Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: PC & Xbox Chat Outage Scheduled For Today 11/21/2022

[DE]Megan

6:20pm ET

Chat is back online ahead of schedule!

Thank you!

6:03pm ET

Tinkering has begun! Will update this thread when Chat is back online.

Hello!

Quick-fire PSA to inform everyone that we'll be momentarily disabling PC & Xbox Chat tonight, November 21st, @ 6 p.m. ET, for roughly 30 minutes to do some behind-the-scenes tinkering. 

We'll update this thread when the tinkering has begun and when Chat has returned.

Thank you! 

14 minutes ago, (XBOX)HAMMERHEAD7771 said:

Hey quick question can you guys see if anybody else is having the problem where they can't trade with their friend's because every time I invite my friend to my dojo to try and trade I can't see them but whenever we do a mission we can see each other we just can't see each other in public spaces like relays or dojos

Make sure you both have cross-play turned on, if one of you don’t you guys won’t be able to trade or access the same public space.

27 minutes ago, (XBOX)HAMMERHEAD7771 said:

Hey quick question can you guys see if anybody else is having the problem where they can't trade with their friend's because every time I invite my friend to my dojo to try and trade I can't see them but whenever we do a mission we can see each other we just can't see each other in public spaces like relays or dojos

Have you checked to see if both of you have cross play toggled on? 

Let's talk about chat.  It's awful.  It's the worst chat client in any game I've played, ever.  Here are things that can be done to improve it.

1) Eliminate persistent chat buffer.  This would make linking stuff into chat while in Arsenal mid sentence more challenging, but that's about all the downside.

2) Eliminate tab switching when game context changes.  If I'm typing in DMs with someone and transition to a relay, don't put me in relay chat.

3) Stop adding and removing chat tabs.   Just make them available all the time.  Why shouldn't I retain a connection back to the chat server for Recruiting while I'm in a mission?  Make it so, Number One!

4) Add the option for a freaking LOUD notification sound (with its own volume slider, not piggybacked on anything else).  I can't be the only one who never notices chat messages while in a mission.  The lack of this is part of the reason why.

Warframe is a great game.   Surely it doesn't need to continue to be a great game with an abysmal chat client.

25 minutes ago, (XBOX)ToxicIcixoT said:

So bloody true thanks for that.....maybe just get rid of region chat altogether, cause it really needs to be shed of all the garbage being said 95 per of the time

No - you can turn region off in your settings like I did. but if they do it globally, all that spew will flood over into every other chat window.  

Just like a forum "Other" or "Off Topic", if you don't let people who want to pollute have a place to do so relatively easily, they will pollute everywhere else.

1 hour ago, Corrosiva said:

Let's talk about chat.  It's awful.  It's the worst chat client in any game I've played, ever.  Here are things that can be done to improve it.

Ummm, I've seen worse. It has quick-links to a lot of items in Warframe. Allowing easy sharing. Many commands put into it means that it is probably up there as one of the better chat clients I've seen in gaming. Actively being updated with new things. etc. 

Heck it is the most common way of communicating, I hardly see anyone use voice chat or outside sources for game communication, if chat was so awful why do I see so many people using it and nobody complaining about it?

Your "improvements" just read like minor QOL things that probably wouldn't be that impactful to the overall experience of chat.

4 minutes ago, XHADgaming said:

Ummm, I've seen worse. It has quick-links to a lot of items in Warframe. Allowing easy sharing. Many commands put into it means that it is probably up there as one of the better chat clients I've seen in gaming. Actively being updated with new things. etc. 

Heck it is the most common way of communicating, I hardly see anyone use voice chat or outside sources for game communication, if chat was so awful why do I see so many people using it and nobody complaining about it?

Your "improvements" just read like minor QOL things that probably wouldn't be that impactful to the overall experience of chat.

It's an "abysmal chat client" because of a few minor changes this person wants.  Mostly wants loud obnoxious pings every message and half your squad sitting in trade chat during missions. "Improvements" to the abysmal chat.

(XBOX)HAMMERHEAD7771

Sometimes they are spam in raijack and you can't see them but there are 2 solutions.

So I ask them to use fast travel to any lab  for example and after they  do ,you  can see them in trade post .

Now I prefer  to use another solution  and  will work 99%   invite them when you are  in orbiter(your space ship) and after then go to clan.

36 minutes ago, FallenSaberX said:

Why when someone chats in another language it shows up as a ****** why doesn't it show what ever language it is. So we can manually copy and paste it into a translator because God forbid you ever adding a translate feature.

I think it is because you don't have the necessary language pack installed for it to accurately display the characters. So there isn't even anything for you to copy/paste it.

I still see other languages in chat every now and then since it just uses English characters so it isn't a language issue. It is just that Chinese language uses different characters and that is one of the more common regions to play Warframe.

Also, you can't manually copy others chat messages to my knowledge unless you are doing some weird thing with the companion app that I am not aware about.

Archived