Semi-auto distinction needed

(XBOX)elementXGHILLIE

With the recent semi weapon changes and people being upset with them. I want to give my thoughts on how to distinguish semi-auto weapons from each other.

Make changes based on the identity of the weapon not the urge to make semi-slower. Some weapons this is fine other no.

Examples:

Aklex- the use of this weapon in my opinion should be as that of a desert eagle. Slow fire rate, high damage, medium reload

Akvasto- Should be medium to high damage per shot, medium to high fire rate, long reload. If you want to make this a literal hand cannon, give low fire rate(with a hammer pulling animation) and a long reload. Now this is a variation of the Aklex where you trade, a little bit of damage for a little bit of speed.

Aklato- This should be low to medium damage, high fire rate, and low reload speed. It makes since that the weapon be fast shooting as it is small and a lower caliber.

Comparing burst modes:

Tiberion- this is a larger weapon, with multiple firing modes, focusing on the size of the weapon. It should be low fire rate, high damage, medium reload. 

Burston - The only advantage this had on the Tiberion was Fire rate, but instead you gave it lower CC, lower damage, and the same fire rate as the tiberion. This should be the faster shooting of the burst weapons. The augment should be an option not a forced choice.

Comparing Semi changes

Komerex-This is a sniper rifle, large caliber, typically low fire.

Latron wraith- This is a semi rifle. This now has the same fire rate as the Komerex, for 30 less damage and without the ability to scope and gain multiplier. The latron also has an augment that needs fire rate to proc.

I'm not saying the changes are bad, but they are attempting to make every weapon the same.

The majority of the weapons had their fire rate lowered to an arbitrary standard rate of 5. They are starting to blur together.

Edited by (XBOX)elementXGHILLIE

52 minutes ago, (XBOX)elementXGHILLIE said:

Akvasto- Should be medium to high damage per shot, medium to high fire rate, long reload. If you want to make this a literal hand cannon, give low fire rate(with a hammer pulling animation) and a long reload. Now this is a variation of the Aklex where you trade, a little bit of damage for a little bit of speed.

While I know some people who like the (ak)Vasto probably won't fancy the weapons being "Lex Lite", I do like the idea of them behaving like revolvers, having a short cocking animation before firing. It'd be unique and, I feel, Warframe is one of the few places where such a mechanic is "allowed". (Or at least fits well.)

54 minutes ago, (XBOX)elementXGHILLIE said:

I'm not saying the changes are bad, but they are attempting to make every weapon the same.

I'll say it:

The changes DE made are bad.

DE's stated idea is to keep semi-auto fire rates within human-capable ranges, so players don't need to rely on macros (or mousewheel binding jank) to get the most out of those weapons.

However, walk into a Haste mote from Wisp and that idea immediately goes out the window. I'm also pretty sure that "human capable" gets stretched as soon as you slap any fire rate mod on the 5RPS weapons. Maybe it's my old age talking, but I find 8RPS pretty uncomfortable for any prolonged period, and that's just a Lato Vandal with Lethal Torrent.

From the get-go, they ought to have been putting in a semi-to-auto accessibility feature. That not only fixes the above "needing to rely on a macro" issue, guaranteed, but it makes those weapons more accessible in general to players with RSIs.

If they want to make semi-autos (as a class) using that feature unique from auto weapons, they could also change how fire rate mods affect them. Maybe instead of simply firing faster, it keeps the same / similar fire rate, but fires more rounds per trigger pull (like an additional multishot modifier) with extra recoil. Basically the behaviours of increased fire rate, but squished into a single trigger pull.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tyreaus said:

While I know some people who like the (ak)Vasto probably won't fancy the weapons being "Lex Lite", I do like the idea of them behaving like revolvers, having a short cocking animation before firing. It'd be unique and, I feel, Warframe is one of the few places where such a mechanic is "allowed". (Or at least fits well.)

I should've clarified, they NOW feel like a Lex lite because they NOW have a little more fire rate and a little less damage per shot.

The change would be to nerf their fire rate and reload substantially below the Lex, add animations, and give it Ooga Booga damage.

Edited by (XBOX)elementXGHILLIE

3 hours ago, Tyreaus said:

I'll say it:

The changes DE made are bad.

DE's stated idea is to keep semi-auto fire rates within human-capable ranges, so players don't need to rely on macros (or mousewheel binding jank) to get the most out of those weapons.

However, walk into a Haste mote from Wisp and that idea immediately goes out the window. I'm also pretty sure that "human capable" gets stretched as soon as you slap any fire rate mod on the 5RPS weapons. Maybe it's my old age talking, but I find 8RPS pretty uncomfortable for any prolonged period, and that's just a Lato Vandal with Lethal Torrent.

From the get-go, they ought to have been putting in a semi-to-auto accessibility feature. That not only fixes the above "needing to rely on a macro" issue, guaranteed, but it makes those weapons more accessible in general to players with RSIs.

If they want to make semi-autos (as a class) using that feature unique from auto weapons, they could also change how fire rate mods affect them. Maybe instead of simply firing faster, it keeps the same / similar fire rate, but fires more rounds per trigger pull (like an additional multishot modifier) with extra recoil. Basically the behaviours of increased fire rate, but squished into a single trigger pull.

Maybe DE should make it so any fire rate: innate, modded, or buffed above 15 should just be automatic. Would give fire rate mods more use.