Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe collision

Syzygy97

Question

Hi, does anyone know if the collision mesh of the warframe is dependent on the cosmetics? For example, if I have a helmet that has a pointy part on the face and the other does not, does the head collision change when I change the helmet from one to another?

If the collision is not dependent on the cosmetics, is the collision mesh uniform for all frames or does it vary from frame to frame?

I'm asking this because it matters for a technique used in eidolons. Thank you in advance.

4 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Syzygy97 said:

asking this because it matters for a technique used in eidolons

Ok, so please share. 

Assumption, the mesh changes to match the items employed. My RevPrime gets stuck on weird stuff bc he has all this pointy stuff sticking off the WF. DE still can't figure out that a WF probably should not get stuck on a piece of window trim while fighting a group of 5+ eximus, three void manifestations, two or three void warriors and a squad of 10+ grineer all at the same time, preventing movement, so you get absolutely pummelled, but hey. That window trim was put up with 10 gauge nails, glued and screwed, baby.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb (XBOX)Player244024418:

Ok, so please share. 

The technique I'm talking about is propa-propa-raplak, the second propa is supposed to detonate on frame. You waypoint your frame, walk away from it until it says 2m, shoot one propa to air and one propa to your waypoint, then raplak. The point is that, if the second propa can detonate on frame, then the two propas detonate at the same time with the raplak; when this is done correctly, timing right, and you have the arcanes proc'd, you should be able to take down Hydrolyst's shield instantly after it recharges.

A very difficult problem associated with this technique is that the second propa may not detonate on frame sometimes. This is because the propa probably only travels like 1.9m or so and it slows down during its course. Thus if it has travelled 1.9m and does not reach a mesh on which it collides and detonates, then it lasts for its full duration to explode, which completely beats the point of this technique. 

I've watched quite a bit of videos from the best VS (who can get 6:48 average Hydrolyst down time) and found out even they cannot completely fix this issue, because if your second propa is slightly off your waypoint, then it may travel 1.9m and does not reach a collision point. Therefore it is desirable to know if the cosmetics change the collision of the frame.

Archived