The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What frames do you guys put your Archon shards into? What builds?

Zakkhar

On 2022-11-29 at 3:36 AM, LemonOfTheVoid said:

Revenant is taking over for my Oberon Prime. He's far more tanky , and excellent in the Archon Hunts.

I have 2 yellows and 3 reds. No Tauforged - yet.

TD3Yyr5.jpg

With all due respect, how could one play for over 400 days, max most of their mods, and still come up with a build as bad as this? 

i want to use the shards in order to improve the QoL(quality of life) of the  frames, not just increase the damage..example.

yareli's animations are slow, so instead of using a slot for natural talent, i just put 1-2 shard to make the animations faster+ some extra shields since she's made of paper.

On 2022-12-02 at 6:36 PM, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

Who said I'm taking this personally? I'm just trying to tell you that from a factually objective viewpoint that building for more shields (With the exception of Harrow, Hildryn, Styanax) is playing the game incorrectly. Just because it's a personal preference doesn't make you right. In fact, I question whether you actually play Steel Path at all.

Using Shield-gating is NOT the only "Right" way to play.

I never use Shield-gating, and I do play steel path... just because people have been getting used to relying on that as a crutch doesn't even make it the "best" way to play Warframe. I don't see Shield-gating as a bad thing, or an exploit... it's coded into the game on purpose to save frames with low shields/health from dying to one shots. It's a "Good Thing"... but you don't have to rely on it.

Play in whatever way makes you feel comfortable. If you LIKE the constantly-on-the-edge-of-death play style of always needing to fully refresh your shields every time you get hit... more power to ya... that's just way too micro-manage-y for me, so I don't do it.

On 2022-12-03 at 12:36 AM, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

Who said I'm taking this personally? I'm just trying to tell you that from a factually objective viewpoint that building for more shields (With the exception of Harrow, Hildryn, Styanax) is playing the game incorrectly. Just because it's a personal preference doesn't make you right. In fact, I question whether you actually play Steel Path at all.

1) Never insisted i was right, just said this is what I do and that it works for me.

2) I said you're taking it personally, evidanced by the fact that your replys are becoming more and more venomous as they go on.

3) I dont often play SP. But I have compleated all nodes except the zaraman, mostly solo. Xakus the main frame ive used, other than wukong for spys and vauban for interceptions.

Now i fully understand how sheild breaking works. But i switch warframes so often that having to equip / unequip a corupted key is a hassle for me. Also, I dont have any survival mods equipped on my Xaku. So I dont have any room for any sheild recharge mods. I also dont want to swap any of Xakus abilities out. And as is I very rarely die in SP with Xaku anyway. So this is why I put sheilds on him. Not because I needed the survivability, but just as a backup.

As a final note, I make great use of Molt Efficiency. Having my sheilds break is detrimental to my build as it re-sets the 36% bonus duration I get from it.

Archived