Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help with Lich

(XBOX)Player244024418

Question

I'm desperately looking for some advice. I was lucky to have my lich appear during a mission with a helper and was finally able to defeat her. The helper did most of the work, thank you anonymous lich slayer!

image?url=MSVnmBUo_fHjbLYMjAEUQ9p3KJ8fac

So I read the instructions and it says to follow my lich in RJ. I see on Saturn there's a bloody lich mission.

What do I do now? Kill the lich again? Do the parazon orders change again? Is the Kuva Seer worth this effort?

I also fear in RJ I am usually alone due to these missions not being that popular so I'm not sure I can beat the lich alone. Ugh this is so hard. I can run a zariman exterminate 115 level solo but this lich is such a pain LOL. 

15 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

As mentioned earlier by another replier, Liches/Sisters have a sort of damage attenuation

Just to share. I woke up at 4am and took out my lich a few hours ago! It was easier than I thought. I used RevPrime and brought a spectre with me. FYI I cannot generate more than one. Maybe it is a bug but I created a force spectre then a vapor spectre and the force spectre instantly died. But, i cast my 2 Mesmer skin then my 1 on the lich to convert her to an ally and that gave me some extra time because my lich was my ally so i was able to hack at her with my dual keres prime for a bit and also confused the other grineer. Then having knell prime was helpful bc it seems like she adapted to my damage and while focused on my spectre I was able to get two headshots with full auto and took her down to the final choice on the second burst. I ended her and took the gun. I was able to do Saturn RJ solo as well so two proud moments at the same time.

Kuva Hek is very strong against Liches/Sisters

Yeah I hope one day. Maybe I'll spawn another? LOL

You can either choose from what you do have

I have a lot of weapons just not sure which to forma. That's the problem. I've forma-d several and they don't help much (acceltra).

Wisp Spectres are really good

Don't have that BP. Will look into it.

14 hours ago, iHaku said:

just do it solo with an invisible frame. liches cant see you when you're invis, literally a free kill, they cant even fight back. infact, most of the game can be done in invis toddler mode with frames like ivara, octavia or even loki.

I do have Octavia prime. Not sure how to go invisible. I'll look into that.

14 hours ago, iHaku said:

you can also have a panzer cat from deimos. after it uses spores, if it lands on the lich, its as good as dead. since damage is scaled

Mind explaining this more? I do have a crescent vulphala is that a panzer cat? LOL I'm so clueless.

14 hours ago, (XBOX)sinamanthediva said:

I recommend the Wisp Tenno Specter (assum,ing you have Wisp) as well

Gotcha, i don't have wisp. Will look into that as well. But i think I need to get better with my existing prime frames (Nidus, Octavia, Volt, Chroma, Zephyr and just crafted GarudaP). I have wukong and some other regulars. Most of the frames mentioned i don't have. I'm crafting Gyre now.

30 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

I've been running Earth/mantle capture to accumulate arcanes from acolytes. Got deadhead for primary to level 2. However the Acceltra really needs half a magazine to take out a grineer. I use my dual keres which works very well even on the acolyte. In fact the acolyte gets chopped pretty quickly. Very easy kill. So I'm not using Acceltra much at all. BTW, the wiki says you get primary arcanes if you kill acolytes with your primary but I've been meleeing and have gotten a few primary Deadheads today already.

Yah, melee is still super strong, especially if you use a primer like the Kuva Nukor or Epitaph first on them. And yes, it sometimes takes almost the whole magazine to kill some enemies, but the Acceltra gets the job done which you can't say for most of the weapons. Have you tried the Felarx yet? I'm having a blast with it, at least for the daily SP incursions and makes quick work of acolytes.

1 hour ago, m_a_r_c_h_ said:

Yes, I've noticed that the riven does offer some benefits

I've been running Earth/mantle capture to accumulate arcanes from acolytes. Got deadhead for primary to level 2. However the Acceltra really needs half a magazine to take out a grineer. I use my dual keres which works very well even on the acolyte. In fact the acolyte gets chopped pretty quickly. Very easy kill. So I'm not using Acceltra much at all. BTW, the wiki says you get primary arcanes if you kill acolytes with your primary but I've been meleeing and have gotten a few primary Deadheads today already.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

I think the riven and primdead arcane make a huge difference. I have everything else and put hellfire instead of the riven and against SP grineer it's still weak. Working on earth mantle runs to get arcanes now...

If you mean the Acceltra, I do use it with Xata's Whisper or Eclipse a lot, but it should be more than adequate for lower level steel path. Yes, I've noticed that the riven does offer some benefits, but it's a low disposition so it's not OP. This guy has a couple of builds that works in SP as well and he mentions that in the video. It will not one shot most SP enemies like the Felarx will though. In SP I also use specters to make my life easier. 😉

22 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Eight formas... I think I'm at 5 already LOL. I have all that except the riven and PCR. Helllooooo Baro? Haha

I'm also fabricating the felarx right now. Would appreciate a screenshot on that one if you're willing?

Got the build from YT and I have to throw one more forma on it to max out some mods, but this is the build. Need to experiment with reload mechanics as right now it's a little slow. I use it with a secondary that has Eject Magazine mod, switch to that shoot a little and switch back to find it reloaded, so that works well. It's so good, you will be very happy with it once it's done.

felarx.jpg

23 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

I have a lot of weapons just not sure which to forma. That's the problem. I've forma-d several and they don't help much (acceltra).

Glad you were able to take care of the lich, sounds like you won't have any trouble with the rest of the content. I wasn't that impressed with the Seer, but don't give up on the Acceltra. Try something like this crit build once you get the mods and throw at least 8 forma on it to try different things. You'll need the carrier sentinel for ammo. I farmed another just to try different builds, but so far none are better than the one in the image below for me. Hunter munitions is behind the riven. It will be super effiecient for anything but higher level SP and even then still pretty good combined with secondary primers and melees. These days, Felarx is the go to (at least for me) for steel path.

acceltra2022.jpg

10 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Kuva weapons are pretty potent though, since you can give them an innate element, and they come with more Mod capacity, plus other advantages. 

Yeah looking forward to using it but I will add one more forma. I did see the fusion option but baby steps first ... I assume you need multiple Kuva Seers for that LOL. Going to see how she does tomorrow 

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Thanks! From the original lich image it says weapon bonus 35% and I believe that's the symbol for electricity. Correct? I'm going to get another one or two formas on this bad boy and see what it can do. The total dps is already very high for only one forma so I'm hoping this weapon will help with SP enemies.

Yep thats an electric Kuva Seer, the elemental bonus is determined by which Warframe you use, to create a Lich. You were Caliban at the time, so Electricity. If you were Frost would be Cold, if you were Nidus would be Toxin, if you were Ember would be Heat. Mesa and Mag would be Magnetic. Rhino would be Impact. 

Each element has around 7 to 8 Warframes that can be used. The percent amount is randomised, but will be between 25% minimum, and 60% maximum. Generally, from what I remember, its slanted towards lower percentages (so you are more likely to be closer to 25% than 60% most of the time). 

You can also merge weapons. You may have seen that option if you added a catalyst to the weapon, its called "Valence Fusion" will let your Kuva weapon get to a max 60% bonus. 

I personally don't actually know too much about the Kuva Seer. I gravitated more towards Primary weapons, and I liked the Kuva Kraken a little more, but not because of power reasons, just liked the sound it made and firing type. If you want to know whats really popular, Kuva Secondary, that would be the Kuva Nukor, but its also important to develop your own preferences and tastes too. Kuva Nukor was so popular, it started to become ubiquitous so was nerfed a bunch. Generally speaking most of the Kuva weapons are pretty potent though, since you can give them an innate element, and they come with more Mod capacity, plus other advantages. 

2 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Congratulations on your victory against the Lich and Saturn Railjack!

Thanks! From the original lich image it says weapon bonus 35% and I believe that's the symbol for electricity. Correct? I'm going to get another one or two formas on this bad boy and see what it can do. The total dps is already very high for only one forma so I'm hoping this weapon will help with SP enemies. 

2 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

It sounds like you did great to keep modifying and adjusting your strategy mid match

Thanks yeah, I even went to operator a couple times when shields when red. Definitely getting better and more natural at controlling all the aspects of the game. Yes, I will definitely be looking to get some additional Lich weapons for sure. Thanks for all the help everyone!

Congratulations on your victory against the Lich and Saturn Railjack!

Just to clarify, there are some Specters, you can only have one of. Usually its by type. Tenno Specters (the type that copy from your load out), are categorised as one type. So yeah the Vapour, Force etc type only one. That is usually fine though, as it could be a bit over powered otherwise. For example, they can supply you with buffs. Its what makes the Wisp Spectre so good, with her increased health, health regen, speed and electric CC. That being said, you can deploy it with say a Clem Clone, Ancient Healer, Roller Spectres all at once. 

Whichever weapons you have, whose damage is mostly or closer to single shot or single instance. Think about like comparing real life shotguns versus small automatic machine gun fire, or heavy calibre rifle compared to a smaller automatic. The more health you can take off with one button press, the better. There are some exceptions, like the Knell/Knell Prime can be pretty effective, as I suspect the Laetum and Phenmor would be. Dual Keres and Acceltra may struggle a little bit because you are correct, the adaptation takes hold, plus you can only put so many statuses on Liches. Dual Keres is generally strong because it can accumulate a lot of slash damage on enemies with fast strikes, Liches operate on different levels. 

It sounds like you did great to keep modifying and adjusting your strategy mid match to use your entire arsenal to beat the Lich, which really, is probably more exciting and fun. So thats great!

Also nice! I see you discovered one secret about Lich weapons, at rank 32? I wonder if that goes higher... 

Good luck! I do personally recommend getting more Lich weapons (and some Sister weapons), they are some of the more fun weapons, and most powerful as well, plus they have most weapon types in them, so if you like shotguns, or automatic rifles, or pistols, or beam weapons, or explosive weapons, all their. They are a little limited on just normal regular bows though.)

If you have a Necramech just pop out your Voidrig and blast away!  Specter  (Tenno Clones) Blueprints are a mission completion Reward for any RESCUE mission on the Star Chart. There are 4 different types of Specters with the difference amongst them being the Spawn Level. For example the highest Specter is Cosmic and it will Spawn at +10 levels, so if in a Mission with Level 40 enemies, the Tenno Specter will spawn at Level 50.  You craft the Specters in the Foundry and will be created from the Warframe and all weapons selected currently.  Like others have mentioned you can only have any ONE Tenno Specter out at a time and one of each type of Syndicate Specter along with Baro's Specters you might have purchased. I recommend the Wisp Tenno Specter (assum,ing you have Wisp) as well, since the Wisp specter will always pop out the three motes for health, speed, and electricity zap which are always useful in missions.  Anyways I hope these and the other great suggestions help you Vanquish your Lich!

Have a pleasant tomorrow!

just do it solo with an invisible frame. liches cant see you when you're invis, literally a free kill, they cant even fight back. infact, most of the game can be done in invis toddler mode with frames like ivara, octavia or even loki. ash has invis aswell, but its the shortest and because of it most energy consuming one which can be very problematic for new players so i wouldnt recommend him. (tho do be carefull with radiation procs, as they make enemies fight each other which can cause stray bullets to hit you)

alternatively you can also have a panzer cat from deimos. after it uses spores, if it lands on the lich, its as good as dead. since damage is scaled, it will simple kill it in less than a minute with zero input from you. just run away or hide in voidmode. the spores disappear tho if the cat goes into temp dead mode, so just go invisible with the cat together. you literally dont even need a gun that way (ofc guns are way faster tho)

Hey there! 

Liches can be pretty tough. Some of the other replies have already answered some of your questions. 

Usually when people experience difficulty with Liches, its two different things. Either they find it hard to survive? Or they find their damage a bit lacking. Or often a mixture of those two main issues. 

So sometimes its about assessing your potential options, and acquiring new options. Like Banshee is a pretty potent Lich killer, because her Sonar ability will work, give you weak spots on Liches, and with the right weapons allow you to kill it very fast. You may not like or have Banshee though, which is fair. She can also be a bit squishy, but you can counter this with an ability like Silence. Still... some practice with her and being evasive, and the right weapons to take advantage of highlighting weak spots is also important. Hard hitting Crit weapons for example. 

As mentioned earlier by another replier, Liches/Sisters have a sort of damage attenuation. 

So, try and think about how you will survive? Like Ivara is another interesting choice, as she can go Invisible, and she has an ability that boosts her Crit (Dashwire) and she gets other damage increases from being in stealth, so taking her with a powerful Crit weapon and getting headshots... Loki and Ash can also stealth for survivability too, and have advantages, like say if you want to take a melee build. Other Warframes are tanky because of high health/armour, so Inaros/Lavos etc 

Weapon wise, a weapon like the Kuva Hek is very strong against Liches/Sisters. Its alt fire specifically. You can one or two shot many Liches with a close attack to their head. Of course.. its a weapon you also get from a Lich... but yeah. High damage, high pellet, high multishot weapons, with decent/good Crit stats, are great for Liches, high status, beam weapons are the opposite. 

You can either choose from what you do have, and try and pick the best alternatives, or slowly try to acquire some of those items that will help you sooner. For example, I highly recommend trying to get a Kuva Hek if you plan on doing more Liches/Sisters, as that will really help. 

Good luck and if you are creating Spectres to use for assistance, Wisp Spectres are really good. Depending what Syndicate you are with, the Spectres you can buy from Cephalon Suda are great as well, as they can replenish your shields. Take care! 

23 hours ago, Wrath_Of_Chrysalis said:

You just need to down them one more time and choose if you'll convert them into an ally (not really that useful) or kill them for the gun. 

If I don't succeed will the lich leave RJ and I have to parazon then again or just restart the RJ mission until I succeed? Just want to make sure in case I only get one shot at it LOL

9 minutes ago, (PSN)CeetjeBeetje said:

Sorry, noob question for sure:

How many of those specters can you spawn simultaneously? Can you spawn different levels of specters together? Like 12 '1 stars' and 6 '4 stars', for example? If so, that's pretty insane!

You can only use 1 (of any level) of the Tenno Specters at a time. But you can also spawn Clem and 1 each of the various Syndicate specters and the odd Baro offering, so you can generate a small army if you want to. And then there are the time-limited spawns like On Call crew and the new landing craft to further boost numbers.

You can also make Oberon mains cry by having Renewal try heal all of them.

3 hours ago, m_a_r_c_h_ said:

Use a lot of specters

2 hours ago, (NSW)Probably_Asleep said:

I spawned every single specter in the game

What are these specters? Sounds like I would benefit from them. Edit...i assume the phase spectre x10 one can build. Duh. I'm going to build 20 and employ them all LOL

I forgot I can use my mech in RJ. That will probably help.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Is the Kuva Seer worth this effort?

My first Lich had a Kuva Seer. I did everything wrong. I farmed murmurs, did every mission node, hunted down every Requiem mod, and let him get to level 5. It was three weeks of farming and only about a tenth of that was needed to take him down.

By the end I was so done with him that I spawned every single specter in the game, hopped into a Necramech, and just watched bitterly as my army obliterated him. I felt more like a villain than a hero at that point.

Then I got the Kuva Seer and it was...

Spoiler

meh

I doubt it will become your favorite, but with enough investment it can take down enemies even at the Steel Path. (Then again, that can be said for almost any weapon)

I keep mine for the memories.

Yes, you need to kill it again, but you don’t need to mess with parazon. I find the final confrontation easier than any other confrontation. There are always plenty of good players willing to help you in the recruit chat in-game. Use a lot of specters if you want an easier time. GL

Archived