Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I HATE the mechanics for building an AMP. Let me just BUY one.

Spamwagon

I don't ever want to step foot in that open world zone again (Plains of Eidolon).  It is basically a giant map full of tedious SUCK.  

PLEASE give me the option to purchase them from other players for platinum, or slightly substandard versions from the vendor - really ANYTHING but make me play in Eidolon.  I hate it.  I don't want to do anything there.

I prefer to spend my time doing the lobby-based shooter stuff.  However, you guys are pushing the whole "OPERATOR" thing more and more with the story content, which makes the grindy crap I hate more of a requirement than an alternate gaming mode.    I want to see and play the great story content, but I absolutely DO NOT want to do any of that horrible crap in Cetus or Fortuna.

If all you want to do is pass the bare minimum of operator-required things, Mote Amp is fine up to New War, and NW even gives you a little upgrade. And since NW gives you that upgrade, my expectations are the bare minimum of Duviri will be passable with it. Obviously if you want to do more damage, you will need to work for at least a Raplak, but the good news is a 1xx is actually really good. Yes, it's grind, and you can get better Scaffolds and Braces from extra grind, but you can put in the minimal amount of grind and still get one of the better Amp prisms for shooting stuff in the game.

Okay so I thought you were just ignoring the buy an amp for platinum option but much to my surprise that doesn't actually exist. There not being a "Daily special" of a set of amp parts to buy for platinum like every other modular item except deimos pets is bizarre and you can at least trade deimos pet imprints between players.

• Moas have a daily special
  • Kitguns have a daily special
  • Zaws have a daily special
  • Kdrives have daily special
  • Hounds don't but there is no store for them and the unbuilt parts are tradeable I believe.

1 hour ago, Drasiel said:

Okay so I thought you were just ignoring the buy an amp for platinum option but much to my surprise that doesn't actually exist. There not being a "Daily special" of a set of amp parts to buy for platinum like every other modular item except deimos pets is bizarre and you can at least trade deimos pet imprints between players.

• Moas have a daily special
  • Kitguns have a daily special
  • Zaws have a daily special
  • Kdrives have daily special
  • Hounds don't but there is no store for them and the unbuilt parts are tradeable I believe.

the characters that sell amp parts aren't really the "daily special" types. That wouldn't make any sense for the quills. This is also true to Loid, I believe, there's no daily specials that he has. Ticker does not have plat based daily specials either, does she?

However, the mote amp is atrocious. Probably fine for OP if they don't want to use their operator, but I've had newer players I've helped get 1-1-1 amps and it can be a bit of a pain. I don't know how I feel about this. On one hand, you shouldn't be able to buy your way through most of the content imo, on the other hand, if you bring a mote amp to a eidolon fight, or anything where you actually have to do damage with your amp, people that aren't your friends or clanmates will get pissy sometimes.

It seems like there should be some sort of compromise. Though OP doesn't want to do any open world content and I'm not sure you should be able to just skip through all of that entirely. I'm of a mixed mind. There should be something, but not along the lines of daily specials, and I'm not sure it should allow you to skip through all the open world content.

That said, I bought all the boards for k-drives but the infested one because I couldn't grind and grinding the Pearl was the only real way to get standing at the time. Once the races were made better, I did max faction with the Ventkids, but still...

Hmm, something to think about.

I hated AMP and Operator stuff before, but I really enjoy it with focus rework. I can even solo eidolons now with new Madurai. Not even saying I can use Operator on low lvl missions like Lich Hunts and Arbitrations.
As it said, yes you getting Mote upgrade in TNW quest.

17 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

the characters that sell amp parts aren't really the "daily special" types. That wouldn't make any sense for the quills. This is also true to Loid, I believe, there's no daily specials that he has. Ticker does not have plat based daily specials either, does she?

However, the mote amp is atrocious. Probably fine for OP if they don't want to use their operator, but I've had newer players I've helped get 1-1-1 amps and it can be a bit of a pain. I don't know how I feel about this. On one hand, you shouldn't be able to buy your way through most of the content imo, on the other hand, if you bring a mote amp to a eidolon fight, or anything where you actually have to do damage with your amp, people that aren't your friends or clanmates will get pissy sometimes.

It seems like there should be some sort of compromise. Though OP doesn't want to do any open world content and I'm not sure you should be able to just skip through all of that entirely. I'm of a mixed mind. There should be something, but not along the lines of daily specials, and I'm not sure it should allow you to skip through all the open world content.

That said, I bought all the boards for k-drives but the infested one because I couldn't grind and grinding the Pearl was the only real way to get standing at the time. Once the races were made better, I did max faction with the Ventkids, but still...

Hmm, something to think about.

Ticker doesn't sell any modular items are you thinking of Rude Zuud for kitguns or Little Duck for amps?

It makes as much sense for quills to have a daily special of 3 built amp parts as the other modular open world items zaws, kitguns, kdrives, and moas. I can't think of a lore reason why they wouldn't offer that especially since they have the whole future vision and could go "man some tenno will need this but have problems building it I will future peak and create an amp just for them!" boom daily special.

So the daily special offer seems to only show up on the original modular sellers added to the game. You can see this with Rude Zuud and Father, both have kit gun parts, both can build kitguns, both can entitle; donate; sell, but only Zuud has a daily special. We can extrapolate that if the 3 quills equivalent factions had a daily special then it would only appear on the quills store. Little Duck currently sells amp blueprints, builds them, and can entitle; donate; sell. Loid doesn't sell any amp parts and is missing all of the other amp options too.

44 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

highlighting a bug, since it makes no sense why the deimos pets would have imprints at all

they have imprints because if you mix and match them you can get ones with multiple defence types from the mutagens. Imprints aren't a bug for deimos pets they are a feature.

1 hour ago, Drasiel said:

they have imprints because if you mix and match them you can get ones with multiple defence types from the mutagens. Imprints aren't a bug for deimos pets they are a feature.

how can you mix and match them when the only place to use imprints is the incubator?

38 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

how can you mix and match them when the only place to use imprints is the incubator?

Do you... not know how this works? You can take a kubrow egg in the icubator and use kavat, kubrow, predasite, or vulpaphyla imprints. Just like with kubrow and kavat imprints you can use two different predasite or two different vulpaphyla imprints to breed a new version of the imprints with possible traits from both. In the case of Predasites and Vulphaphyla's this means that the polarity and cosmetic options from the antigens are chosen randomly between the two imprints while in the case of the mutagen defences they stack together granting all the defences from both imprints.

Just now, Drasiel said:

Do you... not know how this works? You can take a kubrow egg in the icubator and use kavat, kubrow, predasite, or vulpaphyla imprints. Just like with kubrow and kavat imprints you can use two different predasite or two different vulpaphyla imprints to breed a new version of the imprints with possible traits from both. In the case of Predasites and Vulphaphyla's this means that the polarity and cosmetic options from the antigens are chosen randomly between the two imprints while in the case of the mutagen defences they stack together granting all the defences from both imprints.

then why does the wiki for genetic code templates not have this info?

8 minutes ago, Drasiel said:

also no mention of something like this on the predasite wiki page either

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

then why does the wiki for genetic code templates not have this info?

because the wiki is run by volunteers and they haven't added it? The wiki is run pretty decently but it's nowhere near perfect. Earlier this year the juggernaut was listed as only being immune to viral status when it was actually immune to both viral status and viral damage (yes that means you can't damage it all with any viral damage modded onto or inherent to weapons). That's a pretty big thing to miss about an enemy that's been in game for 7 years at this point.

Imprinting and breeding deimos pets was added in update 29.5 here's the pertinent patch note or you can read it yourself Here.

image.png

14 minutes ago, Drasiel said:

because the wiki is run by volunteers and they haven't added it? The wiki is run pretty decently but it's nowhere near perfect. Earlier this year the juggernaut was listed as only being immune to viral status when it was actually immune to both viral status and viral damage (yes that means you can't damage it all with any viral damage modded onto or inherent to weapons). That's a pretty big thing to miss about an enemy that's been in game for 7 years at this point.

Imprinting and breeding deimos pets was added in update 29.5 here's the pertinent patch note or you can read it yourself Here.

image.png

also, if this is a thing, why can i only find one video on youtube searching "warframe vulph breeding" that even says anything about this? are there no actual guides on how this even works?

16 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

also, if this is a thing, why can i only find one video on youtube searching "warframe vulph breeding" that even says anything about this? are there no actual guides on how this even works?

Because it is currently pointless due to a bug with the defences. The defences provided by the mutagens don't actually work. So you can breed an every defence vulp or predasite and it won't matter because none of the defences are actually creating the weaknesses and resistances they should be. This bug has been there since launch and when people first started imprinting deimos pets it got wider attention so while we can breed them and it is intentional there is no point and that's pretty well known among the people that are interested in breeding pets. Since there's no point in breeding them until the bug is fixed there is no point in making guides for it.

I'm not sure why you think that an explicit addition listed in the official patch notes found on the official forums that live on the official website are an inadequate source just because the non official sources like the wiki and youtubers don't mention it.

Archived