Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 32.2.0: Lua’s Prey

[DE]Megan

1 hour ago, Emperrier said:

"Kill 300 enemies in a necramech without dying" was a really good choice of weekly nightwave challenge to highlight that necramechs now automatically die after two minutes. It's like someone on the dev team silently rebelling about what a stupid idea it is.

This should be only in the two new survivals. 

If you're in desperate need to complete these challenges as soon as possible, we have faster alternatives, just simply go play railjack or head to open worlds to utilize your mech, free from a timer. 

If they made it so its a 2 minute timer for all content (which I dearly hope they didn't because that will ruin how they work), then we're all out of luck. 

16 minutes ago, Halo said:

If RNG is not kind, go to Yonta in the Crysalith and exchange your Lua Thrax Plasm for the parts. 

By far faster and easier in case you don't get what you're looking for. 

I am fully aware of that, but this is nonsense. I'm starting to think they accidentally left her out of the drop table.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Metamorphic Magazine: For the Gorgon family of weapons: Increases Magazine Capacity by 90% and Maximum Ammo by 90%. Hitting an enemy 20 times will petrify them for 5 seconds.

For Atlas will killing these Petrified enemies with Landslide count as if his ability Petrified them, in terms of Rubble drop? If so that'd make a great internal synergy, and would be lots of fun as a means of reducing his energy consumption.

I just wish that any Maggots spawned by Pathocyst and the Strain Mod Set got that type of synergy as well :(

Eximus Advantage: For Zylok: Headshots on Eximus enemies will increase secondary weapon damage by 600% for 10 seconds.

Thanks! Love options other than "Spam Operator shots" and "use Xata's Whisper" and "use a damage-boosting Warframe" to deal with Eximi ^-^

Sytanax’s Alt Helmets will appear periodically throughout Nora’s Mix Vol. 3 in the Cred Offerings. 

Thanks!

GRENDEL REWORK 

Excited to give him another whirl with this design, it looks like a really good rework!

YARELI ABILITY CHANGES 

Ride the wave, Tenno! Yareli has leveled up her water bending skills

water-tribe-sokka.gif

Passive

• Added a 1 second delay before the Critical Flow buff ends after Yareli stops moving.

Please put a second of decay on it as well, it always feels bad when you thought you had a combination all lined up and steady, and then a bonus disappears the moment you pull the trigger. Even just a half-second of decay from max to minimum would still feel nicer, as a half-second into the decay you'd still have half of the buff even if what you want to do is actively keeping moving so that it never goes down, sometimes a second of stillness just happens when you wanna line up a particular shot.

Merulina

Please give her access to K-Drive mods. It's obnoxious to have to do all of the racing and getting to do all of the Vent Kid ranking just to *not* be able to use any of the mods on her that you got while farming for her. The persistent Exalted Weapons get mod configs, as does Venari, why not Yareli's "Exalted" vehicle ability? If it makes her Merulina better than a normal K-Drive in missions and gives her different advantages, that's a good thing, to give her an attraction and appeal that isn't confined to "you can equip an augment to infinitely fire water blades for free".

If it's a racing balancing issue, then for races on the Open Worlds just have separate scoreboards for Yareli racing and standard K-Drive racing, and Yareli players can summon a standard K-Drive to participate in the normal ones.
(on that note it'd be funny to have an elimination buzzer go BRRZZZTT, with "No Cheating" flashing on the screen somewhere, and the race referee using an exclusive voice line to reprimand or question Yareli's competitive integrity)

Sea Snares

• Enemies captured in Sea Snares now have 200% Damage Vulnerability from all other sources (similar to Nezha’s Blazing Chakram). 
    • Enemies that are immune to Crowd Control (Eximus with remaining Overguard for example) will not be impacted by Sea Snares’ immobilizing effect (as intended), but will still be affected with Damage Vulnerability if caught by the ability. Sea Snares’ bubble effects will still circulate around  Crowd-Control-immune enemies to indicate that they are being affected by its Damage Vulnerability (and its other damaging effects).  
  • Increased the seek radius range of Yareli’s Sea Snares from 4m to 10m. 

Love this! Still wondering though, why can't they deal occasional cold procs if they're doing cold damage?

Riptide

• Riptide can now be cast in different ways for different effects:
    • Tap to create a Riptide water tornado that pulls in nearby enemies. 
      • Upon expiry of the ability, or when recasting while Riptide is still active,  the existing Riptide will explode. 
    • Press and hold to create a Riptide that automatically pulls enemies in and explodes them out (how it used to work before above changes). 
  • 2 seconds after casting, Riptide’s suction range now defaults to 5m (non-scaling). 
    • Similar to how Nezha’s Divine Spears impales and slams enemies in two separate actions, Riptide now pulls in enemies first and explodes in the next. 

They're siblings ^-^ thanks for the added functionality and flexibility, this will make her Riptide feel way less like a merely oversized/priced Airburst or lesser Larva/Vortex.

WARFRAME AUGMENT BUFFS - PART 3 (FINAL) 

I love so many of these!

Swing Line 

• Was: After using Rip Line, the next 4 Rip Lines will have no energy cost while airborne. 
  • Changes: 
  • Added +20% Parkour Velocity. 

Rip Line still feels bad though, imo :/ I'd love it if the augment made you actually swing with physics so that a skilled player could accumulate and build momentum and take corners at speed. That could be a hold-function, so that you can control when you let go, or for how long the Ripline reels you in.

• Changes: 
  • Casting Tail Wind (Tap and Hold) now resets Zephyr’s double/bullet jump - making it easier to stay airborne! 
  • Bullet jumping now also overrides the velocity of Tail Wind - so you can more precisely control your direction after flight.

I love you so much for this.
do want to know if you guys have removed the weird as heck air-brake that gets worse and worse if you cast TailWind back to back though, you straight up can't aim glide forward after doing several :(

SEMI-AUTOMATIC WEAPON CHANGES

While reviewing the stats of some weapons with a semi-automatic mode, we noticed that certain weapons had an unsustainably high fire rate for most players. We adjusted the stats of the following semi-automatic weapons whose maximum potential was only being reached with the use of macros (to learn more about third-party use in Warframe visit our support article). Since not everyone is an avid macro user (within the boundaries allowed), we lowered fire rates to a more humanly achievable level and improved their damage or reload stats to compensate. 

Awesome, thanks!

Eximus Spawn Logic Changes:
After the rework, we found that Eximus spawns were at times, too unreliable. In some missions, Eximus would not spawn until the 5 minute mark; in others, these enemies would appear earlier and with increasing frequency. While there will still be some variations in-place due to mission type and level, we want to rectify some inconsistencies for the appearance rates of these foes. 

• Unified the overall Eximus spawn experience across missions by changing their minimum spawn time down to 60 seconds, and unified the ramp up of spawn rates across all game modes. 
  • Increased Eximus spawn chance by 20% across all game modes. 
    • The overall increase of spawn chance was made in an effort to make encounters with Eximus more consistent and reliable. This is quite a large encompassing change, so we look forward to your constructive feedback! 

So we're just turning them into new Heavy Units instead of singularly super-threatening minibosses?

I'm fervently of the opinion that they should be resistant but not wholly immune to CC from Warframes and weapons while Overguarded, so that MAXIMUM DAMAGE or Operator Damage Spam aren't some of the only options to deal with them. Let them have caps, let them have slowdowns instead of freezes, make them slow down less, make them stumble around briefly instead of outright ragdolling or getting knocked down. CC and direct damage and debuff abilities shouldn't be useless to the point that one of the only options is "increase weapon damage via Roar".

And they should be tankier and more lethal so that they're significantly more threatening even just one at a time, and the concern should be "killing them before more show up", not "nuke them in an instant".

Again, that's just my opinion though. It'd really give single-target weapons more meaning to further separate the purposes between them and AoE weapons.

Trinity Well of Life Changes: 

• Allies in range of Well of Life’s radius are now protected from Status Effects. When a Status Effect is blocked, the enemy trapped in Well of Life takes a 10% hit to their Health. 
    • A projectile FX now circles the enemy affected by Well of Life to indicate when an ally is protected from Status Effects. 
  • Increased Trinity’s Well of Life base range from 8 meters to 15 meters. 

Sweet!

Reduced the cooldown on the Drifter’s Restorative ability in The New War Quest from 13 to 15 seconds.

Is this written backwards? "Reduced Cooldown" but a numeric increase from 13 to 15 seconds?

Removed all of the extra decimal 0s from stats display to reduce the visual noise it was creating.

Love it! I'd love to see more streamlining of stats in the arsenal, like making a "simple" view that calculates the non-conditional DPS against a single target taking the most direct hits, and a "complex" view that allows you to see what the stats are when conditional effects are all maxed out.

Overall so many good additions and fixes! Thanks team! Especially for working on old stuff that isn't as flashy or "newsworthy", it makes the game much better!

58 minutes ago, BionicFreak said:

I have played 20+ Steel Path Circulis missions all 20+ minutes and I have ZERO VORUNA PARTS.

What in tf is the drop chance?!?!

There's something wrong with this number. 20 missions x 20 minutes = 400 minutes.

When you wrote this comment the update had been live for 240 minutes (4h x 60m = 240m). So either you have a time machine or this mission number is made up.

I don't doubt the farm is horrible though.

I don't play Grendel much, had to rework the builds I have but overall...they're okay. However, one thing still stands out and it's a bit of a pain point on higher level missions.

@[DE]Megan is it known that Nourish does not heal companions through link health, and is this (hopefully) getting fixed any time in the foreseeable future? It's basically the only thing that ever bothered me on Grendel and basically locks me into using the helminth system to add another (redundant) healing ability like gloom, or a vulpaphyla, due to other healing options not working so well. I still want to bring Dirty Cheater to missions and my poor moa barely gets out much as it is! Think of the moa! :(

• Like 1

Do we know what was the price for complete starter slot bundle? That was the first thing I checked but didn't find it so came to forums. Hopefully they won't increase the price, in my opinion that's a must buy because sooner or later you will need anyway some kind of slots.

Edited by Cereegolas

1 hour ago, p_silveira said:

There's something wrong with this number. 20 missions x 20 minutes = 400 minutes.

When you wrote this comment the update had been live for 240 minutes (4h x 60m = 240m). So either you have a time machine or this mission number is made up.

I don't doubt the farm is horrible though.

Firstly, I'm just built different. Secondly, eternalism. Thirdly, I have continued to non-stop farm for these damn Voruna parts and I STILL have yet to get a single piece. The farm is horrible. And since I am broke, I don't have a resource booster and that means I get only half of the Lua Thrax Plasm that I should be getting. It is all very sad indeed.

7 hours ago, baked said:

Increase the Feast cap. 5 enemies max is a joke.

Buffing Grendel at the cost of his enemies in gut is like "fixing" the Leaning Tower of Pisa by straightening it. You're removing his identity.

Truly I'd rather revert all of these changes. He was a flawed frame, but with proper modding and practice you could overcome those limitations. Now I'm just using cast speed to eat and kill the five enemies faster because it's still the best way to do any sort of actual damage with him.

2 hours ago, Brasten said:

Hydroid oozes into a puddle a stays there, after reading all the buffs and changes Grendel got. There to remain for another eternity.

Ironically Hydroid can still "eat" unlimited enemies and remove them all from play, while grendel, the gluttony frame, cannot. 

Edited by GigabearPRIME
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Merulina

• For the first 4 seconds after casting, Merulina will gain Health instead of losing it when being attacked, similarly to how Iron Skin functions. Additionally, Yareli will be temporarily invulnerable during the damage absorption. 
  • Merulina will persist with your Warframe when transferring to and from Operator. 
    • Also enabled this for all other K-Drives and Warframes during Transference.

Would help a lot if Merulina was a little easier and reactive, Merulina sliding all over the place when you go full speed makes her a little hard to maneuver and ultimately slows her down, maybe also make it where moving to the side while sprinting with Merulina would strafe rather than change directions entirely

3 hours ago, Hammer_of_Sol said:

shouldn't the shoulder wolf heads for voidshell skin be the same texture?

Not sure if you figured this out yet, but I also had this problem and you just need to switch to Voruna's default skin (literally activate it) and then back to the Voidshell to fix it.

voruna drop chance isnt bad actually! in two runs (one 70 minutes one 45 minutes) I got her chassis and neuroptics along with a full sarofang set and peirgales bp and stock.

im a bit short on lua thrax plasm but a quick run can fix that.

edit: quick run fixed that, all voruna components are buildin rn

Edited by Mazifet
  • Like 1

Reminding you that Bonewidow exists and it should, at the very least, get longer uptime and shorter cooldown in Conjunction. While fun, it's mob clearing is abysmal compared to Voidrig's, which can keep up with the fastest killing frames and weapons. I'm shooting myself in the foot with a cannon if I choose to use it in higher level Conjunction.

• Like 4

Thanks DE... You ruined it...

Now my Komorex doesnt punch through anymore with its zoomed-in fire type. 

You took my favorite sniper and threw it to the wolves, literally and figuratively...

Well now I don't know what to do anymore, punch through is just becoming obsolete now. 

I would really love a statement about this, because there are too many weapons that should be able to punch through when modded for it, that just flat out don't do it anymore. 

Jesus, now I have no fun sniper to play with. 

• Like 1

excelent update(about this-dont care much about rest) however i feel that the border around the new armor icon is barrely noticeble for the 3 different tiers
if you make it that way goodjob ,they die too fast that its kinda useless plus same color and form ,its saying they have armor but gl remember how much if you even care
there are way to make it look like its strong and high def
status look great but why shield symbol too?

12 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Added a new Armor icon indicator next to enemy Health bars in the HUD.   
    • This new icon not only better indicates that an enemy has Armor protection (in addition to their Health bar being yellow), but more specifically how much Armor they have. The icon changes based on three different thresholds to better communicate Armor values to players: 
      • 1-499 Armor: No more than ~60% Damage Reduction from Armor 
      • 500-2700 Armor: No more than ~90% Damage Reduction from Armor
      • 2700+: More than 90% Damage Reduction from Armor 
        f318e4c715b3aeee92b6fa9b0300973b.png
    • Additionally, as enemy’s Armor is stripped, the icon’s meter changes at 3 stages:
      • Full = 100% Armor
      • Halfway = 50% Armor
      • Empty = 0% Armor

(its germany flag when dmged)

Edited by WOLFtv

Il y a 16 heures, bnuy a dit :

These changes look absolutely fantastic, one small gripe though...

The Burston Prime changes lowered it's total DPS, and considering it's a niche rarely ever used weapon with already low base stats, this should be remedied.

The total DPS of Burston Prime was lowered by ~18.5% before mods are even considered, this will have a large hit on it's maximum DPS.
To fix this, it should be kept at the new fire-rate of 5.0 and have the damage buffed further, to at least 56 or 57 damage, which will put it right at it's previous DPS mark.

So, basically, great update, just consider going over a few number tweaks (like Burston Prime) to make sure they are not getting WEAKER with their new fire-rate/damage combo.

EDIT: This was before I even considered status procs, as it's typically proccing at a very high rate. For this weapon being a status monster, this means you are then losing at MINIMUM 20% of your previous DPS.

Hi! Tenno with 4k+ hours here.
I have been using the Burston Prime a ton and it was a lot of fun.  Now, it feels horrible in steel path, and it's quite noticeable after these changes.

For reference, so you can see where I'm coming from: My typical build would be:  [GalvChamber, GalvAptitude, 6060Tox, 6060Cold, 90Heat, 6060Heat, PShred(GildedTruth good substitute), PrimedFaction(Serration good sub)]
with Primary Deadhead and Stabilizer Exilus for no recoil.

About the fire rate:
As of now, Primed Shred gets it to back where its base fire rate used to be.  So, after mods, fire rate is 7.75 with PShred rn, but it was 12.14.  That means I am proccing 63% of the time I usually would, and as said above, I am only doing around 81.5% of the damage that I normally would because they didn't make it 56 or 57.
In short, these changes have made it so that I am proccing 36% less often AND doing 18% less raw damage-per-sec (which affects proc dmg).  This is a huge hit to the dps.  It feels really slow and clunky to use and I believe that, since it is a legacy prime weapon, it should have not been hit this hard on fire rate without significant compensation.

Suggestions: 
So the goal is to lower fire rate to 5.0 while keeping everything else the same?  Alright.  We can work with that and keep that fire rate change.  Here is what I propose:  Buff the damage from 46 to 56 like stated in the cited post to keep raw statusless dps the same as before.  But!  That wouldn't fix the issue of having 36% less status procs (5.0/7.83 times the original # of procs).  So, to conserve the amount of procs that we originally had before this change (while using this new fire rate of 5), we would need a base status chance increase of about 56.6%  (7.83/5.0 = 1.566).  That would make the new base status chance go from 30% to 47%.  Seems crazy but it’s really just effectively the same as it was before.  Please do not only just buff the raw damage to 56 or 57 because we still need procs.

I do not want to need a riven for this underused legacy prime burst rifle (hi riven dispo weapon getting gutted sucks).

I fear this nerf in particular will go unnoticed since the weapon is underused (hence hi-riven dispo).  Please help this unwarranted nerf get noticed by DE!  I fear I'm one of the few burston users out there and that they will never remedy this change.  What should we do?  I guess I can post this on the feedback forum since I don’t see anything about the BurstonP on there yet.

Edited by -Section-
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Revealing Spores 

• Was: Infected enemies within 40m will show up on the Minimap. 
  • Changes: 
    • The 40m radius now properly (scales with Ability Range).  
    • Added +40 Enemy Radar (scales only with rank of mod).

Why does this mod exist?!

13 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Vitoplast Drone not showing collected Vitoplast for Clients in Void Flood missions. 

HOW.

• Like 1

Probably gonna be preaching to the choir here but the semi-auto fire rate nerf was WAY too heavy and completely uncalled for. Vasto Prime was perfectly manageable and did not deserve to get dropped from 5 to 2.5, same goes for most if not all of the weapons hit by this nerf. Just because "most" people "couldn't make the most of it without macros" (a joke statement if ever I heard one, this isn't the Dual Toxocyst we're talking about here) doesn't mean everyone should be brought down to that level. Besides, the mild increase in damage does precious little to compensate. Did the math the other day for example, Akvasto Prime loses ~55 burst DPS for a minimal gain of ~22 sustained DPS. This is a SECONDARY weapon, it is not meant to be used as a sustained source of damage, it is a burst source of damage for when your primary is out of ammo or it would be too dangerous to use it. Those weapons already had low use rates and now they'll get even worse. Please revert.

• Like 2