Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boycott Platinum Trading, Destroy Your Trading Posts

Brasten

For all clan leaders who disagree with DE's inclusion of Platinum as a trade-able item, I encourage you to either avoid creating a Trading Kiosk or destroy any you have already built. I will update this post in 20 hours with the destruction of the kiosk in the clan I co-warlord.

This isn't just muttering about it being a bad idea. It is a visual boycott to express dissatisfaction with a decision that was not explained in advance and one that I personally feel will bring about (has brought about) the exact kinds of message tendencies and chat spam which DE said they wanted to avoid.

*edit*

As I said I would do.

Warframe0065_zps1a7cfbc4.png

Warframe0067_zps52599dca.png

Warframe0068_zps1694a098.png

Warframe0069_zps71dbd5d4.png

Edited by Brasten

I can actually agree with this but unfortunately to many people were desperate for trading and this Plat - Mod thing came about as a result and now I honestly dunno. I feel this needs to be changed no matter what but I'm not gonna tell everyone to bomb there Kiosk, the smart ones are doing Mod - Mod trading but greedy bastards will always pop up asking for a # of Platinum for there Trades, or people just flat buying there way out of everything.

They actually said that they'd put Platinum trading in a long time ago in one of the livestreams.

If you don't like platinum trading then don't do it. But deleting your clans trading post is just an a** move.

Cry More

The problem is this is gonna bring more problems than help in Warframe if it goes bad... we'll just have to see in a month or so how the trading economy develops, but if it develops completely around Platinum Trades only problems will most likely occur.

I have my trading post building, so I have no idea what the op is talking about. Can someone explain me what's the deal with Platinum trading?

you can give platinum to people trough the trade post, if you want to trade it for something or just be nice and give spare plat to a friend.

the issue is people will exploit it somehow and will try to scam (can be avoided if your not being stupid and trade with plat with strangers)

I can actually agree with this but unfortunately to many people were desperate for trading and this Plat - Mod thing came about as a result and now I honestly dunno. I feel this needs to be changed no matter what but I'm not gonna tell everyone to bomb there Kiosk, the smart ones are doing Mod - Mod trading but greedy bastards will always pop up asking for a # of Platinum for there Trades, or people just flat buying there way out of everything.

Well it's a good thing that has literally zero impact on you what so ever.  Problem?

you can give platinum to people trough the trade post, if you want to trade it for something or just be nice and give spare plat to a friend.

the issue is people will exploit it somehow and will try to scam (can be avoided if your not being stupid and trade with plat with strangers)

I can see why some don't want it. Still, as you said, you have to be very careless to get scammed on this kind of stuff.

Thanks for the answer!

Eh, i don't know... I'd say this about ends the issues that DE have been struggling about giving Platinum to free players. It's a nice way, let's the player set his own pace and will probably be remarkably slow. They have also made a LOT of rules that protect the gold farming (Although those A******s always manage to find a way.)

Hell, once i read that the Platinum you get trough trading cannot be re-traded then i though the system would not be so bad. It's just a way for free players to get a steady revenue for Platinum with it being still aquired for free... It's kind of a good move on DE's part.

I wonder what is stopping people from farming plat via spamming new accounts?

This is the one smart thing DE did, which was to programmatically prevent the initial 50 free Plat, and any "gift" platinum from being transferable through the trade system. Assuming there aren't any bugs or exploits to be found and abused.

I have 975 platinum that I'm not using. I don't see anything wrong with spreading some plat around to help my clanmates.

OP, in your infinite wisdom (I am being sarcastic here), you forgot that randoms can't access trading kiosks. What's wrong with clanmates helping clanmates? Or is that spirit of friendly cooperation limited to Spacebattler Tenno only?

IT'S MY DAMN PLATINUM, I'LL SPEND IT HOWEVER I WISH.