The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Stalker Is Getting Out Of Hand

leonvision

Yesterday he showed up in Apollodorus while I was leveling Valkyr (rank14 iirc).

Lights flicker: "Better get to extraction".

He spawns: I yell "you are not gonna catch me!" as I Rip Line into the air to get some speed.

I'm suddenly teleported to him, staggered and slash-dash OHK'd.

Wow. Such challenge.

I'm aborting now every single mission when the lights flicker. Good job, the Stalker has now officially become "Cryo Leak 2".

Seems like he's back to his old, weak self. He attacked a party of mine during a Xini run, and we were all riled up to be fighting the stupidly-overpowered post-U11 one with no real chance of winning. He ragdolled over one of the rails within three seconds of spawning. It's certainly an improvement from the stupidity that we've had to deal with for a week and a bit, but still needs a bunch of tweaks.

Anyone know if he still has that stupid "if-you-have-a-Shade-with-you-then-you-are-instantly-dead" ability?

Edited by SortaRandom

Don't even talk. You wanna know how you fight him without his cheap-&#! bullS#&$? You climb on a @(*()$ crate so his AI takes a massive S#&$ as it cannot handle METAL BAWKSES of all things. If you fight him on the floor, he'll hit you with a 1.2k slash dash or insta-stagger you with his nullifying smokebomb if you have any buff power up and then he'll unload Despairs into you. So it's either fight the five year old with their magical shield of beating everything or beating up a child with special needs, neither feels very rewarding if you come out on top.

doesn't he use pull/despair/dread/etc?

@SortaRandom

I encountered him after the patch yesterday and I can still say that he uses his dispel constantly if you have shade because of how fast shade can re-cloak you. So yes, shade is still a giant "Kill me!" sign that gets you stagger-locked if stalker just happens to show up and you are using it on any frame.

I was using shade to get pics of some crawler types in eris when stalker made his appearance. It sucks that using shade could actively hurt you with the stalker's dispel.

DE really needs to find a way to fix it so that if you have a shade he dispels on shade, not you, and prevents shade from using cloak for a long time. That way you aren't getting hit by 100 damage from dispel and being constantly staggered as he attacks you with his weapons.

Edited by Tsukinoki

Since this thread's last reply is dated today I will post here instead of opening another thread.

Today I got a visit from the Stalker, and I was hunting for Vaults in a Derelict ship, with the Gobbled Dragon Key (the one that makes you slower) and a dozen Infested monsters on my tail. Well, guess what, I was amazed to see his new moves and all the like, but the tough guy didn't kill me. Actually, his arrows only took a 200-300 hitpoints from shields/health each, and by the time he was about to kill me I fried him. Even with a freaking Dragon Key in my inventory.

I wasn't using a Rhino, but a Volt. I was using chemical lab weapons (Synapse + Djinn's Stinger).

My guess is, luring him into mobs should still work, and corrosive damage will be a good idea for when you take his shields down.

I still have to understand how did I survive the massive damage storm he is able to dish out now, though - because I did get wiped out once, but that was either with an Ember and underleveled weapons on with a freshly crafted Valkyr, can't remember which one. This time I was with Volt (1110/780).

I am holding my judgement on the Stalker until next time, though I'm quite sure he'll be packing a mean punch when he'll pay me another visit.

Edited by Vintovka

Some guys are just too 'hardcore', it would seem. And then the rest of us casuals suffer for their "challenges". Let's see what the next patch update will yield...

More weapons, less fixes.  The Hardcore drive this game.  They're on the Design Council, even if it's just voting on polls, they decide the route of the game, then there are all these threads that they show up and complain about our complaints, after that is all the 'This game is too easy!' threads.

He's supposed to be a figure to be feared,not to be taken lightly.

All but the highest ranking of players can fight him now,and maybe that's for the best..

Why?

Because instead of a pussy with good theatrics,now he's a figure worthy of "OH S#&$,HE'S HERE" type of reputation he's supposed to be.

He's not unbeatable(a high ranked player can beat him),but he's not someone you want to cross on any mission at any point.

Yes he might need per user scaling and a drop rate fix,but it's better that what he was before no doubt

All but the highest ranking of players can fight him now,and maybe that's for the best..

Why?

Because instead of a pussy with good theatrics,now he's a figure worthy of "OH S#&$,HE'S HERE" type of reputation he's supposed to be.

He's not unbeatable(a high ranked player can beat him),but he's not someone you want to cross on any mission at any point.

Yes he might need per user scaling and a drop rate fix,but it's better that what he was before no doubt

You're not getting it.  It's not "OH *BEEEEP!* HE'S HERE!  RUN!", it's more of a 'Aw man, again?  Fine, kill me, I'll just do this mission again, whatever.'

There is no threat, no fear, there's boredom and tedium.  You either suck up the revive, or you do like I do and forfeit the mission, and go play something else for a while.

Why?

Lol, so he just becomes the boogeyman that eats your revives once per mission? 

Okay.

Ah yes, he's still a 'pussy' for spamming the same abilities and one shotting you instead of giving you a fair, well balanced, fight. 

Lol, so he just becomes the boogeyman that eats your revives once per mission? 

Okay.

Ah yes, he's still a 'pussy' for spamming the same abilities and one shotting you instead of giving you a fair, well balanced, fight. 

Like we do to the bosses :P?

More weapons, less fixes.  The Hardcore drive this game.  They're on the Design Council, even if it's just voting on polls, they decide the route of the game, then there are all these threads that they show up and complain about our complaints, after that is all the 'This game is too easy!' threads.

You'd be surprised how little influence the Design Council has.  It's mostly just used as a place for DE to give sneak peeks at upcoming changes.  Occasionally there will be a poll, or a member of the staff will ask for feedback on a very specific thing.  The biggest thing the Design Council has ever decided was the theme of Nova (and indirectly, Nekros).  Plus, non-staff aren't allowed to create new threads in Design Council, which means we couldn't demand certain changes even if we wanted to. 

Additionally, plenty of Masters and Grand Masters have tried raising awareness of the terrible new-player experience.  Everything else is up to DE. 

Well to be fair, we sorta did name Valkyr.

But yeah, usually it is just previews of upcoming stuff without asking us for any feedback.

I like how we recently just 3 more weapons (Cernos, Dual Kamas, and AkLex) and then a few days later, another weapon (Magnus). I would happily pick bugfixes and a Stalker nerf over the Magnus.

But I guess some things aren't meant to be...

I like how we recently just 3 more weapons (Cernos, Dual Kamas, and AkLex) and then a few days later, another weapon (Magnus). I would happily pick bugfixes and a Stalker nerf over the Magnus.

But I guess some things aren't meant to be...

They gotta distract us some how...