Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Level 40 weapons should require only one Forma to rech max level instead of 5

johnyF01

As someone who finds it more fun to level up weapons through regular use rather than power leveling, Kuva and Tenet weapons are an absolute nightmare. The 5 forma requirement is both a drag, since it means I need to level up each weapon six times before I get the full MR from it, and a huge resource dump given the amount of Kuva and Tenet weapons, plus the Paracesis, requiring dozens of Formas

I understand level 40 can make a weapon really powerful in terms of what build can be made, but I feel 1 Forma would keep the aspect of making it more powerful through it while not making it feel like an absolute chore getting them maxed out

Given the power of these weapons and that players will still use 5 or more Formas to completely build these with the strongest mods, i dont see the issue on having to add forma to level them up and get MR.

Perhaps what DE could do is, once a player has fully Mastered a Kuva/Tenet weapon (Ranked up to 40 with + 5 Formas), any other weapon of that exact type/prefix the player acquires will naturally level up to 40 tho it wont inherit the Formas.

9 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Given the power of these weapons and that players will still use 5 or more Formas to completely build these with the strongest mods, i dont see the issue on having to add forma to level them up and get MR.

You don't need 5 forma. However using 5 forma to max it is not a problem. Formas drops like candies. I have 20-30 without even farming them. You don't need that extra 1k standing - it's optional

The problems are Lenses. You need 5 forma even your weapon are ok with e.g. 3 forma.

39 minutes ago, gamingchair1121 said:

bruh I have like a single forma (which is being built into an umbra forma right now)

luckily the only thing I need to level right now is wukong's staff (likely to change soon) so that umbra forma will help

If you're lacking in Forma, Relic fissures are a good way to get more blueprints... a lot of them have Forma BPs as common drops, so if you focus on those, you should get a decent amount over time. Or even if you just play naturally, someone's going to get Forma from their relic eventually. Worst-case scenario, sell prime parts and buy 3x Forma Bundles, since that's cheaper than buying them individually

2 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

If you're lacking in Forma, Relic fissures are a good way to get more blueprints... a lot of them have Forma BPs as common drops, so if you focus on those, you should get a decent amount over time. Or even if you just play naturally, someone's going to get Forma from their relic eventually. Worst-case scenario, sell prime parts and buy 3x Forma Bundles, since that's cheaper than buying them individually

yeah that's what I do

8 hours ago, gamingchair1121 said:
8 hours ago, quxier said:

Formas drops like candies

bruh I have like a single forma (which is being built into an umbra forma right now)

luckily the only thing I need to level right now is wukong's staff (likely to change soon) so that umbra forma will help

Are you not playing game, especially void fissures? I've once run ~26 radiants (solo) to "try it" and I've gotten 5 uncommon forma. Uncommon forma is very disrespectful thing that you will get... unless you are lucky. Recently there were few-forma alert that lasted 10 days afair. I don't think I've ever bothered with that... lol. Last nightwave (finishing soon!) had 6 formas. Then there are containers, hunts and other "rare" drops.

It's not that every update I need to drop 20 or 30 formas. They stack pretty quickly. With Echoes of Veilbreaker I updated... my kuva Chakharrrr from 36 to 40 rank. If you are new player, then yes, you need many formas. Otherwise it's you are lying Hydroid sailing on the water.

On 2022-11-21 at 1:37 PM, BiancaRoughfin said:

Perhaps what DE could do is, once a player has fully Mastered a Kuva/Tenet weapon (Ranked up to 40 with + 5 Formas), any other weapon of that exact type/prefix the player acquires will naturally level up to 40 tho it wont inherit the Formas.

i disagree with that first part, but because you are kinda right. Unless a weapon has built in polarities it may require several forma to get everything you want on it, but once you do that you don't need it to be level 40 anymore.

To me leveling the weapons to 40 is pointless because by the time i can actually do it, i don't need the extra mod slots it gives me.

15 hours ago, RottedApples said:

i disagree with that first part, but because you are kinda right. Unless a weapon has built in polarities it may require several forma to get everything you want on it, but once you do that you don't need it to be level 40 anymore.

To me leveling the weapons to 40 is pointless because by the time i can actually do it, i don't need the extra mod slots it gives me.

I find the additional levels useful and wish it applied to everything, rather than weapons with already higher stats than other variants with some having better performance for general play than most weapons. I sometimes want to use a mod with a different polarity and the additional levels let me do that. My Kuva Karak has 6 mod configurations and one is sitting at 0 remining mod capacity.

Although, OP's complaint isn't about its usefulness anyways... It doesn't make sense to be a completionist and then complain about the fact one is a completionist. MR is an unimpactful aspect of the game once you're past a point, and it's a personal issue when someone wants to go after it all.

On 2022-11-21 at 12:37 PM, BiancaRoughfin said:

Counter argument. The increasing of mod capacity actually reduces the need for putting 5 whole forma on.

I say keep the mod capacity system as it is but give us the full mastery for the weapon at rank 30. That way minmaxers get something to work towards without forcing everyone else to dump a bunch of forma into weapons that clearly don't need them.

It should be a forma-saving mechanic (since you will only need 2-3 whereas a normal weapon without the extra mod capacity would need 4-5) rather than a forma sink.

9 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Mod cap only increases with the use of forma on the Kuva/Tenet weapons so your counter argument is invalid.

Counter argument. Increasing the level of the weapon via forma increases the mod capacity as they are intrinsically linked. Otherwise I wouldn’t be looking at my 1 forma Paracesis with 64 capacity. So your counter argument counter argument is invalid.

56 minutes ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Increasing the level of the weapon via forma increases the mod capacity as they are intrinsically linked.

Everyone here knows that, so +Forma means +Max Levels which in turn gives +Mod Cap. At no moment did i say otherwise.

Did you even read what my original post was proposing or just peeked over it briefly?

В 22.11.2022 в 06:48, quxier сказал:

Formas drops like candies.

They used to drop like that.  And that's why we rarely get the plague star anymore .
But in terms of the post - i do agree that 2-3 formas should be enough for mastery and lense equipping- since there are so many of them already.
full 40/40 capacity is not that needed for a full build . so can stay as a luxury for 5/5 formas.
YEP

• 2 weeks later...

Archived