Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best place to (attempt to) farm Nitain?

Flannoit

Question

Yes, I know the answer is "Nightwave", but I'm hoping to get my hands on my Revenant Prime sooner than later, and in the time I was taking a break, Nightwave ended (unfortunate for me, but oh well) and I want to see if I can't make even an inch of progress towards getting the necessary Nitain before the new Nightwave drops.

Since Ghoul Purges aren't in cycle at the moment, that leaves Caches. And possible the Zealoid Prelate? Nitain page on the wiki says he can drop it but there's no mention of that on his page what-so-ever, though if he *can* drop it, that's a higher rate than caches and technically faster with the right setup.

20 answers to this question

You could attempt to find caches in exterminate/sabotage, but not only do you have to hunt down all three, but the chances are so unrealistic that your only real answer is Nightwave. Don't bother.

This is also another reason why the Nightwave shop needs to be ripped out of Nightwave seasons and made standalone...

14 hours ago, Flannoit said:

Popping back here to inform that it looks like either you were misremembering or they fixed it, cos I tried seeing if that was possible with my roommate (thru prime parts they already had crafted) and it was not possible to trade 'em. Which sucks cos my roommate has a mountain of Nitain while I'm sitting at 0 because I recently built Ivara for my subsume catalogue for for MR... What a Nitain hog.

Yeah that is sad. I just checked earlier. Its weird, since I distinctly remember being able to, so I did a quick Google search, and there have been some threads at different websites where some people claimed you could, but nothing recent, and at different times, the consensus was different. Maybe it was an odd glitch at one point, anyway apologies to get your hopes up, thankfully the NW store is back up and you can your Revenant Prime. I have to go sell a Wukong Chassis for Ducats lol.  

13 hours ago, Flannoit said:

Popping back here to inform that it looks like either you were misremembering or they fixed it, cos I tried seeing if that was possible with my roommate (thru prime parts they already had crafted) and it was not possible to trade 'em. 

Just adding that this is true. Literally two weeks ago, BF was gonna trade me the one Volt Prime part I was short (Neuro) and it came up as untradable. Parts that drops as parts (gun barrels and whatnot) can be traded, BPs can be traded as is, but BPs turned into built parts cannot, although they can still be sold for ducats at the same value as the original BP. 

As to the original query, much as new NW is up and it is kind of irrelevant now. I have farmed ZP til my face melted (bad luck with that Blade drop rate), and gotten 3 Caches innumerable times, and have yet to see Niatin outside of NW or an Alert. And anyone I've asked in the past tells the same tale. It is unfarmably low drop rates: a fun bonus if you see it, but more likely you never, ever will. Good rule I've found is to always have some on hand, so even if NW goes dark for a week or two, you've got 10 or so sitting in stock in case of lucky drops or new frame releases. 

16 hours ago, Flannoit said:

Leave your unnecessary rude remarks and negativity at the door.

My apologies. But threads like this get posted all the time, especially after Nightwave takes a break. The search function exists. I did add my 2 cents with a verification of the correct answer after my rant.

12 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

There is a method you could use to get Revenant Prime faster though. It'd be faster to crack Relics to get Prime parts, sell that for Plat and then ask around to see if you can buy the Revenant Prime part that requires Nitain. Except specify to the person selling it, you will give them extra Plat if they build that part and rush it and trade for that part. You can sell disassembled Prime parts (as opposed to the blueprints) will be a lot of people who have an excess of Nitain, and who want to sell Revenant Prime parts, so the only issue is how much Plat are you willing to spend and/or how much Plat you can earn to spend, and whether you'd rather just wait 2 days.

Popping back here to inform that it looks like either you were misremembering or they fixed it, cos I tried seeing if that was possible with my roommate (thru prime parts they already had crafted) and it was not possible to trade 'em. Which sucks cos my roommate has a mountain of Nitain while I'm sitting at 0 because I recently built Ivara for my subsume catalogue for for MR... What a Nitain hog.

8 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Not many do from what I have seen and heard. Its a rarely used, I am pretty sure the majority of players just trade the blueprints. 

I think it's because of an old memory, (maybe during the Void Towers era?) where you actually can't trade crafted parts. I don't know when it was changed like that, though.

1 hour ago, Hobie-wan said:

All the times NW has taken a pause, nobody has died for lack of nitain for a few days. You had warning it was ending and could have bought a few nitain 'just in case', or you can survive a few days until it returns. There are plenty of other things to build in the mean time. If you've already made everything else that exists in the game and have to build this 1 last item right now, then really you have been playing long enough that you should have already stocked up on a little bit by now.

But yeah. Ghoul bounties are a not very good way to try and stock up on nitain, but caches are definitely a fools errand. NW will return and is easy to get all the nitain you need from there as soon as it does.

The complaining isn't necessary. I'm full aware I had time to exchange before it ended. I'm well aware it was going to end. I'm well aware the new wave is coming. This thread was made to see if I could try to farm out what I wanted before it came because I'm excited to have the parts and time go get the prime of a frame I adore.

I have been excited for Rev prime long before he would be announced. Am I upset he needs nitain? Sure. Small hurdle. Even if I had to wait 4 months for next wave I'd still try to get him sooner cos he's a frame I like. Leave your unnecessary rude remarks and negativity at the door.

All the times NW has taken a pause, nobody has died for lack of nitain for a few days. You had warning it was ending and could have bought a few nitain 'just in case', or you can survive a few days until it returns. There are plenty of other things to build in the mean time. If you've already made everything else that exists in the game and have to build this 1 last item right now, then really you have been playing long enough that you should have already stocked up on a little bit by now.

But yeah. Ghoul bounties are a not very good way to try and stock up on nitain, but caches are definitely a fools errand. NW will return and is easy to get all the nitain you need from there as soon as it does.

1 minute ago, Flannoit said:

I... Honestly did not know you could trade already built prime parts. That's actually complete news to me.

Regardless! Suffering is pain. With any luck I'll get some before tomorrow, but I won't be too hard pressed if I don't, after all it'll probably take 2 days to get the 2 nitain anyways.

Not many do from what I have seen and heard. Its a rarely used, I am pretty sure the majority of players just trade the blueprints. 

I accidentally once crafted a Prime piece I didn't actually need, and was surprised when I could trade that as well, and the buyer was happy since it meant less crafting time for them. So now whenever I know I am going to be selling a Prime, if it requires a rarer resource, like Argon Crystal or Nitain, I'll just craft it and sell it as the component. That way whoever buys it doesn't have to worry about resources. 

I hope this is still the case, I haven't traded in a few months. 

Good luck!  

40 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

The reason the answer is "Nightwave", is because all other sources of it are so slim/rare, you could be farming those sources continuously, and it would be still faster to get it from Nightwave, because the time (like less than 2 days from now?) to wait for Nightwave to return is less than the odds. (Probably, to clarify, I haven't done maths)

Its like asking how to get a banana? The nearest source of bananas is 2 days away. There are no bananas anywhere near by except that source. Can I just wait though for a banana to drop out of the sky instead? Like maybe? Its not impossible a freak hurricane or banana plane flying over head, may somehow drop a banana to you, the odds are technically greater than 0.00. Its probably happened before, but the 2 days away source is probably faster. 

Now Nitain from other sources is more likely than random banana from sky, but for all intents and purposes... 

There is a method you could use to get Revenant Prime faster though. It'd be faster to crack Relics to get Prime parts, sell that for Plat and then ask around to see if you can buy the Revenant Prime part that requires Nitain. Except specify to the person selling it, you will give them extra Plat if they build that part and rush it and trade for that part. You can sell disassembled Prime parts (as opposed to the blueprints) will be a lot of people who have an excess of Nitain, and who want to sell Revenant Prime parts, so the only issue is how much Plat are you willing to spend and/or how much Plat you can earn to spend, and whether you'd rather just wait 2 days. 

(I could do this for you but crossplay ain't here yet for PSN).

I... Honestly did not know you could trade already built prime parts. That's actually complete news to me.

Regardless! Suffering is pain. With any luck I'll get some before tomorrow, but I won't be too hard pressed if I don't, after all it'll probably take 2 days to get the 2 nitain anyways.

The reason the answer is "Nightwave", is because all other sources of it are so slim/rare, you could be farming those sources continuously, and it would be still faster to get it from Nightwave, because the time (like less than 2 days from now?) to wait for Nightwave to return is less than the odds. (Probably, to clarify, I haven't done maths)

Its like asking how to get a banana? The nearest source of bananas is 2 days away. There are no bananas anywhere near by except that source. Can I just wait though for a banana to drop out of the sky instead? Like maybe? Its not impossible a freak hurricane or banana plane flying over head, may somehow drop a banana to you, the odds are technically greater than 0.00. Its probably happened before, but the 2 days away source is probably faster. 

Now Nitain from other sources is more likely than random banana from sky, but for all intents and purposes... 

(I could do this for you but crossplay ain't here yet for PSN).

7 hours ago, drnlmza said:

a) The wiki page on the prelate does mention it - see the "Resource Drops" part of the details sidebar

b) If you're think the drop chance is better than sabotage caches, then the bad news is you're misreading the drop chance on the Nitian page - the Prelate has a 5% chance to drop resources - of those, 2.58% of the time will be Nitian Extract, for a grand total of 0.129 % Nitian drop chance (listed of 0.13% on the Prelate page). It's really not a particularly rewarding Nitian farm (you only reach a 50% chance for having seen a drop at around 535 runs).

CigPsWr.jpg

4 hours ago, Flannoit said:

And possible the Zealoid Prelate? Nitain page on the wiki says he can drop it but there's no mention of that on his page what-so-ever, though if he *can* drop it, that's a higher rate than caches and technically faster with the right setup.

a) The wiki page on the prelate does mention it - see the "Resource Drops" part of the details sidebar

b) If you're think the drop chance is better than sabotage caches, then the bad news is you're misreading the drop chance on the Nitian page - the Prelate has a 5% chance to drop resources - of those, 2.58% of the time will be Nitian Extract, for a grand total of 0.129 % Nitian drop chance (listed of 0.13% on the Prelate page). It's really not a particularly rewarding Nitian farm (you only reach a 50% chance for having seen a drop at around 535 runs).

1 hour ago, Pakaku said:

You could attempt to find caches in exterminate/sabotage, but not only do you have to hunt down all three, but the chances are so unrealistic that your only real answer is Nightwave. Don't bother.

This is also another reason why the Nightwave shop needs to be ripped out of Nightwave seasons and made standalone...

^this

Honestly, just first few rank gives you like 150 credits, and Nitain is just 15 for 5 Nitain. Just wait for tomorrow.

ps. I wonder if there has been madman that used things like:

- Nekros

- Slash proc for more body parts for Nekros

- Smeeta for lucky shoot

- Resource drop chance to have more chance at Nitain

- Not sure about SP

- killing Zeloid

1 minute ago, Pakaku said:

You could attempt to find caches in exterminate/sabotage, but the chances are so unrealistic that your only real answer is Nightwave. Another reason why the Nightwave shop needs to be ripped out of Nightwave seasons and made standalone.

Honestly, even if we had to pay more of the old creds for it, that'd be better than dealing with Sub-5% from literally every other source

especially since i've gone 2 full missions with seemingly 0 cache spawns despite Lotus claiming they're there

Archived