Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Attacks In The Direction Of The Camera

shut

There was an option before to disable this, and allow the WASD keys have a higher priority than the camera for melee attack direction. With U11, it was forced-on, and I can't find the option to disable it.

I'd like to see this back, please. As a former Vindictus player, being able to melee attack in a direction that isn't the camera really means a lot to me.

Before U11, we had the option for camera facing melee ON/OFF

now its "Melee Assist" if you turn it on, we can melee without facing camera, however, it seems to "lock on" nearby enemies

Turning Melee assist off is back to facing camera mode

not sure if this is intended

Before U11, we had the option for camera facing melee ON/OFF

now its "Melee Assist" if you turn it on, we can melee without facing camera, however, it seems to "lock on" nearby enemies

Turning Melee assist off is back to facing camera mode

not sure if this is intended

I tried Melee Assist on and off. Wouldn't let me turn away from the camera while melee-ing either way.

Yeah, the melee assist does absolutely nothing for me. Or, if it does something,  the effect is so ridiculously unhelpful / unnoticable.  I'm now using my right hand to aim melee attacks, on top of every other thing it has to do.

Left Hand:  Move, Aim/Zoom

Right Hand: Jump, Use, Reload, Melee, Switch Weapons, Fire, Aim.

So for me to aim a melee attack (And I main weapons like Fang and Obex, so lololol) I have to completely take my thumb off of jumping, so no jumping melee or using jump to evade for me, and I have to completely turn my camera just to make sure it's dead center on an enemy to melee them? Especially if they attack me from the back, or sides.

Come on, this change was unnecessary.