Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestions for Puncture, and Gas.

Turboameeba

Puncture is a great candidate for reworking. Players have other sources of survivability.. And the word puncture gives a whole another impression than dealing less damage. There are A LOT of weapons hardly anyone uses, that have puncture. Reworking how puncture works, would be a great way to make al lthose weapons more relevant again, without having to rework all of them. There are increasingly more, and more gear that gets left behind.. Sooner, or later many of the core game modes, and systems have to be re-visited more, and when you do.. This is something to keep in mind too ^^ There are always ways to make unpopular things more popular again with reasonably easier changes, rather than having to rework everything one by one.. Of course I am not a game developer..

Also it is a shame that Gas caps at 10 stacks.. I am sure people wouldn't mind, if it was just a little bit weaker, but we were able to play around with more stacks, and build around it.

Yeah, Puncture is kinda an irrelevant damage type right now.
Slash is king, Impact at least has mercy kill gimmick going for it as well as synergy with Slash due to those funny mods.

But Puncture... Its' primary identity comes from the fact that it deals extra damage against armoured enemies, but this role has long been outdated.
First of all: there are others far more viable ways of just straight up removing armour and killing people that way.
Both Corrosion and Radiation exists.
Viral + Heat status builds are king in high level content.
Raw damage has fallen out of style, and even in cases when it doesn't (like status immune bosses) - again, Corrosion and Rad are kings and while having a gun that does innate puncture will help - it will not help by a lot.

And as you said - who the hell cares that enemy deals less damage? If people want to survive - they just pick Rhino, Inaros and other various warframes that refuse to die and do it that way. Far more preferable than limiting the damage output of just ONE enemy.

So yeah, the thing needs some rework. Gas too, although it's not as bad. At least it still deals damage.

3 hours ago, Turboameeba said:

Also it is a shame that Gas caps at 10 stacks..

I'd like a gas buff, but the stack limit is  actually interesting to me.  It makes it he only dot where we're really encouraged to use high damage, low RoF weapons, which aren't very well leveraged in most of the game.

For a simple change, I'd prefer some combination of modestly increasing its radius and either raising its damage per stack,or enabling heat and toxin to contribute to that damage.

I'll point out that gas can actually be very good already, but takes a lot of setup because it's so dependent on grouping, armor strip, and damage multipliers. So it may not need a huge buff.

For puncture I like @DealerOfAbsolutesidea of giving  it a health damage multplier debuff.  Like viral, but smaller and either additive with it or only the larger bonus takes effect or the total bonus is capped.

what if Gas, applied a Toxin Proc to enemies that remain in the clouds? "poison gas"

That might make it worth using.

Considering, Gas requires both Toxin+Heat to make, seems kinda silly for Gas to be less effective than either of the ingredients. Having it inherit the effects of Toxin, just on a larger AoE Gas Cloud dispersion method seems fair....

31 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

what if Gas, applied a Toxin Proc to enemies that remain in the clouds? "poison gas"

That might make it worth using.

Considering, Gas requires both Toxin+Heat to make, seems kinda silly for Gas to be less effective than either of the ingredients. Having it inherit the effects of Toxin, just on a larger AoE Gas Cloud dispersion method seems fair....

Seems unlikely DE would ever backtrack and bring that back.  Then again...self damage...so what do I know?

Archived