Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

vampiru94

Far from being the first to suggest a Battle Royale mode into the game, doubtfully the last.

People have suggested countless times with different approaches the Battle Royale mode for warframe and the answer is always going to be the same: NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

One because Warframe is a PVE focused game, most players dont care about PVP in it.

Secondly because Conclave as is, is already a mess of unbalanced weapons and frames which DE is not going to direct resources to fixing even when that 1% of the playerbase that actually likes Convlage has asked endlessly for.

Third, a Battle Royale is a whole game of its own, adding it to Warframe will not just take up a massive time and amount of resources, it will affect the game`s identity and open way for a whole new series of bugs and fixes which will just take more time and resource to work on wile taking away from that which matters to the game and devs.

A lot of "no"s.

1. Open worlds are, perhaps, the single worst place to showcase Warframe's uniqueness—its mobility—in a PvP setting.

2. If I wanted to play a Battle Royale, I'd pick up any of the hundreds of other, purpose-built BR games out there. Pretty sure Fortnite is F2P now.

3. Weapon balancing is still a must, unless you like getting one-shot sniped from across the map with a hitscan weapon. Especially given that BR tends to be a slower-paced concept. You're going to end up with so much build-up time just to get one-tapped from a mountain.

4. Hosting between IDK how many players is a nightmare in itself.

5. It pretty much repeats all the complaints players have about existing Conclave. Things like excessive mobility, lack of matchmaking, and the like. It's more work, but where's the improvement? (Particularly the improvement a BR mode gives: the ideas to shuffle around standing gains and have more accessible rewards is nice, but has nothing to do with a BR mode.)

And of course:

On 2022-11-17 at 5:18 PM, vampiru94 said:

Maybe the most rare and  legendary reward we want from all times

Excalibur Prime 1.000.000 points

Lato Prime    750.000 points

Skana Prime 750.000 points

No.

That stays exclusive to the people who helped finance Warframe in its early days.

I wasn't one of those and I do not want to see any of that in my inventory.

EDIT:

On 2022-11-17 at 5:52 PM, BiancaRoughfin said:

Secondly because Conclave as is, is already a mess of unbalanced weapons and frames which DE is not going to direct resources to fixing even when that 1% of the playerbase that actually likes Convlage has asked endlessly for.

According to a Twitter post from Pablo, it seems they're looking at making some long-awaited changes, like addressing Saryn + Electric loops, shield gating, and Telos.

Might not be a formal balance pass, and it's not going above and beyond, but I think balance has been pretty OK outside outliers like that.

Maps : ORB VALLISPLAINS OF  EIDOLONCAMBION DRIFT (In future added The Duviri Paradox map)

The only "viable" map for a BR would be the Orb Vallis; the maik issue with Plains of Eidolon and Cambion Dift is that these can be really small even for 4 players on PvE stuff.

Limit of players for match to start 90-100 and the final moment 1/4(squad)player(s) to survive

On one hand, the engine starts struggling when there's too many enemies on the screen, it was even worse on raids with 8 players back in the day, and i can't even imagine how badly it would be with 90-100 players in a single instance of the game. 

On the other hand, even the Orb Vallis would be too small for so many players.

On 2022-11-17 at 5:52 PM, BiancaRoughfin said:

On top of that I'm sure that you, more than anyone else, has already been explained over and over again that most of the balance work is already done, that it's just a handful of bugs related to either mechanics, interactions, or specific weapons creating issues at the moment, most of which will be getting fixed soon, as pointed by Pablo in the tweet above.

Do we really need to go over the same argument for the 567567th time?

Archived