Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's Talk Sentinels (Aka Pets)

EclecticDragon

I'm sort of surprised no-one has made a thread about them after it was mentioned at the q&a session DE had. So to kick it off here are my thoughts on it.

I love the idea, of taking mags from phanstasy star and actually being able to tell it how to operate in combat. the only thing I'm not sure of is are they going to hang close to the player like in phanstasy star or are they going to be a bit more free spirited. if they are more like Phanstasy star in that aspect then I think it would actually be pretty interesting if they were the ones that produced the light rather then it just coming out of the camera.

Hopefully if DE expands upon could do with the sentinels then they may very well become one fo the major facets in the game when it comes to customizablity. But untill update 7 comes out I guess we just have wait and see how they handle it.

Can I please get an attack hawk or falcon, all sci-fi with sharp edges. Yes. Thank you!

I wouldn't mind a sentient sword or daggers, either. Something similar to the hovering blade familiar from Symphony of the Night (Casltevania).

Or I'll take a "Scotty" sentinel. It's basically non-combatant that can create portals or "beam me up..." to different areas on a map. If there were a bigger map we could access (maybe part of this sentinel) then I could select a destination location for the familiar--say a stack of health and energy orbs I remember seeing a ways back. Then I just walk or run through it and am zapped to that location.

I could also select empty space outside the ship. In this case maybe it creates a vacuum that sucks out enemies or allows me to push them through...?

Edited by RawGritz

Question is, what kind of pets will sentinels be?

Since they made a reference to PSO's mags, it's possible sentinels might just be something hovering next to our shoulders.

I'm looking forward to the release of sentinels, curious on what they're bringing out!

In the Design council thread we discused this acctually. Its going to be so small you cant ride it, and its going to float... My impression floating like ED-E but the size of a Scavenger bot from Dead Space 3... maybe even similar appearances... we will just have to wait and see... of course I think a chibi warframe or Lotus would make a cool sentinel...

In the Design council thread we discused this acctually. Its going to be so small you cant ride it, and its going to float... My impression floating like ED-E but the size of a Scavenger bot from Dead Space 3... maybe even similar appearances... we will just have to wait and see... of course I think a chibi warframe or Lotus would make a cool sentinel...

Chibi-edition is what dungeon defenders uses for familiars (they call them animus).

The possible "problem" with that is that its "kinda" tied to the shape what they do then. fx, a chibi-ember would be a fire-something helper.

Which ofc could/would make sense if you could have more than one of them.

If you only have 1 per warframe (so that the total of chibi = number of frames currently active (which would be a restriction that the freeplayers would complain about (and rightly so))), that would be an interesting way of handling the "strategic" challenge of it. Ofc it would also impose a limit of a kind, its all about how they implement "changes" to the chibi really.

I'm not a fan of combat active pets in any game, and I sincerely worry about how it will affect this game. I'm sure they're gonna do a good job and all... but I really don't want to be Ash Ketchum in space.

I don't think its going to be as indepth as pokemon on the whole pet system and it seems like we are going to build them and give them a variety of presets. Attack preset , loot preset , maybe defence preset? Etc....

I'm not a fan of combat active pets in any game, and I sincerely worry about how it will affect this game. I'm sure they're gonna do a good job and all... but I really don't want to be Ash Ketchum in space.

I wanna be the very best~

I would love to have a little flying robot pick up the loot I might miss, personally.

I wanna be the very best~

I would love to have a little flying robot pick up the loot I might miss, personally.

To be honest, collecting warframes already feels like collecting Pokemon as soon as you get one or two that you are comfortable with. I actually said that yesterday evening to some friends as well, funny that you bring it up the day after.

the devs will start small,

it be proof of concept phase...

if we love it they will be begin to update it...

and maybe we will start getting ninja wolf, cyborg hawk, or even pets that look like the animal each warframe looks like.