The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What frames do you guys put your Archon shards into? What builds?

Zakkhar

I haven't used any due to the anti-experimentation cost of 50% bile per shard, but I would probably just be slotting casting speed everywhere as it's the best opportunity cost modifier for most Warframes. The other bonuses are mostly saturated already.

limbo: 3 hp for more survivability, cast speed, parkour velocity for speedrunning

yareli: armor because it gives it to merulina, cast speed for aquablades augment spam

wukong: strength for that last bit I need for full tharros strike armor strip, 2 cast speed for tharros strike spamming (like seriously people need to use the staff more its actually good)

My favorite use so far has been 5 crimson shards on Xaku. All in duration for now, until I can get more Tauforged. It allowed me to remove a partially ranked Narrow Minded, and swap it for rolling guard. Used him to solo the recent Archon hunt disruption with ease with the changes too. Damn Tauforged keeping the best build options limited for now. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I was hoarding them for a bit, but after putting some cast speed on Mag, I just went crazy and just started using all my shards on whatever frame I felt like using that session. My builds are already so good, I feel like I don't need to min/max the shards and just slot whatever feels good at the moment.

I have 4 blues (one being tauforged. All on armor) and an amber (casting speed) on Frost P. I officially created my Fortress Frost that loves to play in SP survival as a walking tank. 😂

Umbra has two reds (melee crit) and two blues (shield and armor). A little beefier but a ton of high speed fun!

Yareli has 3 blues (armor) and things have become a bit...unfair now. Lol!!

My Pillage Mesa is a 100% armor strip build. 4 tou blue energy , 1 tou red power strength for 331 power strength after x250 kills. Arcane Energize and Augmented. Viral on her regs. Pillage gives her status canceling, 1400+ shields combined with her shatter shield and an ancient healer. She now has infinite scaling and defenses. @(XBOX)ECCHO SIERRA

Next project is my other main Nova. Will gather 4 tou red for max duration. 

11 hours ago, chaotea said:
14 hours ago, quxier said:

Wouldn't it be better to put some armor instead of shield?

Na. (this is my steel path build) So because xakus alway got his ult up, that 75% dodge chance means my sheild rarely takes enough hits to actually go down, so health based increase isnt worth while, as while your not getting hit the sheild recharges. Its more about helping me with a larger pool if i need to react to an aoe or dot.

But if you get hit and shield go down you might get less shield gating (1.3 to 0.3 afair) because you haven't fully regenerated your shield.

11 hours ago, (NSW)Vampire_Mika said:

Styanax: 5 blue shards all shields

For shields or maybe for his passive crit? In second case it's just 18.75% increase.

On Titania I removed Arcane Energize and replaced it with +175% extra energy from orbs and it's actually more reliable (probably even 150% from 3 normal shards is good), then replaced Natural Talent with 2 of the casting speed shards.

Now I can play with the Energize slot, Precision getting procs off of Pixia is really nice for switch bombing builds, it's an extra +300% damage to my bombing runs and also is a decent Pixia boost. The really crazy combo I tried now is Combat Discipline + Arcane Avenger + Crit damage on Pixia in the one flex slot. That takes Pixia from 10% / 2.0x to I think 55% / 4.2x with one Arcane slot and one mod slot on Pixia and the DPS boost is just vicious so it's nice for Razorwing only builds!

I'm also thinking about using it for Molt Reconstruct for my weird Fairy Godmother Dispensary / healing / team support build I am working on lol

I am usually using Transient Fortitude in place of Natural Talent now that casting speed is covered, it has taken my super high range CC builds from like 104% power to 159% power which is also a big damage boost.

Combined with the like 50% extra casting power and my choice of +300% damage or an actual good crit hybrid Pixia, shards seem small but they are actually a really crazily huge boost if you use them carefully!

15 hours ago, Yakhul said:

I only have a full set of shards for my main Frost Prime.

2 Azure: health and armor
1 Tau Azure: Armor
1 Amber: Cast speed
1 Tau Crimson: Power Str

All i need is a Tau amber and another pair of Tau Azure, and my frost gonna be complete.

The azure shards on Frost Prime is just insane, especially tauforged. I run a similar build along with Parasitic Armor and, my God, he is a monster. 

1 minute ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

The azure shards on Frost Prime is just insane, especially tauforged. I run a similar build along with Parasitic Armor and, my God, he is a monster. 

yush! It is my dream to have 3 Tauforged for Armor only. Or if i wanna have a bit of HP, i can use one for HP and 2 for Armor. The red shard is there only to reach 100% armor strip, and once i have a tau amber, i can forget about Natural Talent completely!

I effectively turned my Frost into an Ice Fortress wherever i go.

Mag Prime, 2 orange casting speed

Gara Prime, 2 red shard duration

Frost Prime, 3 blue energy max

Garuda Prime, 2 orange casting speed

Ember Prime, 2 blue energy max

few shards left and yet to decide on which frames to use on, couldn't care less about 50% bile cost, i have so many resources it's a drop in the ocean.

9 hours ago, quxier said:

But if you get hit and shield go down you might get less shield gating (1.3 to 0.3 afair) because you haven't fully regenerated your shield.

IDK, i rarely, if ever, get 1 tapped in warframe. So sheild gatings not an issue. The bonus on xaku for sheild is better as i see it because xakus not really got any natural hp regen, so increasing the pool of ignorable damage is better.

Nothing solid at the moment, just threw in Armor, Heal, and Cast Speed on my usual Slow Nova.

Have a build mind though - Slowva that reaches 300% duration at least for a moment (for Null Star, to be replenished with 4's Aug), max slow (so at least +45% Strength), 3 umbrals, >=400 energy (in case of Energy Reduction Sortie so I can still cast 4), Adaptation, Rage, P. Sure Footed. I'll need 2 Tau Azure (max energy), and a Crimson (duration). 2 Tau Ambers for energy orb effectiveness will help. Trying to push her tankiness against Sentients just because.

I'll need to add 3 more forma and leave only 1 slot blank, however, which severely hurts flexibilty in experimenting and can break my other configs so I'm still considering.

Haven't used a single one. I don't have many because my play time dropped significantly when I saw how terrible the Khal missions were. I want nothing to do nonframe combat and I won't play it. No rewards are good enough to play that trash. That leaves archon hunts, but it doesn't take long to realize that it will take the rest of my life to get the shards required to min/maxed the frames I enjoy playing.

I guess, if I wanted to go all in on shards, casting speed from amber would be nice so I could drop natural talent on a bunch of frames. Crimson would be nice to reach strength breakpoints for certain frames/abilities. Use xaku, caliban, styanax and oberon for full strip at 200%str for example. So, 2x tau crimson + 1x crimson would give 40% + 60% molt augmented would give 200% with no str mods. Then I could 2x amber for casting speed and drop natural talent freeing up 2-3 mod slots. That's just one obvious choice, but that's takes like 12 full 3 week rotations or about 8.5 months for 4 frames if you hit tau crimson 66% of the time. Ain't nobody got time for that.

If there was a reliable way to target and acquire specific shards in a reasonable amount of time then experimentation would be encouraged and I would put the effort into coming up with shard builds. Right now it's pointless. I don't have the time or energy to sink into giving a single #*!% about shards. 

Revenant-  4 red (power strength) 1 yellow (starting energy). Allows for maxed Gloom with 145% range.  Spawn+activate 2+activate Gloom=easy mode with Zariman weapons.

Titania - 4 blue (armor) 1 yellow (starting energy)  Combined with Arcane Energize, allows for immediate activation of Razorwing and enough damage reduction that I can tank Steel Path.

Trinity- 2 blue (armor) 1 red (power strength 1 yellow (starting energy)  Allows for 30 second Link with 75% Damage Reduction.  Only die if I go afk.

Volt - 2 yellow (starting energy)  Allows for optimized Capacitance build for wiping ESO for daily reputation gathering.

As my name suggests, I'm putting all the good ones on my Zephyr first. However I have only one Tauforged... An Amber one.

So with Zephyr I'm purely going with the option to replace a Mod so that I have a free slot for changing my build around more. I've put on two Red Duration ones that let me drop Augur Message. The free slot is used for pretty much any kind of silliness; I can now mess around with both my go-to Jet Stream build, but also meme with a Target Fixation build... which I managed to two-shot an Acolyte with on Steel Path... so... the meme is real ^^ I also slotted two regular Amber shards for Casting Speed, and a Blue for Health Regen.

Why Health Regen? Because I'm lazy. I will (eventually) get pinged with a little Health damage. It happens. This way I literally do not have to care. That's the only reason ^^

Other frames include Ivara or Titania, frames that have low casting speed, or need a high Energy pool, and can benefit from having the effects of modding Preparation on, but save the mod slot. Ivara, specifically, benefits from her Prowl augment having a Parkour Speed Amber Shard slotted, because rolling is her main means of locomotion ^^

I'm going to hold my hand for the other frames, I really want to see if there's builds where I can use these to take off certain mods, or whether the frames are relegated to only having basic bonuses that normal modding leaves a little short.

For my mirage the goal is to extend the mines to the highest viable level possible, so the range is high, the strenght is high, the roar is present and i boosted said stats even further with the red crystal, all to make sure the instakill on spawn ability works for as long as possible

Spoiler

VSEGrx1.jpg

Chroma i just went with more survivability, the healing rates are dents and so is the damage output so ensuring that he can't die is helpfull

Spoiler

WB3ZW05.jpg

Saryn i just increased the cast speed since she is a caster, wisp subsume is great but the animation is long, so this surely helps making the casting near instant

Spoiler

PthYVfL.jpg

Hildryn it being my main does get a different treatment, i'm planing on using as many defensive tauforged shards here, so i can make room for other crystals, the extra damage on melee will help but i am not bound to it and can easily swap, so far i have 1 red crystal but plan on having atleast 2 eventually.

My melee weapon is a heavy attack oriented pennant, granting me that high damage when my other weapons and abilities fail

My original idea (which i am hopefull) is that range increasing shards will exist in the future, not to add more range to hildryn, but mainly to replace 1 or 2 mods in her build as the mods are considered "diminishing returns". If i add range via shards, then i will be able to place up to 2 new mods in her build, that would be great.

Spoiler

p0sxdBm.jpg

I have other warframes with shards, but they are still in development and don't have many shards

1 hour ago, KIREEK said:

For my mirage the goal is to extend the mines to the highest viable level possible, so the range is high, the strenght is high, the roar is present and i boosted said stats even further with the red crystal, all to make sure the instakill on spawn ability works for as long as possible

Explosive legerdemain? how's that working out with the ammo drop changes? I haven't used it in a while.

Archived