Subsumed ability suggestions for fast Nova?

(PSN)Astralwanderung

Question

I have a fast Nova with:

Duration 306%
Efficiancy 100%
Range 139%
Strength 40%

And Molecular Fission

I was wondering what ability could work best (in place of Antimatter Drop), among the ones that don't require Str (or don't suffer a significant functionality loss from low Str). All the buffs require Str, so I guess it's better to focus on crowd-control/survivability, especially since enemies are hastened.

Currently, I'm thinking Silence, Ensnare, and Condemn, but maybe there are others which may be implemented in more useful ways?

Silence doesn't look too great; I mean, with that Range and Duration, Silence gets quite pumped, but I think it offers little beyond negating enemy special abilities, for Nova. The stun duration doesn't get altered by stats, and once enemies get in range, they are maybe in another room, and while I also kill others, they get time to recover and then they are hastened by Molecular Prime and suffer no further effect from Silence (beyond special ability negation, which isn't *that* useful, if the enemies are strong enough to be significantly annoying even with normal attacks).
If the range was shorter, it wouldn't change anyway because they'd be fully capable and hastened before getting in range, able to shoot until I get close.

Ensnare is basically great, but maybe it's better for missions where you can camper a room? Because it's single target and then expands, so you throw it at a dude and stop all enemies on that side, but have to recast it to get the ones on other sides, and it has a full-body animation.

Condemn has less range and duration than Ensnare, but costs half the energy, isn't full-body, and with those stats gets a decent area and great duration anyway, and also restores some shields (although it'll be very little, with that low Str), so maybe this is the best choice among the three?

That said, again, if there's some other ability that you use and get great results from, I'm all ears.

6 answers to this question

Haven't tried these but I'd probably try

Gauss thermal sunder - damage ability which should help explode enemies running towards you

Hydroid tempest barrage - same reason as above

Hildryn Pillage - defence strip - doesn't slow down enemies

Octavia Resonator - damage dealer

Yareli Aquablades - should synergise with nova nullstar imo

Protea Dispensary - obvious reasons such as health, ammo and energy

I wouldn't be going with silence on a fast nova, it's the complete opposite of what you want because it will stun enemies

Condemn/Ensnare can basically be done with an operator arcane (magus lockdown) or weapon so I wouldn't personally go that way either. 

So you're using: Narrow Minded, Overextended, Cunning Drift, P.Continuity, Constitution and Augur Message, a weird build honestly.
If I were you I'd drop Constitution for Reach and slap on Resonator as your helminth!

It can act as an aggro attractor and because you are making enemies faster, they won't have issue following it up close.
You can eve use the Conductor augment to make a static beacon that draws enemy attention and makes it so they don't attack either!

58 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Gauss thermal sunder - damage ability which should help explode enemies running towards you

Hydroid tempest barrage - same reason as above

Hildryn Pillage - defence strip - doesn't slow down enemies

Octavia Resonator - damage dealer

Yareli Aquablades - should synergise with nova nullstar imo

These kinda all want some Strength, though.

56 minutes ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

So you're using: Narrow Minded, Overextended, Cunning Drift, P.Continuity, Constitution and Augur Message, a weird build honestly.

You need below 70% Str to speed up enemies, high Dur helps her 4 to reach further as well as her 1 to give more damage reduction.

The build makes plenty of sense, I dare say.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Astralwanderung said:

what ability

FWIW, I slapped Mind Control on my Nova for the lulz, and on Speedva especially it can be nice since the speed up effect remains on the MC victim :D
(Annoyingly, the slowdown also sticks around mind you, DE pls fix that kthx.)

You could try Radial Blind for a quick mass stun that massively boosts Melee attacks / enables Finishers.

For an ongoing CC effect, Shooting Gallery is criminally overlooked (I encourage anyone to try it on a high Range build sometime).

Spellbind can be useful to negate Status effects, not least including self-stagger from  point blank Launcher usage lol.

Defy for an easy +750 Armor, as well as invulnerability + aggro draw while your Squad takes care of the enemies, could work out decently I suppose?

41 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

FWIW, I slapped Mind Control on my Nova for the lulz, and on Speedva especially it can be nice since the speed up effect remains on the MC victim :D

(Annoyingly, the slowdown also sticks around mind you, DE pls fix that kthx.)

You could try Radial Blind for a quick mass stun that massively boosts Melee attacks / enables Finishers.

For an ongoing CC effect, Shooting Gallery is criminally overlooked (I encourage anyone to try it on a high Range build sometime).

Spellbind can be useful to negate Status effects, not least including self-stagger from  point blank Launcher usage lol.

Defy for an easy +750 Armor, as well as invulnerability + aggro draw while your Squad takes care of the enemies, could work out decently I suppose?

Does the victim of Mind Control aggro the other enemies?

In any case, I'm quite intrigued by Radial Blind and Shooting Gallery in particular.
Radial Blind could be devastating with that range and duration, although at 100% efficiency it may become relatively energy-hungry in some situations... do mercy kills have increased drop rates for energy orbs?

I'd have to try quite a lot of things, but Helminth is very needy.

Elemental Ward (Toxin) has some effects that scale with duration instead of strength, namely reload speed. Then there is the ability giving 75% ammo efficiency that doesn't need strength.

Probably not what you are looking for, but the augment for Ice Wave slows by 75% regardless of strength. Otherwise... Resonator maybe?

9 hours ago, (PSN)Astralwanderung said:

Does the victim of Mind Control aggro the other enemies?

Not as much as, say, Loki's Decoy, but it does work for taking some heat off of you, not least with it being invulnerable.

9 hours ago, (PSN)Astralwanderung said:

Radial Blind [...] mercy kills

You can slap a Mod on your Parazon to have Mercy Kills drop Energy Orbs, however Finishers are not Mercy Kills.