Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are We Expecting A Data Wipe In Update 7?

Jinpu

According to Steve in the Livestream the frame upgrade trees have once again been redesigned. So our frames will get a forced reset, just like update 6.

There's been no talk about a forced frame reset whatsoever. Also, thinking like that would mean weapons would be reset as well in update 7, since they're getting entirely different systems for skill trees as well. Even though DE_Steven explicitly stated they will try to avoid resets, even though it would make his life a lot easier.

(+3 internetz for who finds the 'pun' in here)

Upto 170 pages of mods. I'm honestly very thankful that you're not going to just delete them! I'd just like to beg/grovel a little... Please please please don't make me trade them in one at a time with two confirmation boxes. I will cry sad tears if so :(

There's been no talk about a forced frame reset whatsoever. Also, thinking like that would mean weapons would be reset as well in update 7, since they're getting entirely different systems for skill trees as well. Even though DE_Steven explicitly stated they will try to avoid resets, even though it would make his life a lot easier.

How exactly would the upgrade trees be redesigned without a reset? Are they going to assign our points for us into the new trees? That's ridiculous.

How exactly would the upgrade trees be redesigned without a reset? Are they going to assign our points for us into the new trees? That's ridiculous.

What? For one, you don't even know how the skill system is going to work out anyway. But even apart from that, why would it need a complete reset? Sure, skillpoints or whatever the new system is going to use will have to be 'refunded', but why couldn't frames/weapons stay at rank 30 so you can immediately use those skillpoints? I really don't understand how you come to the conclusion that the game would've to assign the points.

What? For one, you don't even know how the skill system is going to work out anyway. But even apart from that, why would it need a complete reset? Sure, skillpoints or whatever the new system is going to use will have to be 'refunded', but why couldn't frames/weapons stay at rank 30 so you can immediately use those skillpoints? I really don't understand how you come to the conclusion that the game would've to assign the points.

Gah! We've both misunderstood each other. I didn't mean everything would reset to rank 0, I just meant we would have to re-spend our points as we did in update 6, which is what I said in my first post.

Quite simple, just as in Update 6. Remove all points from Upgrade Tree. Assign appropriate upgrade points in relativity to previous progress (If your scale is 30 now, and 60 after, you turn 20 points into 40, etc.) and on login, players can assign points as desired. I don't see an issue there. A forced respec is a quite smooth solution.

OP seemed to ask if Update 7 was when the wipe/optional wipe would occur, not if there would ever be one at all. With that said, this thread has made me curious about when the wipe will come.

Could just be me.

*looks at thread*

Yeah, just me.

OP seemed to ask if Update 7 was when the wipe/optional wipe would occur, not if there would ever be one at all. With that said, this thread has made me curious about when the wipe will come.

Could just be me.

*looks at thread*

Yeah, just me.

Nope, not alone there ;) I too wonder if there will be a wipe...But seeing how intently we are listened to, perhaps DEvs won't wipe our progress at all, which would be quite awesome if you ask me.

Edited by xxx7

Nope, not alone there ;) I too wonder if there will be a wipe...But seeing how intently we are listened to, perhaps DEvs won't wipe our progress at all, which would be quite awesome if you ask me.

But...I said when...and people in the thread have posted the FAQ that says they don't plan on one...so why...do you still wonder if...

I accidentally my brain.

Quite simple, just as in Update 6. Remove all points from Upgrade Tree. Assign appropriate upgrade points in relativity to previous progress (If your scale is 30 now, and 60 after, you turn 20 points into 40, etc.) and on login, players can assign points as desired. I don't see an issue there. A forced respec is a quite smooth solution.

That's actually what I was trying to say in my first post in this thread.

I posted here to try and reduce confusion and all I've done so far is cause it.

But...I said when...and people in the thread have posted the FAQ that says they don't plan on one...so why...do you still wonder if...

I accidentally my brain.

I must have misread your post then.

As for why if: Because some people claimed it, so I'm just looking around to see whether this is true or not :)

They are obviously going to be reseting levels in the sence that youll be losing all your leveled slots you currently have and depending on how the new system works using points apropriate to your warframe/weapons level to upgrade. There is no reason to reset everything back to level 1 as the Devs have stated in different terms. Essentially everyone will be getting a free respec on all their warframe and weapons.

Im still personally hoping that the Devs open up the option for players to reset their accounts to starting so that those of us who may be in the minority can play the new content with fresh eyes without have the hangups and burdens of already established accounts that may miss out on how the new content functions in its entirety. But I definetly do not wish a reset on anyone who does not want one as long as its not necessary to the changes that would occur now or in future content updates.

Edited by Yehlan