The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archon Amar bypass my Mesmer skin and killed me, bug or intented?

leachPrime

Question

It sounds crazy. It wasn't I don't know how to play Revenant or am I not paying attention to skin charges but just a rare encounter that bypass my Revenant Mesmer skin. 

I was hunting archon Amar and in second phase Amar emits rotating light walls. That killed me. I was like "What?". And I had to spam protective sling just to find him(edit: in another run of course). 

Is this intended or a bug? I'm really confused.

5 answers to this question

2 hours ago, leachPrime said:

It sounds crazy. It wasn't I don't know how to play Revenant or am I not paying attention to skin charges but just a rare encounter that bypass my Revenant Mesmer skin. 

I was hunting archon Amar and in second phase Amar emits rotating light walls. That killed me. I was like "What?". And I had to spam protective sling just to find him(edit: in another run of course). 

Is this intended or a bug? I'm really confused.

Some of the archons abilities count as Environmental damage (like fire ground or magnetic cloud) and Environmental damage bypass Mesmer skin but, not only Mesmer skin... ignore the Frost Snow Globe, Gara Mass Vitrify and any ability that is triggered by hits.

11 minutes ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

Some of the archons abilities count as Environmental damage (like fire ground or magnetic cloud) and Environmental damage bypass Mesmer skin but, not only Mesmer skin... ignore the Frost Snow Globe, Gara Mass Vitrify and any ability that is triggered by hits.

Given my experience playing Revenant, environmental damage can't kill him while he has Mesmer Skin charges. The most it'll do is reduce his HP to 2, but it will never kill him.

It's possible the OP's Mesmer Skin charges were low and didn't notice they ran out until it was too late. It could very well be a bug too.

10 minutes ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

Thanks. I was really confused. Now this makes sense.

2 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

Given my experience playing Revenant, environmental damage can't kill him while he has Mesmer Skin charges. The most it'll do is reduce his HP to 2, but it will never kill him.

It's possible the OP's Mesmer Skin charges were low and didn't notice they ran out until it was too late. It could very well be a bug too.

Yea idk. It may very well be that my hp was reduced very low and my skin charges ran out. But I remember my charges were 8 or maybe I was confusing to 3. Idk. So as you said, this could have been a bug too. A very rare bug.

Archived