Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boycott Platinum Trading, Destroy Your Trading Posts

Brasten

For all clan leaders who disagree with DE's inclusion of Platinum as a trade-able item, I encourage you to either avoid creating a Trading Kiosk or destroy any you have already built. I will update this post in 20 hours with the destruction of the kiosk in the clan I co-warlord.

This isn't just muttering about it being a bad idea. It is a visual boycott to express dissatisfaction with a decision that was not explained in advance and one that I personally feel will bring about (has brought about) the exact kinds of message tendencies and chat spam which DE said they wanted to avoid.

*edit*

As I said I would do.

Warframe0065_zps1a7cfbc4.png

Warframe0067_zps52599dca.png

Warframe0068_zps1694a098.png

Warframe0069_zps71dbd5d4.png

Aha, its not that you sacrificed something...all resources are returned.. sooo....

also... if you dont want to trade.. dont do it...

and then...why are you so made about trading for platinum?

Peopel can decide what they want to trade... its is liberty of choice...

I really dont see the problem, you can ONLY trade with ur clanmates, and they surely arent gonna cheat you are they?

Atleast i know all my clan mates personally, (we are just the smallest clan with 9 members) but it might be a problem in a 2000+ clan,

(but then again,.. why would u belong to a 2000+ clan in the first place?:)

However IF they some day "open" the trade so u can trade with everybody ingame, THEN it proberly will escalate into the known trade spamming and cheating/account hackings etc. etc..

For all clan leaders who disagree with DE's inclusion of Platinum as a trade-able item, I encourage you to either avoid creating a Trading Kiosk or destroy any you have already built. I will update this post in 20 hours with the destruction of the kiosk in the clan I co-warlord.

This isn't just muttering about it being a bad idea. It is a visual boycott to express dissatisfaction with a decision that was not explained in advance and one that I personally feel will bring about (has brought about) the exact kinds of message tendencies and chat spam which DE said they wanted to avoid.

*edit*

As I said I would do.

Warframe0065_zps1a7cfbc4.png

Warframe0067_zps52599dca.png

Warframe0068_zps1694a098.png

Warframe0069_zps71dbd5d4.png

You are so edgy.

Would you rather buy the near extortion-level amounts of plat for certain items in the market that have completely random outcomes coupled with an arbitrary price, or pay 5-10 plat/ea (fluctuating) at most for mods or keys that you KNOW you want and will get your moneys worth from?

It's almost as if you would support the whole "lootbox/lockbox/keys" moneysink business that nearly every MMO is employing to increase revenue, rather than a functional, player-driven economy that will both increase revenue for the developer and create agreeableness with the playerbase.

I wonder what is stopping people from farming plat via spamming new accounts?

They're checking IP addresses from those who logged in, reviewed the accounts if ever they are associated with the "Refer A Friend" program, understood the history of those addresses and deliver the killing blows to those accounts.

But I don't know how large DE's IT management team is, so don't ask me.

Asides from that, I approve with the Platinum trading. But the transactions themselves should rely to the players if ever they want to give out platinum or not. If they find their recipients as quite butthole nuisances, then they should ignore them by now.

Edited by Freelancer27

Well it's a good thing that has literally zero impact on you what so ever.  Problem?

Thank god someone in this thread has some common sense. Okay, I've said this a billion times in a billion threads. IF you don't like it, don't @(*()$ participate. The platinum trading in the market has brought something marvelous to warframe. A way for free to play players to, get this EARN PLATINUM. Shocking, isn't it? Let's just make a little chart that breaks it down.

Player A buys platinum. Player B offers mod for platinum. Player A purchases player B's mod, and is satisfied with the result. DE earns money. Player B earns money. Player A has saved time and effort to get a mod that he desires.

It's as simple as that kids. Don't be stupid, don't do things you feel or know are wrong, and don't get in the white van, even though there's the temptation of platinum.

Thank god someone in this thread has some common sense. Okay, I've said this a billion times in a billion threads. IF you don't like it, don't @(*()$ participate. The platinum trading in the market has brought something marvelous to warframe. A way for free to play players to, get this EARN PLATINUM. Shocking, isn't it? Let's just make a little chart that breaks it down.

Player A buys platinum. Player B offers mod for platinum. Player A purchases player B's mod, and is satisfied with the result. DE earns money. Player B earns money. Player A has saved time and effort to get a mod that he desires.

It's as simple as that kids. Don't be stupid, don't do things you feel or know are wrong, and don't get in the white van, even though there's the temptation of platinum.

This, I agree on very much.

I'm glad we have this. I just got two mods I've never seen drop for 19 plat, and the players trading with me seemed to appriciate the trade as much as I did. I think it's excellent, and it allows F2P players to get plat for slots etc. without adding them to alerts and missions (which would be stupid).
I think it's bloody excellent.

I really dont see the problem, you can ONLY trade with ur clanmates, and they surely arent gonna cheat you are they?

Atleast i know all my clan mates personally, (we are just the smallest clan with 9 members) but it might be a problem in a 2000+ clan,

However IF they some day "open" the trade so u can trade with everybody ingame, THEN it proberly will escalate into the known trade spamming and cheating/account hackings etc. etc..

You can invite people into your dojo

You can trade with anyone mate, you /invite name them in your dojo and trade with them at your kiosk.. even clanless people =)