revealing parazon mods without Kuva Lich ranking up?

(NSW)BenHiraga

Question

Is it possible to reveal the requiem mods for a Kuva Lich without them ranking up?

I've been told not to stab my Lich haphazardly, as every failed attempt will rank them up. So I began farming murmurs, which I assumed gradually reveals the mods without ranking up the Lich.

But after a couple murmur farming missions last night, I noticed my Lich is becoming angrier -- which I assume eventually results in her leveling up?

Is it simply impossible to kill a Lich without it leveling to Rank 5? And if so, am I wasting my time with murmurs when I should just stab the Lich when I get the opportunity?

6 answers to this question

there is no right wrong way to do lich murmurs, as its a risk reward scale. Stabbing the lich is technically faster as it gives alot of murmurs on fail or it reveals a mod if it successful downside is that the lich will get stronger. But to answer your question I dont believe thralls alone on the first planet will give you enough to reveal all the mods needed. I believe if you do all missions with thralls the lich levels up anyway.

PS if you're planning to convert lich then getting it to max level makes it a better value, as it will have a higher level when you use it on your crew/summoned

Anger meter is different from being levelled up. They won't level up if their anger reaches max, they'll just invade you more frequently. 

If your tactic is to unveil all the Requiems, you can do so as recommended or advised by the other player you mentioned. Personally, if you have a Oull and one Requiem, I'd say have a stab attempt with Oull in first slot and your known Requiem in second slot. It will help murmur progress and help you find your order. Its impossible to create a situation where you kill your Lich on first stab, even with all Requiems unveiled, you still need to guess the order, so not the worst to start stab attempts when you know one.. will help you odds later, and you'll likely max out with a level 3 Lich. 

Good luck with your Lich! 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, (NSW)BenHiraga said:

1. Is it possible to reveal the requiem mods for a Kuva Lich without them ranking up?

2. I've been told not to stab my Lich haphazardly, as every failed attempt will rank them up. So I began farming murmurs, which I assumed gradually reveals the mods without ranking up the Lich.

3. But after a couple murmur farming missions last night, I noticed my Lich is becoming angrier -- which I assume eventually results in her leveling up?

4. Is it simply impossible to kill a Lich without it leveling to Rank 5? And if so, am I wasting my time with murmurs when I should just stab the Lich when I get the opportunity?

1. Yes. Requiem Symbols are revealed by stabbing Thralls each one gradually fills up a Murmer meter, (that circle thing), when a circle fills you get a symbol.

2. Yes this is correct. excessive stabbing will rank them up, which can be very dangerous if you aren't ready to handle higher level enemies. Especially if you are Solo. Murmur farming does gradually reveal the mod Symbols.

3. Anger Level determines the Chance of the Lich personally appearing in-mission. But even if they appear, won't rank up if you don't stab them, you can choose to run away and they won't rank up.

Keeping track of the Anger Level is useful, because you should avoid taking Defense Missions when it is high, as the Lich can easily kill your Defense Objective. Do Defense Missions when Anger is Low, Exterminate or Spy when it is High.

4. By focusing on Murmers to learn symbols, and only stabbing the Lich when I'm ready. I have killed many of my Liches at only Rank 3. A slow and cautions approach isn't a waste of time if it gets the job done. However if you are in a Squad who can support you then a direct rush approach can work too. Depends on your level and if you're solo or not.

Edited by (PSN)haphazardlynamed
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Anger Level determines the Chance of the Lich personally appearing in-mission. But even if they appear, won't rank up if you don't stab them, you can choose to run away and they won't rank up.

Keeping track of the Anger Level is useful, because you should avoid taking Defense Missions when it is high, as the Lich can easily kill your Defense Objective. Do Defense Missions when Anger is Low, Exterminate or Spy when it is High.

Ah, thank you! I was under the impression Anger level was directly tied to the Lich leveling up.

Will the Lich chase me if I run away? Specifically, if I leave it be during a Spy mission, will it eventually follow me into the vault and trigger detection?

45 minutes ago, (NSW)BenHiraga said:

Ah, thank you! I was under the impression Anger level was directly tied to the Lich leveling up.

Will the Lich chase me if I run away? Specifically, if I leave it be during a Spy mission, will it eventually follow me into the vault and trigger detection?

Once you're out of sight they tend to get lost. Not very smart AI.

• Like 1