The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So.. Can This Be Interpreted As Pay To Win?

Detheroc

You all dont get my point. I dont care about the items you can farm ingame ( new prime gear except extractor ) because they are not exclusive. May i quote myself?

Im talking about the twice as efficient EXCLUSIVE titan extractor..

OK the term p2w is in no use in a pve game. But still you pay to get a twice as efficient item over the f2p players. This shouldnt happen cause you cant get the prime extractor as f2p user nor can upgrade your titan extractor to the level of the primed.

lets get this straight once and for all...

f2p=free to play=you can achieve everything a paying customer gets for his money

p2w=pay2win=your cant achieve something a paying customer gets...

every single weapon and mod (except founderpack which is exclusiv but has no gamebreaking effect) can be achieved by every single player...

the only thing needed is time and luck... nothing more...

The Extractors are just for convenience. You can get materials yourself, after all.

It is just about the principle. You cant say "no its not" because the item doesnt make you significantly stronger. Its just the simple "Pay to get better stuff than f2p" All im saying is that this is the beginning of "p2w". Edited by Detheroc

OK the term p2w is in no use in a pve game. But still you pay to get a twice as efficient item over the f2p players. This shouldnt happen cause you cant get the prime extractor as f2p user nor can upgrade your titan extractor to the level of the primed.

And I'm telling you that means jack diddly squat.  It makes zero difference on how you play the game, whether or not someone who shelled out $140 can idle-farm faster than a f2p player.  Zero.  There are no winners or losers in this, because it isn't a competition.  You can still farm a lot of mats, if you put the time in.  That's how Pay for Convenience works.

And no, the prime weapons arent exclusive so you can cut them out 

First: my browser is capable of wrapping a sentence to the next line when it reaches it's max width just fine. Please do not use enter after every five words, that makes for really annoying reading.

Second; the weapons in the founder packs are exclusive.

Third; the weapons in this pack come with potatoes and a weapon slot, so does the frame (and presumably the drone too).

Fourth: drama much?

I cant get the extractor prime right? And its twice as good as the one i can get from the market right? That is my point.

your point is contrived and stupid.

2x a handful of resources is something to cry about?

really?

the only people who would benefit from something like that, are newbies.

and honestly... newbies should not be "investing" that kind of cash in any game.

only vets really have any call to do that, but by that point, there is no point in doing so.

Ok thats enough. Cut the "but the drone is S#&$ and it wont change anything". It still is something that affects the game and gameplay. Just like a weapon. Now imagine if there was an EXCLUSIVE weapon in that bundle that was twice as efficient ( for say, Cestra Vandal, which was twice as efficient than the normal marketplace Cestra ) that would be exactly like the extractor, but everyone would whine about it cause a weapon is more important than a gathering drone? Do i see that right?

Edited by Detheroc

It is just about the principle. You cant say "no its not" because the item doesnt make you significantly stronger. Its just the simple "Pay to get better stuff than f2p" All im saying is that this is the beginning of "p2w".

It doesn't make you any stronger whatsoever. The ability to deploy better resource drones than F2Players just makes it slightly more convenient for you. It makes it easier to craft items. F2Players can still do it, so I don't consider it pay-to-win. P2W is when you pay to win the game. If you could buy mastery ranks, I would complain. If you could pay to insta-complete the starmap, I'd complain. If you could pay for experience, I'd complain.

But nope. You pay for affinity boosters to make it easier to get mastery ranks and EXP. You pay to get an already completed weapon so you can play now and not later. The only thing that is at least slightly P2W would be superchargers, which are a little rare. Why not complain about potatoes instead of resource extractors?

Also, FFS, you can directly buy resources! Complain about that, not the ability to obtain resources effortlessly faster than other players!

The titan extractor's main function is to yield resources which you can already access on a free account.

To get 1 more polarity you can just use a forma which can also be found free in-game.

Not getting your point.

As others have pointed out, it's pay2sleepmore, not pay2win. It is only pay2win to the losers and the lazy. 

I cant get the extractor prime right? And its twice as good as the one i can get from the market right? That is my point.

Your point is just invalid, because the normal drone is giving you the same recources... -.-

Srsly your just saving time with this prime drone nothing more and thats not p2w...

Recources are to craft something... but still you have to gather the recources...

Ok thats enough. Cut the "but the drone is S#&$ and it wont change anything". It still is something that affects the game and gameplay. Just like a weapon. Now imagine if there was an EXCLUSIVE weapon in that bundle that was twice as efficient ( for say, Cestra Vandal, which was twice as efficient than the normal marketplace Cestra ) that would be exactly like the extractor, but everyone would whine about it cause a weapon is more important than a gathering drone? Do i see that right?

But you see, it's not "just like a weapon" at all.  Not even close.  It farms resources.  That's it.  Something any player with two brain cells can do better, and in a shorter time-span.

Let's assume there was a nice Cestra Vandal in there.  So what?  Players who bought it can kill things faster than you with your normal Cestra?  So can any spammy Nova or Rhino, or skilled player in general.  So unless you're one of those kinds of people that prefers the broken pvp (in which case, there's a lot more to complain about than potential "p2w" schemes), it would really make no difference to anyone -- assuming most people have experienced running with jerk Novas and Rhinos and have learned to cope.  Just like the titan drone makes no difference to anyone other than the player who is using it.

There is no pay to win, because there is nothing to win.  Geez.

Then, please, tell me. If you can convince me, ill apologize.

An in-game advantage that can only be obtained by buying with real money. In Warframe, advantages are basically Forma, Superchargers, completed missions, Mastery Ranks or Affinity, resources, weapons/Warframes/sentinels, and possibly slots. Slots aside, all that stuff can be acquired by playing the game. Payment is not necessary.

The other meaning is being able to pay for items that are so strong they unbalance the game for non-payers. In that case, that basically requires the game to be PvP. In PvE, an advantage for one person is an advantage for all.

But you see, it's not "just like a weapon" at all.  Not even close.  It farms resources.  That's it.  Something any player with two brain cells can do better, and in a shorter time-span.

Let's assume there was a nice Cestra Vandal in there.  So what?  Players who bought it can kill things faster than you with your normal Cestra?  So can any spammy Nova or Rhino, or skilled player in general.  So unless you're one of those kinds of people that prefers the broken pvp (in which case, there's a lot more to complain about than potential "p2w" schemes), it would really make no difference to anyone -- assuming most people have experienced running with jerk Novas and Rhinos and have learned to cope.  Just like the titan drone makes no difference to anyone other than the player who is using it.

There is no pay to win, because there is nothing to win.  Geez..

Ok. How about pay to have something non-cosmetic that f2p players wont get. Ever. (p2hsnctfpwge).

And no, i dislike the PvP very much.

An in-game advantage that can only be obtained by buying with real money. In Warframe, advantages are basically Forma, Superchargers, completed missions, Mastery Ranks or Affinity, resources, weapons/Warframes/sentinels, and possibly slots. Slots aside, all that stuff can be acquired by playing the game. Payment is not necessary.

The other meaning is being able to pay for items that are so strong they unbalance the game for non-payers. In that case, that basically requires the game to be PvP. In PvE, an advantage for one person is an advantage for all.

So you say that its perfectly fine for PvE oriented games if the devs decide to lock some game-affecting stuff behind money? And please, dont say that the drone affects the gameplay in 0.00000001%. ( I am not mad, im just curious )

So you say that its perfectly fine for PvE oriented games if the devs decide to lock some game-affecting stuff behind money? And please, dont say that the drone affects the gameplay in 0.00000001%. ( I am not mad, im just curious )

Resources are not only obtainable with money, nor are they insanely powerful, so I believe it's fine. Besides, you can buy resources directly.

You mean like Excal Prime, Skana Prime, and Lato Prime?

Ok that was a good one. Still, to be honest, who cares about lato prime and skana prime? Not to be insulting but there are outright better weapons on the market (for Lato, take Vasto, for Skana, take Cronus) and you can lift your regular Excalibur to the level of the primed one with simply adding 1 forma.