Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What happens to Archon Shards when a Frame is deleted?

(PSN)Unstar

Question

Whether by selling it or feeding it to Helminth, does anyone know what happens to Archon Shards that are equipped in a frame when that frame is removed from your inventory?

I'm considering putting some shards in a non-Prime frame, and odds are when the Prime is released I'll want to move the shards there.  I'm wondering what to expect, if anyone has figured that out yet!

18 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Interesting situation

it takes 80% bile to remove a single shard

and with the decreasing daily hunger levels of the helminth... replenishing that bile to remove Multiple Shards might become a timegate -taking several days to fully unequip all shards before deleting a Frame.

Proposal:

rather than always consume Bile to remove a shard

make each of the 5 shard slots require a Different Helminth Resource to remove.

I think it's 50% bile per shard (but don't quote me on that).

I think the shards should require different resources, i.e. not all bile. There's 6 groups, and 3 shards. So it could be 2 resources per shard (reduced to 25% per resource per shard). To be honest, anything would be better than having all 3 require bile. It just acts a timegate/cooldown between moving shards. I'm not seeing the benefits in that. It seems overly restrictive to me.

On 2022-11-15 at 6:36 PM, (PSN)Unstar said:

Whether by selling it or feeding it to Helminth, does anyone know what happens to Archon Shards that are equipped in a frame when that frame is removed from your inventory?

I'm considering putting some shards in a non-Prime frame, and odds are when the Prime is released I'll want to move the shards there.  I'm wondering what to expect, if anyone has figured that out yet!

You can just remove the shards when the prime comes out at a cost of resources, then toss the original to the helminth. You keep thr shards.

On 2022-11-15 at 10:54 PM, CosoMalvadoNG said:

I don't think it has to be "fixed" because for some reason ''it requires resources to unequip them''... if they "fix" it I can already see a small exploit in that.

What's the exploit? Selling a Warframe with 5+ Forma and all that profile usage/XP progress for saving Bile? The 50% Bile cost is steep, but it doesn't nearly outweigh the investment in the Warframe, never mind the resources and time it takes to craft another.

On 2022-11-16 at 12:01 AM, (PSN)IdoThea said:

This is why I'm not putting any shards into non prime. I like using Protea but I don't put any shard or more formas into her because there will be prime coming. I know it'll take couple years but still I'm going to put everything into prime because that'll be final form.

By the time her prime gets released you will have plenty of resources for removal and arguably plenty of Shards to spare (perhaps not transforged) but shard her up and enjoy and experiment with her, there's plenty of time. 

16 hours ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

I think it's 50% bile per shard (but don't quote me on that).

*cackles evilly*

Yes it's only 50%.

On the one hand, people should be paying attention. Though admittedly I'm in a comfortable place where I'm only putting shards in prime frames because I have them all and newer frames without primes haven't floated my boat.

On the other hand, it would be good if they added something about first going to remove shards that are installed on the frame when you confirm that you want to subsume. People will still click without paying attention, but then it's on them.

7 hours ago, (PSN)IdoThea said:
7 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

This is why I'm not putting any shards into non prime. I like using Protea but I don't put any shard or more formas into her because there will be prime coming. I know it'll take couple years but still I'm going to put everything into prime because that'll be final form.

Oh, young Tenno is afraid of putting formas, potatoes etc into their gear? How silly of you. You get enough of those things to put entire army. To quote famous war tactician: "Don't be afraid."

7 hours ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:
8 hours ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

Subsuming frames requires some sort of resource investment (afaik), although it would require less than what is needed to remove 5 shards. It would've made sense to me if shards were automatically removed when subsuming. I'm not really seeing any big exploits in that situation. It is what is, I guess.

Ok u can tell that to people who don't have those resources and then ask them if avoiding the consumption of resources they don't have wouldn't count as a gimmick exploit.

Greedy Corpus talk:

Old Corpus: Tennos are smart. They can avoid paying 50% bile resource.

Younger Corpus: but Grandpa, they can do it once and they are "loosing" frame.

Old Corpus: *didn't hear it*

7 hours ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:
7 hours ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

If the crystals were returned to your inventory when subsuming a frame, instead of being deleted along with the frame, you still gain nothing. You don't gain extra resources or anything. Depending on what resources are required to subsume the frame, you might save yourself some 'bile' resources (I don't think the shards should all require bile, but that's a different discussion). Calling it an exploit is seems quite the stretch, gimmick or otherwise. To each their own.

That's why it's your responsibility to unequip, it's not the developer´s fault. Here everyone wants DE put food in their mouths and then move their jaws by hand.

Designers (not only in game industry) is responsible for "good design". Keep it simple as possible. Have you heard about Norman doors? When you don't know if you have to pull or push then it's "Norman doors" (bad design in most cases).

It's obvious that in most cases they want shards back. With 50 (51 soon) frames to subsume it wouldn't be bad to just give us "free removal".

7 hours ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

They could've chosen to program it in many other ways. It didn't have to be entirely bile, but that's what they went with. They could've included a pop-up which would've allowed players to simply say "remove shards" and automatically deduct the resources and return the shards... but hey didn't.

100% yes. I would make it free as it's just 50ish frame that we can subsume.

21 minutes ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

That's why it's your responsibility to unequip, it's not the developer´s fault. Here everyone wants DE put food in their mouths and then move their jaws by hand.

I don't think anyone was trying to blame anyone, Op was just asking a simple question. But seeing as that is where you want to take the discussion ... of course it's DE's "fault", they literally programmed it this way. Smh.

They could've chosen to program it in many other ways. It didn't have to be entirely bile, but that's what they went with. They could've included a pop-up which would've allowed players to simply say "remove shards" and automatically deduct the resources and return the shards... but hey didn't.

Why not try to be a positive influence instead. 

hace 19 minutos, (PSN)iuvenilis dijo:

If the crystals were returned to your inventory when subsuming a frame, instead of being deleted along with the frame, you still gain nothing. You don't gain extra resources or anything. Depending on what resources are required to subsume the frame, you might save yourself some 'bile' resources (I don't think the shards should all require bile, but that's a different discussion). Calling it an exploit is seems quite the stretch, gimmick or otherwise. To each their own.

6 minutes ago, Dauggie said:

people who lost it can only blame themselves, they want to blame DE for their lack of common sense. 

You don't lose mods or arcanes when you subsume a frame. So I dont think it's unreasonable to expect to get shards back. 

Not reading the warnings is of course a costly mistake. But in the real-world, mistakes are generally pretty easy to fix. Especially when we're talking about something as benign as a video game.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Interesting situation

and with the decreasing daily hunger levels of the helminth... replenishing that bile to remove Multiple Shards might become a timegate -taking several days to fully unequip all shards before deleting a Frame.

Proposal:

4 hours ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

Make sure to manually remove them. Otherwise they're gone.

Interesting situation

Proposal:

47 minutes ago, quxier said:

Have you lost shards that way?

Fortunately not, but others have. And they've vented on forums/reddit. I'd heard there was a warning about it (but we're perhaps a little too accustomed to simply clicking 'next/accept' with minimal recourse). Most of the 'irreversible' actions require some sort of "please type confirm", but deleting warframes probably doesn't, so perhaps it can be a little easier to make mistakes in that instance. 

Subsuming frames requires some sort of resource investment (afaik), although it would require less than what is needed to remove 5 shards. It would've made sense to me if shards were automatically removed when subsuming. I'm not really seeing any big exploits in that situation. It is what is, I guess.

hace 25 minutos, Noggy05 dijo:

people have lost shards by deleting or subsuming frames, it may be fixed, but imo it's better to be safe than sorry

I don't think it has to be "fixed" because for some reason ''it requires resources to unequip them''... if they "fix" it I can already see a small exploit in that.

Archived