Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 32.2.0: Lua’s Prey

[DE]Megan

18 hours ago, Halo said:

Thanks DE... You ruined it...

Now my Komorex doesnt punch through anymore with its zoomed-in fire type. 

You took my favorite sniper and threw it to the wolves, literally and figuratively...

Well now I don't know what to do anymore, punch through is just becoming obsolete now. 

I would really love a statement about this, because there are too many weapons that should be able to punch through when modded for it, that just flat out don't do it anymore. 

Jesus, now I have no fun sniper to play with. 

There's something off about it, but I am still -mostly- getting Komo in AoE mode to PT with Primed Shred.  When I say "off" the main thing is sometimes I'm not getting AoE viral procs with a 100% status build.  It might be that there is some lag between zooming in and getting the AoE properties, but I need to test more.

edit:  spent some more time on it, and there's just some weird random crap going on with this.  Possibly a simulacrum issue. 

Edited by Tiltskillet

On 2022-11-30 at 11:01 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Since not everyone is an avid macro user (within the boundaries allowed), we lowered fire rates to a more humanly achievable level and improved their damage or reload stats to compensate. 

Dear Developers,

Please consider the possibility of designing an Exilus Mod similar to [Vile Precision] that turns semi automatic trigger weapons into automatic trigger weapons with a fire rate reduction. This would do the exact same thing as the nerf but it would allow users who have accessibility problems to use their favorite semi automatic trigger weapons. Some people have conditions such as arthritis and carpel tunnel which make using semi automatic triggers less pleasant. Adding an automatic trigger mod for the exilus slot with a fire rate reduction built into it would be a positive thing for users with these conditions. 

Please Consider, 

-LPA

• Like 1

3/10, This didn't really add much, infact the main topic of the update, "Lua", barely has anything to do with it at all apart from lua thrax plasm. On top of that, the actual missions aren't anything new at all either, just normal survival missions but you can use necramech now, which is not what people asked for at all.

People haven't been asking for new carbon-copy versions of normal missions where we can use necramechs, people have been asking for the ability to use necramechs, in ALL missions. New warframe is always nice, but IMO it still copies valkyr too much, with its 4th ability tap basically just being a glorified version of valkyr's 4th augment, "Hysterical assault".

The only thing i actually want from this update, is the tenet ferrox, fixes all the problems i have with the normal ferrox. That and some of the augment mod changes. Apart from that though, don't see any reason to play this update.

Edited by Joezone619
  • Like 3

Le 30/11/2022 à 17:01, [DE]Megan a dit :

YARELI ABILITY CHANGES 

Ride the wave, Tenno! Yareli has leveled up her water bending skills and increased her survivability with the following changes. 

Passive

• Added a 1 second delay before the Critical Flow buff ends after Yareli stops moving. 

Sea Snares

• Enemies captured in Sea Snares now have 200% Damage Vulnerability from all other sources (similar to Nezha’s Blazing Chakram). 
    • Enemies that are immune to Crowd Control (Eximus with remaining Overguard for example) will not be impacted by Sea Snares’ immobilizing effect (as intended), but will still be affected with Damage Vulnerability if caught by the ability. Sea Snares’ bubble effects will still circulate around  Crowd-Control-immune enemies to indicate that they are being affected by its Damage Vulnerability (and its other damaging effects).  
  • Increased the seek radius range of Yareli’s Sea Snares from 4m to 10m. 

Merulina

• For the first 4 seconds after casting, Merulina will gain Health instead of losing it when being attacked, similarly to how Iron Skin functions. Additionally, Yareli will be temporarily invulnerable during the damage absorption. 
  • Merulina will persist with your Warframe when transferring to and from Operator. 
    • Also enabled this for all other K-Drives and Warframes during Transference.

Riptide

• Riptide can now be cast in different ways for different effects:
    • Tap to create a Riptide water tornado that pulls in nearby enemies. 
      • Upon expiry of the ability, or when recasting while Riptide is still active,  the existing Riptide will explode. 
    • Press and hold to create a Riptide that automatically pulls enemies in and explodes them out (how it used to work before above changes). 
  • 2 seconds after casting, Riptide’s suction range now defaults to 5m (non-scaling). 
    • Similar to how Nezha’s Divine Spears impales and slams enemies in two separate actions, Riptide now pulls in enemies first and explodes in the next. 

Yareli Fixes: 

• Fixed Yareli going invisible during the Archon struggle animation in Archon Hunts if she is riding Merulina when the Archon grabs her. 
    • Once the interaction begins, Yareli will be dismounted from Merulina to struggle against the Archon. 
  • Fixed loss of function after hacking a panel while riding Merulina and then using Transference. 
  • Fixed Yareli Specter not using any abilities (apart from Merulina as intended). 

I sure hope these aren't the final changes for Yareli, she still needs a lot of tweaks and bug fixing.
Her one and the blade from the augment of her 3 are now slower to cast when on Merulina. Weird but you can only cast 3 rows of bubbles before entering a hidden cooldown while on Merulina whereas when you're on foot, you can spam it at will without any cooldown.
Sure hopes it gets adressed.

There's also a weird issue where if Yareli and her K-drive dies at the same time, the death animation don't play. Instead everything freezes but Yareli keeps playing her idle animation and every other animations (water bubbles, blood bubbles) are also playing.
I'm not sure if the death of both Merulina and Yareli at the same time is the cause, but it made me loose 40 minutes of my time in SP conjunction survival and that was not really appreciated.

Aside from Yareli, Grendel rework is great, he's useful now and not a chore to play with
The Update as a whole is just a big gap filler, only effectively "filling" 2 hours of playtime but that was to be expected, I'm not at all surprised there. I might have expected a quest, but that would've been a miracle.

Edited by Maryph

Dear DE, please, buff Voruna's fourth ability! It's so fun to use it, but it is terribly weak :( It would be so awesome, if it could scale from the mods in your meele and proc slash damage and status aoe. It could also have a 5-7 seconds cooldown, before you could use it again. Voruna is extremely fun to play, and I don't want to replace her 4 with helminth 🙏 upd. Sorry for my English, it is not my first language

Why does the narrative act like Circulus is so special when it's just another generic Lua map with basically a normal survival?   It made it sound like it'd be a new location,  meriting its own "Deep Lua" tileset or something, and the previous node could be a normal lua node that merges into the new tileset with "Deep Lua" tiles placed at the end of it.

As it stands, Thrax feel like they have a coinflip odds of actually spawning.   I had one run where no Thrax spawned until the 20 minute mark.

I would hope that more could be done with the game mode,   do something with Life Support the way the Thrax interact with the Exolizers in Void Cascade, they should interact with Life Support.   Have them appear every minute or so and they seek out Life Support to corrupt them into some kinda void hole that drains your life support, instead of passively draining life support by existing.    Cleanse them with operator.    Make it feel a little more like void cascade mixed with survival in a way,  void cascade is fun.   

Maybe even make killing thrax and cleansing stations the only way to gain life support instead of it being a normal survival, perhaps on top of recharging by being in the field of the ghost guy, who also cleanses stations he stops at. 

Throw in Void Fissures to make it a kind of permanent fissure node you can rely on instead of whatever is randomly selected for the day.

Could include Worm better by having Kuva Guardians and gremlins spawn every now and then as well who carry life support (being Grineer).  Maybe even a particular tile that is especially open with a big crack in the ceiling with Gineer breaching machinery where a Thumper was released so its shockwaves can disturb circulus. 

I hope it gets updated,  just because it was released like this doesn't mean it needs to stay that way.   A whole lot more could have been done on this.   Pretty big let down as it stands, though it's not a bad update.  Just... over hyped / over dramatized.  

Edited by Kingsmount

On 2022-12-01 at 2:30 AM, MarshallBanana0815 said:

still no fix for the overlay map all the time resetting to normal minimap in spite of having the option set to always use overlay map. each time going from hub to mission/open world or vice versa, when touching the exit volume in missions, etc... this is really jarring and come on guys, this is broken since about cetus release -.-

Using something like a Blinkpad also keeps resetting to 'Normal Map' from 'Overlay Map'. Please don't let this be like Khora's Strangledome timer that took nearly 2 years to address.

Frankly it'd be better to just remove Overlay Map altogether. To give this some context... imagine if Invert Y works... when you're in a Warframe... but not while in Operator. Or it 'Show Enemy Names/Health' worked intermittently. It's very, very jarring. There is a 3rd party tool that displays a rotating map as a 2nd display but only for the open world maps (fixed map data) but that's a poor sub for a properly working 'Prefer Overlay Map'.

The Zenoriu mask fix! I know bugs like that seem annoying to fix and small (Been there, fixed those before lol) but it really did matter to me, so I'm really happy it got fixed. Thanks so much y'all :) if devs see this please let whoever fixed that know that I appreciate them

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2022-12-01 at 10:57 AM, Tiltskillet said:

There's something off about it, but I am still -mostly- getting Komo in AoE mode to PT with Primed Shred.  When I say "off" the main thing is sometimes I'm not getting AoE viral procs with a 100% status build.  It might be that there is some lag between zooming in and getting the AoE properties, but I need to test more.

edit:  spent some more time on it, and there's just some weird random crap going on with this.  Possibly a simulacrum issue. 

There's a holster bug with snipers where swapping to your secondary while zoomed in, and then changing back to your sniper removes the scope in bonus. Sniper combo still applies correctly though. This effect is easiest to see with the Komorex's high zoom. The projectile will hit enemies but wont explode. I don't remember testing if using melee while aiming down sights had the same effect, and as far as I can tell this bug effected all snipers at the time I tested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMZoDo8d0RM

• Like 1