Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Junk Pricing

(XBOX)CosmicMerkin

Question

11 answers to this question

21 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

Because he's likely buying prime junk from players with the intention of trading it for ducats.

why does this give me vibes of someone getting ripped off? like, why would anyone buy prime junk from another when they could just run any relics with prime junk in them

1 hour ago, (XBOX)CosmicMerkin said:

What's the going rate for prime junk

You sell prime parts for a fixed price at a kiosk. There is no bartering or going rate, other than the value assigned to each item (which is fixed). 

Baro prices are fixed as well.

So if you're buying prime parts from others, it's really not necessary since you get more relics over time than you know what to do with. Just run void fissure missions to open then for free. Sell those items at the kiosks. Use those ducats to buy from Baro. All free.

The best way to find the going rate for prime junk is probably just watching trade chat with prime junk as your filter.

24 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

why does this give me vibes of someone getting ripped off? like, why would anyone buy prime junk from another when they could just run any relics with prime junk in them

18 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

You sell prime parts for a fixed price at a kiosk. There is no bartering or going rate, other than the value assigned to each item (which is fixed). 

So if you're buying prime parts from others, it's really not necessary since you get more relics over time than you know what to do with. Just run void fissure missions to open then for free. Sell those items at the kiosks. Use those ducats to buy from Baro. All free.

People who have limited time to play often by prime "junk" from other players in bulk amounts. It's pretty common and not that unusual. Selling off prime junk is a pretty decent way to make plat for reactors or catalysts.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

There is a going rate from other players.

This is not an uncommon practice. I'm surprised there are so many people bemused by this.

I wouldn't watch trade chat, OP, since you are buying, not selling. Just look on warframe.market for prices for things like the paris prime and the lex prime or if you must use trade chat, just try to get offers from people.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)CosmicMerkin said:

What's the going rate for prime junk? Baro is right around the corner and I need some Ducats but don't wat to get ripped off at the same time.

I've read a lot of the forum and searched for quite some time, couldn't find anything.

Thanks in advance everyone.

I've seen sometimes pricing be something like 

15 ducats item = 1p

45 ducats item = 3p

100 ducats item = 5p

But it's a free market so you can ask for anything. 

9 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

usually this is done by people who don't have the time or just don't wanna do the farming for cheaper common parts. this is actually common and surprisingly been around for a while

11 hours ago, Drasiel said:

People who have limited time to play often by prime "junk" from other players in bulk amounts

2 hours ago, nPhlames said:

usually this is done by people who don't have the time or just don't wanna do the farming for cheaper common parts. this is actually common and surprisingly been around for a while

I should ask then, if these players don't have enough time to play the game, then how would they have the amount of plat needed to sustain this model? They would need to be playing something a bit time-consuming to get a big-ticket item to sell to afford buying prime junk for awhile.

9 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

I should ask then, if these players don't have enough time to play the game, then how would they have the amount of plat needed to sustain this model? They would need to be playing something a bit time-consuming to get a big-ticket item to sell to afford buying prime junk for awhile.

Because they can still play the game at their own pace, stock up items over years that can be sold, or even get lucky with a riven for a new prime (I usually sell them around 500p when the prime releases). You could also spend more than you expected at baro, then need to farm more, but not have enough time before he leaves. You might have a holiday, a busy week at work, an accident etc. There are so many reasons why someone might want to take the convenient route to save time but still have time to play warframe. They might even just buy platinum or already have it sitting there. It's not that they don't necessarily have the time to play the game at all, but they might not have the time at the moment, or even just specifically to grind relics (While also trying to work in new content and other grinding or even other games). I haven't played much over the christmas break so if I am in need of ducats I'll likely buy them, but even if I didn't have any platinum left I have a lot of stuff sitting in my inventory I could sell that I just don't usually bother to because I'm not super in need of plat all the time.

10 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

I'm going to blow your mind here: People sometimes have jobs that pay them money they can use to buy platinum directly from Digital Extremes.

Okay, I know that was a smarmy smart aleck retort but the game does offer an avenue for people that have more money than time so they can enjoy the game too if that's what they want to do. If you only had 2 hours to play a night or heck even just one day a week but were pulling down a comfortable wage it wouldn't be outside the bounds of reason to use plat to avoid heavy grinds and just play the parts of the game you enjoy the most.

Honestly if I had a bigger income and a less frugal soul I would absolutely buy junk prime parts because the sensory attack from fissure missions (bright flashing lights, lots of brilliant yellow thrown everywhere, lots of extra sound effects and explosion sound effects in particular, sudden enemy pop in, ugh) is pretty exhausting and reduces the amount of time I am able to play warframe by about a quarter.

Archived