The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What frames do you guys put your Archon shards into? What builds?

Zakkhar

Just now, L3512 said:

Explosive legerdemain? how's that working out with the ammo drop changes? I haven't used it in a while.

I see no difference, enemies eventually start dying in spawns just as normal. After a certain level they stop dying instantly due to high armor, shields and health and it ain't caused by the lack of mines from ammo.

2 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

I see no difference, enemies eventually start dying in spawns just as normal. After a certain level they stop dying instantly due to high armor, shields and health and it ain't caused by the lack of mines from ammo.

Good to see it works well still, damage drop off was always an issue with Mirage being good for eight zones of ESO nuking before rapidly dropping off. I sort of want to try it as a simple CO buff but haven't gotten around to it yet.

5 minutes ago, L3512 said:

Good to see it works well still, damage drop off was always an issue with Mirage being good for eight zones of ESO nuking before rapidly dropping off. I sort of want to try it as a simple CO buff but haven't gotten around to it yet.

I use explosive legerdemain Mirage builds for SP survival and all her 2 does is cc and proc status for CO. If you're on a dark tile set like some Grineer ones the jewels blind enemies which can be pretty useful. Especially if you pair it with something like shooting gallery/muzzle flash. I don't even run high strength on her for my SP builds because her 2 won't kill and eclipse is inconsistent.

The only problem is that if you have too much range it can stop the flow of enemies with too much aoe cc and it's hard to keep up life support when you have to chase down enemies.

2 hours ago, Lokryn said:

I was watching looking through that link yesterday. Personally i cannot speak for any other frames other than Frost and Revenant.

On the chart, for both, he recommends 2 amber and 3 crimson. Personally, as a Frost main, and somehow Revenant too (i did not played it very often back then, but now i use it quite often now), Azure shards are vastly underrated. Armor is very important for Frost, as it makes him and his snowglobe sturdier, and for Revenant, bigger energy pool = more uptime on Dance Macabre (for those who use it).

It's very much a personal taste thing, IMO... no best builds out there for shards.

I use shard setups that give me more modding freedom, rather than min-maxing stats.

Most of the time, I'm working out ways to reach the armor-strip threshhold for frames that have that feature, others feel better with more duration, so there's less micro-managing of timers. Some frames need just a bit more energy, and don't really *need* flow...

Azure shards let some squishy frames become more durable, either through HP or armor (combination), while letting your mods focus on attack.

Overall, I find Azure shards to be the most useful for most builds, either through armor, HP or energy.

Crimson shards I only use for Duration/Str.

I've used 1 Amber Shard on initial energy on Xaku for Elite Sanctuary Onslaught and Loki for invisibility on spy missions.

My Saryn has 1 Crimson for duration.

My Styanax has 1 Crimson for duration, 4 Azure: 1 HP, 3 energy.

My Wisp has 4 Crimson for duration.

My Xaku has the 1 Amber as mentioned (initial energy), 4 Azure: 1 energy max, 1 health, 2 armor

My Frost had 5 Azure, all armor... but I put them on the above frames, since I rarely use Frost nowadays.

So far - put blue max energy on Trinity so I could take flow off and put something else in that slot (think I increased range for a resonater build)

Put red secondary crit on Mesa for the nice numbers on Peacemaker

Some yellow max energy on spawn on Titania for a stright into action Razorwing build

And for laughs and fun numbers enough blue on nidus to more than double his innate regen (coupled with Molt Reconstruct :-) )

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Cotton Tail said:

So far - put blue max energy on Trinity so I could take flow off and put something else in that slot (think I increased range for a resonater build)

Put red secondary crit on Mesa for the nice numbers on Peacemaker

Some yellow max energy on spawn on Titania for a stright into action Razorwing build

And for laughs and fun numbers enough blue on nidus to more than double his innate regen (coupled with Molt Reconstruct :-) )

But Trinity creates her own energy...

On 2022-11-24 at 9:45 AM, chaotea said:

Sofar, 5 blue ones onto my Xaku, all but 1 on sheild, 1 on hp regen. Just because i never up any def mods on him anyway.

As far as the rest, im hoarding them. 5 stength reds on wisp prime when shes out.

You should only be building for shields if you're using a Parasitic Armor build.

Having more shields for anything else is completely detrimental to survival. 

On 2022-11-24 at 4:21 PM, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

My Pillage Mesa is a 100% armor strip build. 4 tou blue energy , 1 tou red power strength for 331 power strength after x250 kills. Arcane Energize and Augmented. Viral on her regs. Pillage gives her status canceling, 1400+ shields combined with her shatter shield and an ancient healer. She now has infinite scaling and defenses. @(XBOX)ECCHO SIERRA

Next project is my other main Nova. Will gather 4 tou red for max duration. 

I havent tried a pillage build with high enough strength to 100%. 

I might build another mesa just to try it. But peacemaker doesnt drain so fast its annoying to use?

13 hours ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

You should only be building for shields if you're using a Parasitic Armor build.

Having more shields for anything else is completely detrimental to survival. 

Not if your getting hit only 25% of the time.

Lokk, at the nd of the day its helping me survive more, so it cant be bad. And i mean that as in its helping in-game, and not in therory.

On 2022-11-29 at 10:00 AM, chaotea said:

Not if your getting hit only 25% of the time.

Lokk, at the nd of the day its helping me survive more, so it cant be bad. And i mean that as in its helping in-game, and not in therory.

That is still a 1 in 4 chance of getting hit. And when you're in high density maps like Steel path survival missions where enemies can take down an entire modded shield pool in a single bullet, it's completely worthless,

I suggest you look up shield gating, because lowering your shield capacity will help save you more than increasing them.

Nyx prime: 3 red +str so I can get 130 ability strength for full armor strip without intensify.

As for the meme builds...

Ember prime: 5 blue shards +armor and +health because why not build her into a tank? I helminth neutron star on her 1. 90% heat gauge + 10 neutron star + ~650 armor, I don't know how much DR I got but at least she can survive for more than 1 seconds with 20 level 150 heavy gunner.

I am thinking of putting 5 ember +energy pickup on caliban for his spectrosiphon build, so I can drop arcane energize for something more interesting.

10 hours ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

I suggest you look up shield gating, because lowering your shield capacity will help save you more than increasing them.

What im saying is that I know about sheild gating, but in a practical, in game experience, having a higher sheild pool is helping me live longer. Sheild gating stops me getting 1 hit, but i never get 1 hit anyway, even in the hardest SP modes.

I understand sheildgating suits some, but this works better for me.

5 hours ago, chaotea said:

What im saying is that I know about sheild gating, but in a practical, in game experience, having a higher sheild pool is helping me live longer. Sheild gating stops me getting 1 hit, but i never get 1 hit anyway, even in the hardest SP modes.

I understand sheildgating suits some, but this works better for me.

Well, you're objectively incorrect with that assessment. But eh, whatever floats your boat.

1 hour ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

Well, you're objectively incorrect with that assessment. But eh, whatever floats your boat.

I would say im not incorrect in an opinion and preference. I never pushed this as an assessment of the warframes potential, but just something I do. The fact you seemed to take some personal issue with this is on you.

On 2022-12-01 at 5:19 PM, chaotea said:

I would say im not incorrect in an opinion and preference. I never pushed this as an assessment of the warframes potential, but just something I do. The fact you seemed to take some personal issue with this is on you.

Who said I'm taking this personally? I'm just trying to tell you that from a factually objective viewpoint that building for more shields (With the exception of Harrow, Hildryn, Styanax) is playing the game incorrectly. Just because it's a personal preference doesn't make you right. In fact, I question whether you actually play Steel Path at all.

Archived