Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

how do Eidolon missions fail?

unmutual

Question

and again i tried an eidolon hunt and again it failed. and nobody knew why.

the standard: get lures, charge lures, kill shield, kill synova, repeat, kill vomvs, kill eidolon, fail mission

why? we did everything according to plan, but at the end the mission failed

5 answers to this question

plenty of ways to fail

didn't bring a healer who could keep the lures alive?

didn't have Enough active lures linked to eidolon when killed?

didn't deal enough dps and ran out of time before daylight?

didn't notice that one healing vorm hiding out and refilling eidolon shields?

squadmate got glitched and stuck in limbo-mode?

etc....

The only way an Eidolon mission fails is if you don't capture the Eidolon during the time of one night : if the Eidolon goes away or if you kill it (on Trio Eidolon Hunts for the intermediate ones), the mission will fail.

As you said that you charged the Lures at the required number (2 for Terralyst and 3 for the other Eidolons), the problem does not come from there.

I saw someone else complaining about the fact that Eidolons were not rewarding Brillinat Shards as they should do when they get captured (post below) : this seems to indicate that there is some kind of bug preventing Eidolons to be captured, even if you have the right number of charged Lures. Instead of being captured, the  Eidolon is getting killed (or at least the game considers that the Eidolon got killed and not captured).

So, I think that the problem you are experiencing is a glitch and Eidolon bounties are currently broken. That's why the mission is failing.

43 minutes ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

I saw someone else complaining about the fact that Eidolons were not rewarding Brillinat Shards as they should do when they get captured (post below) : this seems to indicate that there is some kind of bug preventing Eidolons to be captured, even if you have the right number of charged Lures. Instead of being captured, the  Eidolon is getting killed (or at least the game considers that the Eidolon got killed and not captured).

They posted a video clearly showing they didn't charge the lures, so it is definitely not a bug.

Archived