The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Perigale's Gale Force does not always activate with consecutive hits when used Client side.

IDystopiaI

Normally the Perigale gives an infinite ammo buff for 4 seconds after 4 consecutive headshots. This buff can fail to activate if you are a client. This bug occurs on other enemies as well if they can survive 4 consecutive headshots.

Reproduction:

1. Join a game as a client.
  2. Land 4 headshots in one burst on an enemy that can survive all 4 shots
  3. Gale force usually fails to activate ~75% of the time

I usually notice this happening a couple minutes into a mission if I'm on the Plains of Eidolon, so I'm not sure if operator mode is related to triggering the bug.

Host was a console player and I was on Pc, but I don't believe that has any effect on reproducing the bug.

*Gale Force activating on a headshot kill still works correctly client side.

• 1 month later...

Gale Force fails to activate on enemies Enthralled by Revenant.

Reproduction:

1. Shoot an enemy in the head who is under the effects of Enthrall, can be an ally Revenant's or your own.
  2. If you were able to land 4 headshots within one burst or get a headshot kill, and shoot again you will see your ammo depleting, and no Gale Force buff.

Gale Force not activating on enthralled enemy

Expected behavior:

If the Perigale lands 4 headshots within one burst or gets a headshot kill, the Gale Force buff should be granted.

For comparison the clip also shows that the Knell is able to activate its "Death Knell" buff on an Enthralled enemy correctly.

The Perigale is flawed in the way it is currently balanced. At its base ammo capacity it can only fire a total of 9 bursts before running out of ammo. A maxed rank "Vigilante Supplies" only enough ammo for one burst, a maxed raked "Sniper Ammo Mutation" does not provide enough ammo to fully refill one magazine. It's functionally a single target weapon with the ammo economy of a launcher. The reduced ammo drop rate, teammate load outs and if you're a client, the inability to proc its Gale Force buff on landing 4 consecutive headshots in one burst can make this weapon unusable for certain missions. The recent changes to squad ammo restores also does not help, as they only restore 3 bursts once every 15s.

• 2 months later...

Gale Force will sometimes partially apply for clients. It seems like the timed buff still isn't granted, but the remainder of the burst after landing 4 headshots does not consume ammo.

Clip of Gale Force applying correctly as a host:

https://imgur.com/deFOa8s

Clip of Gale Force only working for the duration of the burst when used as a client

https://imgur.com/ok0JVL1

In the clip you can see my ammo count go from 12 -> 10 -> 8 -> 5 -> 3 -> 0 (at least for a portion of those shots, after reloading each burst consumes 4 shots per burst).

Playing around with multi-shot values effects how much ammo is consumed per burst but still fails to give the timed buff.

Archived