Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need tips for kavat imprints farming

MutoManiac

Question

Hi! I am farming for imprints by going to Terrorem and seeing if they spawn right away. If not, I abort and try again. The scans are easy enough with a slowva and gloom. The issue is that even when kavats spawn, most of the time the scans do not result in capturing imprints and is taking forever. Does a resource drop chance booster work for this? Any other tips so that I can get the different kavats since you need 10 each to craft? A better location or mission? Thank you.

5 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, Quimoth said:

The capture mission (Horend according to wiki) is probably the best.

The wiki page does have some tips: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Kavat_Genetic_Code

According to the wiki drop-chance boosts (including Steel Path one) work. That is about all I can help with.

Just tried it and it does seem to spawn more, so got two in one mission, which to me is great. Thanks and I'm marking this as the answer.

3 minutes ago, NecroPed said:

If you have not done the inaros quest, do that. There is a crazy amount of kavats that you can scan. As far as I know it hasn't been changed, but take note it wasn't replayable (Not 100% on this now though)

I've done the Inaros quest and found out too late about the amount of kavats. Thanks anyway.

1 minute ago, XHADgaming said:

Use Steel Path, the Kavats are bulkier there making them a lot less susceptible to dying before getting an imprint. 

I'd say your best bet is to run the steel path capture mission fully using the scanner constantly to see the kavats through their invis. 

Going to give this a shot also. thanks

What I've noticed is that the kavats are a pain to scan manually. In order to ease the process, recruit a limbo or bring your own limbo in order to freeze the kavats in place to provide enough time for you to scan them. Keep in mind that scanning a kavat does not guarantee you getting a genetic imprint - it comes at a 25% drop chance. In order to find kavats frequently, I suggest running extermination missions with your friends (friends as time passes quicker). I've personally done this and run into as most as eight kavats at a point.

Also keep in mind that the imprints are needed to craft Khora, besides needing them for kavats.

Cheers, and good luck with farming the imprints. If you have any other questions just ask.

Archived