Nights of Naberus 2022 Has Ended

With Naberus over…
Goodbye darkness our friend…
All Dullahan Masks…
Must come to an end…

Tenno,

The ancient festival has drawn to a close. We hope that you enjoyed the mischief and got to add a little spooky flair to your Warframe experience. As tradition dictates, we will be smashing our pumpkin heads soon to mark the end of another festival.

We will be removing all Dullahan Masks on Monday, November 21st at 4 pm ET on all platforms. 

Until next year, Tenno!

UPDATE - November 21 @ 5:35 p.m. ET: We have now completed running a script on all platforms to remove the Dullahan Masks.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, [DE]Dudley said:

We will be removing all Dullahan Masks on Monday, November 21st at 4 pm ET on all platforms. 

Until next year, Tenno!

Thank you for the fashion frame. RIP Dullahan Mask. As always, please consider the litany of suggestions scarefully outlined in this thread:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, [DE]Dudley said:

All Dullahan Masks…
Must come to an end…

Why?

Candy canes don't have to come to an end.

Bird wings don't have to come to an end.

Heart arrows don't have to come to an end.

Bat wings don't have to come to an end.

Floating fish don't have to come to an end.

Another year, another disappointment.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Mazifet said:

bruh

we can have giant candy canes but not pumpkin heads makes sense

17 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

Why?

Candy canes don't have to come to an end.

Bird wings don't have to come to an end.

Heart arrows don't have to come to an end.

Bat wings don't have to come to an end.

Floating fish don't have to come to an end.

Another year, another disappointment.

1 cosmettic for each holiday is time sensitive. They're not taking the wings, ephemera or decorations. This is to make each seasonal event have something special just for that period of time, while allowing them to add new stuff to keep when able.

Halloween has the pumpkin head. Christmas, i think its the orbitor decoration. Easter has bunny ears.

7 hours ago, chaotea said:

1 cosmettic for each holiday is time sensitive. They're not taking the wings, ephemera or decorations. This is to make each seasonal event have something special just for that period of time, while allowing them to add new stuff to keep when able.

Halloween has the pumpkin head. Christmas, i think its the orbitor decoration. Easter has bunny ears.

That's not true, though. The Winter Solstice event has zero temporary cosmetics: all of them are permanent and all of them always have been. You keep your Orbiter decorations all year round. Mine is still up! Star Days has zero temporary cosmetics. It had a temporary cosmetic, but that was made permanent "by popular player request" just last year. Easter has zero permanent cosmetics. All of the cosmetics for the Chinese New Year are permanent. Nights of Naberus and Dog Days are the only two seasonal events out of these six that follow this "one cosmetic is temporary" pattern. It really doesn't matter how you try and explain which are permanent and which are temporary, there is always an exception.

And the idea that the cosmetics being temporary makes them "something special" is just, like, your opinion man. To some of us them being temporary makes them less special. I hadn't even bothered to get the mustaches this year until yesterday, and I still haven't bothered to equip any of them and almost certainly won't, because I know they're just gonna get taken away in a few weeks anyways. Why bother? The only reason I even pick up these cosmetics anymore is in the vain hope that DE finally changes their mind like they did for the Eros Arrow Skin. The permanent cosmetics? Always special. I always go out of my way to get them when new ones are added, and I'll even spend cash on them. I'll grind Dog Days for hours for the stupid floating fish I'll never use. Now this is obviously a matter of preference and opinion, so boy wouldn't it be nice if individual players could decide for themselves how to interact with this content?

• Like 2

16 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

You keep your Orbiter decorations all year round. Mine is still up

Unless you change it then it disappeared, or did they change that? Cant remember.

And the idea that the cosmetics being temporary makes them "something special" is just, like, your opinion man.

Sure, i get that.

To some of us them being temporary makes them less special.

Yea, but thats just, like, your opinion man.

The permanent cosmetics? Always special. I always go out of my way to get them when new ones are added, and I'll even spend cash on them.

Hey, i own every cosmettic bar maybe 20% of tennogen, you're preaching to the choir here. But i wouldnt say that they are 'special' because of it. Alot of these cosmettics i'll buy to have them, then rarely ever use them. Always put the halloween helmet or the bunny ears on though. And the stashes, i may not buy them all at once, but ill put them on if im customising my frames.

I'll grind Dog Days for hours for the stupid floating fish I'll never use.

Sure, though i feel if it was temporary I'd actually use it, if only for the novelty. I wouldnt use the dog days one at all if it was perminant, but do use it because its limited time.

so boy wouldn't it be nice if individual players could decide for themselves how to interact with this content?

But in a discussion of temporary vs perminant, making it perminant isnt the better solution thats the best of both worlds, it invalidates the seasonal exclusivity which is kinda fun.

Still, im not against perminant cosmettics, but I do believe that seasonal temporary cosmetics also have a place. I would like every holiday event to have at least 1 exclusive cosmetic while all other cosmetics for the season be available to keep. Make the easter ephemera perminant, give us a temporary santa hat on christmas. Maybe a valantines themed emote, like handshake that uses 2 warframes?

Side note on stashes, i think these should be made perminant.

the concept of "show peculiar content" should be next in line after the AoE balances are finished, imo

the inconsistency is a bit silly so i think we should just allow users to opt in or out of such content

Edited by EdinaMonsoon
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, chaotea said:

Unless you change it then it disappeared, or did they change that? Cant remember.

It's gone through some iterations, but it's just an item now and you can equip/unequip it and all of the other Orbiter decorations as you please. It's somewhere in the Orbiter decoration menu, and there are quite a few now. Solstice, Naberus, Chinese New Year or whatever it's called ingame, there's a Prime one. I'm probably missing one.

11 hours ago, chaotea said:

Yea, but thats just, like, your opinion man.

Exactly, we have differing opinions on the matter. There's also a third opinion out there, that "these cosmetics are stupid and it's ruining my immersion". They're all perfectly valid opinions, but none of these are being met right now: there are exceptions that run afoul of each one. People like me who like these cosmetics and want to keep them still can't keep some of them, people like you who enjoy the seasonal nature have to see the majority of permanent cosmetics outside of their seasons, and people who dislike these cosmetics as a whole can't avoid them.

Lilly has kindly linked my thread above, where you can read about a potential solution that provides a "best of both worlds" for all of these differing opinions. The TL;DR: make them all permanent, and add a setting so players can decide for themselves how they want to view this content. You could have this content show seasonally the way you find it most special for you, and I could have this content show always the way I find it most special for me, and people who dislike this content could make it go away and not have to deal with it.