Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I need help making the Artemis Bow good...

Layka_Kiro

Question

I have not a single clue in the world on how to make it an actually useful Exalted weapon. I've tried crits, I've tried damage, strength build, navigation, headshots. Everything I can really think of and it just sucks. I'm genuinely better off with an unmodded Exalted Blade than the Artemis Bow when it comes to the trash-tier damage I seem to have it deal.
I'm not insulting anyone that likes it, or thinks it's good, or even uses it.
"Look it up" is not a real answer and nor is a pointless "you're bad at the game" response. (I've had those in the past so I'm responding in advance)

I really want this thing to be good...

4 hours ago, (PSN)Claudija said:

I never thought of putting Ensnare on Ivara before... gotta try it out now :p

I actually have Ensnare on Nidus, and many other Warframe, because Ensnare can be re-cast at any time Vs. Larva which can not (unless Augment for Larva is used)! I think Ensnare is probably one of the best CC's in the game as it has good range with minimal LoS requirements, no maximum enemy cap for grouping, relatively inexpensive to use, above average duration, works on most enemies including Acolytes and Demolysts, and it looks cool! Winner!  The only drawback is the need to target an enemy specifically to cast, which can be frustrating when your Bulky Kubrow suddenly gets needy and blocks your shot!  You did mention you use Khora frequently, so I figured you would appreciate how good she is because of her Ensnare!

Have a pleasant tomorrow!

People have already explained bits and pieces already, but I double the recommendation for using the Augment for Artemis Bow, Concentrated Arrow. To add a bit more depth and context, and advice, this augment will give you forced Impact proccs, which pairs really well with Internal Bleeding. You do have to land headshots, but if you do, you will get a decent sized, potent AOE explosion that will have slash. 

Since you are Ivara, if you cloak, well headshots do become easier. Even better in my opinion... is if you give Ivara Khora's Ensnare... You can go invisible, Ensnare enemies, make them immobile/still, grouped together, headshot any of them, which is trivial at that point, and create a AOE slash explosion to them. 

Its great. I use this build for solo Ivara Steel Path Survivals, as it scales decently/will kill those enemies. 

Good luck! 

14 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

People have already explained bits and pieces already, but I double the recommendation for using the Augment for Artemis Bow, Concentrated Arrow. To add a bit more depth and context, and advice, this augment will give you forced Impact proccs, which pairs really well with Internal Bleeding. You do have to land headshots, but if you do, you will get a decent sized, potent AOE explosion that will have slash. 

Since you are Ivara, if you cloak, well headshots do become easier. Even better in my opinion... is if you give Ivara Khora's Ensnare... You can go invisible, Ensnare enemies, make them immobile/still, grouped together, headshot any of them, which is trivial at that point, and create a AOE slash explosion to them. 

Its great. I use this build for solo Ivara Steel Path Survivals, as it scales decently/will kill those enemies. 

Good luck! 

No need for Khora's Ensnare as Ivara comes with Noise arrow, which you can use to group enemies, then use Sleep Arrow to allow you time to aim for the head if so desired.  Not that I'm against Ensnare on anyone, but Khora isn't exactly easy and quick to obtain to feed to the Helmith, at least I don't think so.  I just wanted to offer a suggestion that didn't involve intensive farming when it's not really needed with Ivara to get the job done.  Still is a great suggestion, just a lot more work than using what Ivara already has available to her.

7 minutes ago, (XBOX)sinamanthediva said:

No need for Khora's Ensnare as Ivara comes with Noise arrow, which you can use to group enemies, then use Sleep Arrow to allow you time to aim for the head if so desired.  Not that I'm against Ensnare on anyone, but Khora isn't exactly easy and quick to obtain to feed to the Helmith, at least I don't think so.  I just wanted to offer a suggestion that didn't involve intensive farming when it's not really needed with Ivara to get the job done.  Still is a great suggestion, just a lot more work than using what Ivara already has already.

Thank you and no worries.

Yeah thats a great point about Khora's subsume, I forget its not the easiest to acquire. I'm just a big fan of it, especially in Steel Path (it basically trivialises Acolytes). Quiver is a good call/alternative. Its so versatile. I once had to use it on Deimos to get a Crescent Vulpaphyla to actually find some enemies, so it would be hurt enough for me to capture it to use as a pet (for some reason there were no enemies around, so had to trick it across the map with Noise arrows). 

Take care! 

10 minutes ago, (XBOX)sinamanthediva said:

No need for Khora's Ensnare as Ivara comes with Noise arrow, which you can use to group enemies

Have you... ever used Ivara? Noise arrow doesn't do anything in most situations. And even if it did, it would be incredibly slow to group enemies.

11 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Good luck! 

I never thought of putting Ensnare on Ivara before... gotta try it out now :p

13 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

Have you... ever used Ivara? Noise arrow doesn't do anything in most situations. And even if it did, it would be incredibly slow to group enemies.

I have used the Noise/Sleep Arrow combo before Khora even existed, so I now it works and is effective. I never said it was the most efficient and quickest method, only that it was an option that requires NO additional farming or subsuming of a Warframe to implement.

13 hours ago, taiiat said:

technically true, but Ensnare or Airburst are a lot more effective. forcefully pushing all Enemies in the general vicinity together pairs pretty perfectly.

There is no question regarding which Warframe power is more effective, I was only mentioning the Noise/Sleep Arrow combo as it requires NO farming or subsuming of any Warframe to use.  I know its hard to believe, but there are some players who haven't installed the Helmith segment and/or don't own non-prime Khora, so I was offering an alternative method for CC and easy head-shots with the Artemis Bow, without requiring any additional tasks to implement.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)sinamanthediva said:

I have used the Noise/Sleep Arrow combo before Khora even existed, so I now it works and is effective.

The last time I used Noise Arrow, it did literally nothing at all on alerted enemies. And in most mission types, enemies are permanently alerted. Survival? Noise Arrow does nothing. Excarvation? No effect. Relic cracking? No effect. Defense? No effect. Etc, pp. How can you call that "effective"? And while it will do something in, say, Extermination, enemies very slowly walking to a spot of your choosing isn't exactly effective either.

39 minutes ago, (XBOX)sinamanthediva said:

The only drawback is the need to target an enemy specifically to cast

I think the fact that enemies get trapped behind walls is an even bigger drawback. Usually you want to group enemies to kill them quickly, having some of them stuck in CC behind walls is not helpful in that situation.

Though another positive to mention, especially in Ivaras case, is that enemies remain unalerted during Ensnare.

16 hours ago, taiiat said:

technically true, but Ensnare or Airburst are a lot more effective. forcefully pushing all Enemies in the general vicinity together pairs pretty perfectly.

I actually had a go of it in Halako Perimeter... gawd so fun. The other plus to Entangle with Nataruk is how it deals that same damage to everything tied together. Was so much fun so thanking you and Confuzzled for giving me and others that idea though the Corpus on Zariman are not happy xD. Thank you guys

3 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

The last time I used Noise Arrow, it did literally nothing at all on alerted enemies. And in most mission types, enemies are permanently alerted. Survival? Noise Arrow does nothing. Excarvation? No effect. Relic cracking? No effect. Defense? No effect. Etc, pp. How can you call that "effective"? And while it will do something in, say, Extermination, enemies very slowly walking to a spot of your choosing isn't exactly effective either.

Now your just being nit-picky, as I never over-sold Noise Arrow as the end-all, cure-all for all situations and missions, it was merely to give some tips about Ivara that I'd say most people never use or even think about. In addition, it doesn't require any extra chores like hours of never-ending Sanctuary fun, to grind for Khora; nor having to deal with the Standing on Deimos to acquire the Helmith segment.  Yes it's NOT the best CC in the game, but it is an option that is available to use that requires no additional tasks to implement.  Funny thing about Ivara is she doesn't need to be speedy, since she's invisible, and Prowl forces you to be slow, she can take her time to line up a shot,  wait for Grineer to clump up from Noise Arrow, or to hack a console, none of which requires the Helmith or Sanctuary. 

9 minutes ago, Layka_Kiro said:

I thought marking an answer would lock the thread, my bad...

You need to click on the the ellipses (three dots) in the top right corner of your initial post and then select Report.  You can then request that an Admin Lock your post from further comments as you have found your answer to your Question and need no further responses.  This is the only way to properly Lock your Post to more replies.  Thank you for your courteous and friendly responses to everyone here.  I hope you can now further enjoy the Artemis Bow in your Warframe adventures! 

3 hours ago, (XBOX)sinamanthediva said:

Now your just being nit-picky, as I never over-sold Noise Arrow as the end-all, cure-all for all situations and missions, it was merely to give some tips about Ivara that I'd say most people never use or even think about. In addition, it doesn't require any extra chores like hours of never-ending Sanctuary fun, to grind for Khora; nor having to deal with the Standing on Deimos to acquire the Helmith segment.  Yes it's NOT the best CC in the game, but it is an option that is available to use that requires no additional tasks to implement.  Funny thing about Ivara is she doesn't need to be speedy, since she's invisible, and Prowl forces you to be slow, she can take her time to line up a shot,  wait for Grineer to clump up from Noise Arrow, or to hack a console, none of which requires the Helmith or Sanctuary. 

I love both Khora and Ivara so totally agree here. You called to my Ivara too as I use Infiltrate Ivara for lots of content, most currently running Zariman with my Smeeta, Vaquaera.

I do find her Prowl more skilled in the sense that like you say; she slows down even with mine who has 57% move speed due to the Ability Strength I put on plus of course; Infiltrate but I don't find the zero Bullet Jump/ Dash/ Slide such an issue as you know yourself: so many Wukong fans looove to throw at her.

Either way totally agreeing here with all your post

2 hours ago, (PSN)Claudija said:

I love both Khora and Ivara so totally agree here. You called to my Ivara too as I use Infiltrate Ivara for lots of content, most currently running Zariman with my Smeeta, Vaquaera.

I do find her Prowl more skilled in the sense that like you say; she slows down even with mine who has 57% move speed due to the Ability Strength I put on plus of course; Infiltrate but I don't find the zero Bullet Jump/ Dash/ Slide such an issue as you know yourself: so many Wukong fans looove to throw at her.

Either way totally agreeing here with all your post

Thank you for the kind words and am in awe of your 57% move speed Ivara.  You must Roll on by the WuKongs and there silly clouds.  I am happy to find someone who appreciates Ivara for what she has to offer.  I hope you have experienced the crazy fun of using Navigator with the Zenistar!  Good times!

7 hours ago, (XBOX)sinamanthediva said:

Thank you for the kind words and am in awe of your 57% move speed Ivara.  You must Roll on by the WuKongs and there silly clouds.  I am happy to find someone who appreciates Ivara for what she has to offer.  I hope you have experienced the crazy fun of using Navigator with the Zenistar!  Good times!

I swapped Navigator out for Ensnare unfortunately though I did leave her C Loadout with her natural skill set :p

9 minutes ago, (PSN)Claudija said:

you were being snarky and condescending to me as you are now, cupcake.

Responding to any question with, "read the Wiki" is not helpful at all as the OP asked directly for advice and tips not a robotic response like that. The OP also told you they had read the Wiki and it did not help them at all hence coming here so making your response unhelpful.

Saying the Wiki isn't a good resource for information is just foolish, but you do you buttercup!  And yes you are correct, you reap what you sow!

4 hours ago, (XBOX)sinamanthediva said:

Maybe if you did read the Wiki pumpkin, you might refer to the correct term, which is Exalted weapons and Venari is a companion, not an exalted companion.  There was no need to be snarky and condescending as I was only trying to be helpful since this post is under the Players helping Players category, which makes my response appropriate.  

you were being snarky and condescending to me as you are now, cupcake.

Responding to any question with, "read the Wiki" is not helpful at all as the OP asked directly for advice and tips not a robotic response like that. The OP also told you they had read the Wiki and it did not help them at all hence coming here so making your response unhelpful.

Actually the Artemis bow is decent though I don't recall how I built it.  When I first got Ivarva (before her prime was out - this is the equivalent to 'when I was your age' ) I was soloing a Corpus spy mission feeling all crafty and stealthy and the Mr. Stalker things this is a good time to visit.  I might have been farming something or it was and event mission but I needed all three and this fool spawns in at absolutely the worst time, breaks my ability, and I outright panicked.  I attacked him with my primary once (probably Rakta Cernos) and don't recall what I was trying to do but ended up accidentally shot the Artemis and he was handled; 2 shot accidentally.  For that point on I didn't dismiss her bow. 

4 hours ago, (PSN)Claudija said:

First, I'm a Khora main; I know how my cat works ty. Secondly I was explaining Exotics being an actual category of weapons or loadout equipment which is exclusive to one sole frame- if Sevagoth's wraith is an exotic so too is Venari. Garuda's Claws, Valkyr's Talons, Sevagoth's Wraith, Ivara's Artemis Bow, Titania's Dex Pixia + Diwata and Venari can be used by how many frames Mr. Wiki-knows-all? I will wait....

Instead of making such copy paste answers from Wiki, input your own tips or advice from here on out m'kay?

Have a pleasant tomorrow, Wiki-boy ;p

Maybe if you did read the Wiki pumpkin, you might refer to the correct term, which is Exalted weapons and Venari is a companion, not an exalted companion.  There was no need to be snarky and condescending as I was only trying to be helpful since this post is under the Players helping Players category, which makes my response appropriate.  

19 hours ago, Layka_Kiro said:

Yeah I mostly reach for Nataruk due to the infinite ammo and the fact that 90% of my shots are in the little "perfect" window because I've been working on being consistent.

I also find as I have Ivara set for maximum sneaking, the energy is needed for Prowl so Nataruk needing nothing more than pure damage suits me but not everyone. Go with what you like best and there's some great advice here too

18 hours ago, (XBOX)sinamanthediva said:

Not sure why you are relating Venari to Ivara Artemis Bow as one is a WEAPON the other is a Companion even if Venari is a power technically, she functions as Companion with some extra commands is all.  FYI: Venari is really handy if you use the HEAL command, of which you can Command Venari to heal Defense targets in a Sortie or squad members in an Arbitration that might need some health.   Maybe you didn't read the wiki either. Fun Fact from the Wiki: "Artemis Bow has the second-highest base damage of ALL weapons in the game, after Arquebex."

First, I'm a Khora main; I know how my cat works ty. Secondly I was explaining Exotics being an actual category of weapons or loadout equipment which is exclusive to one sole frame- if Sevagoth's wraith is an exotic so too is Venari. Garuda's Claws, Valkyr's Talons, Sevagoth's Wraith, Ivara's Artemis Bow, Titania's Dex Pixia + Diwata and Venari can be used by how many frames Mr. Wiki-knows-all? I will wait....

Instead of making such copy paste answers from Wiki, input your own tips or advice from here on out m'kay?

Have a pleasant tomorrow, Wiki-boy ;p

Concentrated Arrow is lots of fun IMO. it's a good avenue to take. in particular, remember that it stacks Range twice, as an Ability. despite that it got nerfed since it's AoE and remember all AoE in the game of any sort got nerfed - it's still pretty powerful anyways.
Internal Bleeding works nicely with it too.

but for the spreadshot, use it like a Shotgun with a fixed Spread pattern. Punch-Through and stacking Damage Multipliers and then you can chew through groups of Enemies.

Archived