cosmetic 

if it dosnt match  its not really keeping true to the accepted design IMO, this is what weve been shown 164/165 devstreams of the wip 

i find it odd the forms off to begin with given they can nearly match any other frame design or skins , but due to the rush of time table, this might have corners cut, which will be a shame .... id rather have matching (this is just my personal take)

Not good but it's not that majority of players won't play it because it's little bit different. It's game - we play it not look at static images or animations.

They can make skins later.

26 minutes ago, quxier said:

Not good but it's not that majority of players won't play it because it's little bit different. It's game - we play it not look at static images or animations.

They can make skins later.

for me  aesthetics matter , but  also functionality, if its unusable or limited it hurts the possible player pool of use

i dont minds, i usually prefer a deluxe to have an alternative form thats a bit different, just to make it interesting and not like a tennogen using a altered skin    

• Like 1

i fully expect no acknowledgement of this, but is there any chance at all that THIS ISSUE could get looked at for lua's prey? amp scaffolds have been broken clipping through the operator's hand (+ various other ways) ever since fortuna release and that was almost four whole years ago now. there is plenty of documentation in the thread, going back as far as december 2018. thanks

10 hours ago, OneofTwo7734 said:

Why would you want that?????

Because, in some people's opinion, AOE has not been nerfed enough. They won't be satisfied until AOE is relegated into a corner, unused because the consequences just suck (more than they do now).

Edited by PrimalordialBob

On 2022-11-10 at 7:28 PM, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Well that’s what happens when a frame is bad.

All she has is crowd control and poorly scaling damage. Pair that with merulina being more annoying than helpful and you’ve got a frame that people have no real reason to use.

We know what the changes are, and they won’t be enough to increase interest in her. The best thing she’s getting is effectively just turning her 4 into Vortex. But more CC on a frame that already has CC isn’t really a good idea.

And honestly Yareli’s getting more attention from DE than every frame released after her. Meanwhile Caliban, Gyre and Styanax are just rotting away in mediocrity. And all 3 of them are far easier fixes than Yareli.

You see, that is my problem with the Warframe community in a nutshell right here.  If you wanted to say you didn't like Yareli because you found her unfun, or even simply too jank, I would have accepted that and moved on.  Just like the AOE meta, and the almighty tier list, the vast majority of the community seems hellbent on laser focusing in on what is "the best" or "the most powerful", labeling things that can't clear rooms in seconds or one-shot Steel Path enemies as "bad".  And thus, many things get placed on the back burner, with neither players nor DE interacting with them.

And that's all a bit of a shame, if you ask me.  I bring up Yareli often as I feel her to be the quintessential example of this phenomenon.   She's fun.  Really fun.  One of the most enjoyable frames in the game, in fact.  And just like guns like the Plinx or the Ambassador being relegated to nothing but MR fodder because the are "bad", players, new and veteran alike miss out on what is, really, what games are about.  Fun.

And I mean, sure, you're not going to clear whole rooms in seconds, or one-shot Steel Path enemies with them, but you'll more then be able to clear the star chart, the main content of the game, with them with ease.  And I also don't want to discount those who find being godly powerful to be enjoyable.  But it gets stale quick.  I've been playing the game since 2013, I've seen a lot of playstyles come and go.  And I like to play the game.  I like to interact with more then 6 frames and 15 guns.  And yes, I like Yareli.  I love my cute skateboarding magical girl.  She ain't good.

But she is fun.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AurumApocrypha said:

You see, that is my problem with the Warframe community in a nutshell right here.  If you wanted to say you didn't like Yareli because you found her unfun, or even simply too jank, I would have accepted that and moved on.  Just like the AOE meta, and the almighty tier list, the vast majority of the community seems hellbent on laser focusing in on what is "the best" or "the most powerful", labeling things that can't clear rooms in seconds or one-shot Steel Path enemies as "bad".  And thus, many things get placed on the back burner, with neither players nor DE interacting with them.

And that's all a bit of a shame, if you ask me.  I bring up Yareli often as I feel her to be the quintessential example of this phenomenon.   She's fun.  Really fun.  One of the most enjoyable frames in the game, in fact.  And just like guns like the Plinx or the Ambassador being relegated to nothing but MR fodder because the are "bad", players, new and veteran alike miss out on what is, really, what games are about.  Fun.

And I mean, sure, you're not going to clear whole rooms in seconds, or one-shot Steel Path enemies with them, but you'll more then be able to clear the star chart, the main content of the game, with them with ease.  And I also don't want to discount those who find being godly powerful to be enjoyable.  But it gets stale quick.  I've been playing the game since 2013, I've seen a lot of playstyles come and go.  And I like to play the game.  I like to interact with more then 6 frames and 15 guns.  And yes, I like Yareli.  I love my cute skateboarding magical girl.  She ain't good.

But she is fun.

Well I’m sorry you were expecting a subjective opinion on her instead of objective fact.

Frames are capable of being good and fun at the same time. Gauss is an excellent example of that. They don’t have to be one or the other. They shouldn’t be one or the other.

But just because you find Yareli fun and have a vendetta against people who like using good frames does not mean Yareli does not need massive improvements.

• Like 3

I just noticed that you are defaulted to using the Operator when replaying The Sacrifice to be chronologically consistent. This doesn't have a thing to do with Lua's Prey, I just wanted to voice my appreciation for attention to detail. Please pass along my thanks to the developer(s) responsible.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Well I’m sorry you were expecting a subjective opinion on her instead of objective fact.

Frames are capable of being good and fun at the same time. Gauss is an excellent example of that. They don’t have to be one or the other. They shouldn’t be one or the other.

But just because you find Yareli fun and have a vendetta against people who like using good frames does not mean Yareli does not need massive improvements.

I main Gauss.  So, yes, I know that frames can be fun and powerful.  But you seem to misunderstand.  My vendetta isn't against people seeking the meta.  My vendetta is against content falling to the wayside because people obsess over seeking that meta.  I also understand that balancing the amount of content Warframe has is a near impossible task.

I just want people to seek out and try more of what the game has to offer.  Do some frames need a buff?  Well, yes.  That is an objective fact.  And while my enjoyment of Yareli or any given frame is subjective, it is just as much an objective fact that 90% of the things people don't use and are left to languish are an untapped wellspring of enjoyment that is unarguably being missed out on.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AurumApocrypha said:

I main Gauss.  So, yes, I know that frames can be fun and powerful.  But you seem to misunderstand.  My vendetta isn't against people seeking the meta.  My vendetta is against content falling to the wayside because people obsess over seeking that meta.  I also understand that balancing the amount of content Warframe has is a near impossible task.

I just want people to seek out and try more of what the game has to offer.  Do some frames need a buff?  Well, yes.  That is an objective fact.  And while my enjoyment of Yareli or any given frame is subjective, it is just as much an objective fact that 90% of the things people don't use and are left to languish are an untapped wellspring of enjoyment that is unarguably being missed out on.

Well maybe if those things were better people would want to use them.

17 minutes ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Well maybe if those things were better people would want to use them.

I won't argue in circles about this, especially since neither of us aren't changing our minds.  So I'll make this my last comment.

I already touched this point.  Discounting endgame Lv.80+ content, which is basically just Steel Path, Sorties/Archon Hunt and Arbitrations, the likes of relics, star chart, or open world bounties, which is the content that the majority of players interact with far more then any other, can be done with any weapon, with any frame.  Why not just use what is fun to you?  It doesn't need to be balanced, it doesn't need to be "good".  It just needs to be fun, and the vast majority of the game is still open to you.  And people should want to use what is fun.  That's why we play games.

Adieu, friend.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PrimalordialBob said:

Because, in some people's opinion, AOE has not been nerfed enough. They won't be satisfied until AOE is relegated into a corner, unused because the consequences just suck (more than they do now).

what consequences do AOE have rn lol plus look at what 99% of people use in stuff like survival or defence missions they use them aimlessly and hence a fix DE are making to wukong the fact his celestial twin gave the bramma infinite ammo is kinda broken since the weapon has 5 ammo yet an AI clone has infinite also the reason DE removed self damage to begin with is because so many people were complaining about killing themselves to much but now since its gone people can aimlessly shoot something like ogris at their feet not caring or randoms can join a pub survival endurance run and ruin it by using AOE weapons listen to what DE say in the dev streams about self damage 

• Like 1

On 2022-11-11 at 6:01 AM, [DE]Danielle said:

Howzit, Glinty! 

It is time again for us to go dark on Hotfixes/Updates as we prepare for the next Warframe Update: Lua’s Prey

With the exception of Nintendo Switch, which has already been on a Hotfix hiatus since Tuesday. Switch will be Hotfixing next week to catch up with the rest of the platforms, and then they too will enter Hotfix/Update dormancy in prep for Lua’s Prey. 

During this time, the team will continue to monitor the public build for fixes/changes to include in Lua’s Prey. 

That said! We are planning and looking forward to connecting with you all in a November Devstream to get you all caught up on Lua’s Prey and more - stay tuned for the official date announcement! In the meantime, here are some of the things coming with Lua’s Prey: 

• The 51st Wolf-Inspired Warframe: VORUNA 
    • Signature Axe Melee and Sniper Rifle 
    • Voidshell Skin 
    • Alt Helmet 
    • Ephemera 
    • Leverian Installation (lore for Voruna!)
  • 2 new Conjunction Survival Nodes on Lua! 
  • Nightwave: Nora’s Mix Vol. 3 
  • Xaku Deluxe and Lotus Skin
  • Grendel Rework 
  • Yareli Changes
  • Grendel, Mag, and Frost Voidshell Skins
  • And more!

707a73c46719f2b6ca9d23e6550d8488.png

Also worth noting is that Lua’s Prey will be a Mainline Update, meaning that everything the team has been working on since the launch of Veilbreaker will be coming in this update (with the obvious exception of content that is not ready to be released), including all Code changes & fixes. It is very likely, as it is with all Mainline updates, that things can slip through the cracks. We will have a dedicated subforum for bug reporting when Lua’s Prey launches, and will be keeping an eye out for those for follow-up Hotfixing. 

Thank you!

no mention on an official date yet since it's less than a month away (December) just wondering when it will drop and I hate the fact my birthday is 3 days before christmas (december 22nd) and nothing will happen 

On 2022-11-10 at 1:06 PM, Omegaduc said:

Will self damage finally be brought back in this update.

No. It won't ever be brought back. Because of folks killing teammates using it and then said teammates leaving, turning this "Multiplayer" game into a "Single player with option for multiplayer killing yourself" game.

So I've looked in-between the two viewpoints here between you and this Xbox guy and quite frankly you are both correct in your statements and I suppose everyone is right to their opinions in such a matter, but allow me to point out the two issues that you both brought up that can sparked this in the first place. 

19 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

19 hours ago, AurumApocrypha said:

Miss out on what is, really, what games are about.  Fun.

This is very subjective opinion, not everyone is gonna find a "Weapon" or "Frame" that is fun and they can be a numerous of reasons why they don't: Maybe the frame doesn't fit their playstyle, maybe the frame is really weak at doing basic content. Or maybe they just hate that said weapon or frame, plain and simple.

You are in your right to have Fun in the game, just as "Gears" is to his own Fun, if they dislike the frame that you like, then that's their opinion, as example: I love useing Caliban, just cuz I like this theme and playstyle. Does it mean he's super strong or can clear rooms?, Well, that again is up to the player.

Each frame and weapon theoretically can do high-end content. I take Titania Prime to Archon Fights & Steel Path (When I feel like doing them). She's strong and Fun for ME, but other players may not think that. What your issue is (that you didn't seem to state clear enough) is that you "Dislike" players hateing on what you like.

And if I'm going to be honest with you here, grow a thicker spine. There will ALWAYS be people who trash on something you like, to watch you squirm or poke a reaction out of you. You claim that you've been here long enough, so you should know by now how quickly someone will not hesitate to put you into the ground, because you like something.

I'm no saint myself either, but you must understand that each and everyone will have their own opinion, no matter what yours is.

As for Gears: I'm going to assume that you didn't "Poke the Bear" towards Aurum to provoke a reaction out of them, as I highly doute that you are that type of person. But I must say saying the lines of "objective fact" when it's always going to be down to a persons opinion on what they think is fun or not, really makes you look like a Snob.

I'm going to be a bit bias here as I fully expected this from a Xbox player (I don't mean this in any offense, PC players are just as bad, but it's super more common in Xbox, atleast what I experienced, useing such in the past) but you viewing your own opinions as fact (atleast what it looks like, even if you didn't intend to) will provide the same "Feedback" as Gears got.  A negative reaction.

For example, I can say something like this: "Ash is the best frame in-game, it's a FACT and everyone who disagrees with me is stupid and can't understand the grasp of how super strong Ash is, My facts are always right!"

You see how silly that sounds?, Each person (and I mean everyone does, Humans are like that) has this strong belief that their opinions matter the most, it's just how we work, like the very old "Pineapple on Pizza". 

But I do agree with both of you, because you both made great arguments but they all boil down to that they are YOUR opinions on the matter and it is MY opinion to agree with such. Yes I do think that "Yareli" needs some touching up, but I also agree that she's in a "Ok" spot, does that mean I like her?, No, I dislike Yareli for reasons of my own. But even then, my reasons are my own opinions on her. (My own feelings, if you will).

I hope that this helped clear the air between you both, if you wish to end the topic here and there, that's up to you, but I just, like everyone else, wanted to express my viewpoint on this.

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
Fixed Spelling & Added More Info
  • Like 1