Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is It Good To Over Charge Latron ?

Zyfe3rX

Question

So to pass to next level i need mastery and cause of that i bought Latron and now am level 15 with it. So far its nice, but i just want to know, is it really worth to overcharge Latron ?

My other guns : Boltor, Braton Vandal and Gorgon.

Will it be a waste to over charge it, or is it good at higher levels ?

P.S : Please dont give me, "all guns are good at high level ".

If you think Latron is good to be overcharged, then please do tell me why ?

Edited by Zyfe3rX

12 answers to this question

It is decent, but I say Vandal/gorgon would be better use of your Reactor. It can deal some decent damage with reliable headshots, but I find just pulling out a vandal/gorgon would makes things goes much faster. The best thing about Latron, is that it is extremely economic with its ammo, and you will rarely ever run out of ammo. Other than that, it is meh. I had a supercharged lvl 30 one with dmg mods + multi shot, and well, it kills most stuff in 2 shots, but a snipetron could also do the same thing in 1 shot.

Edited by RainDreamer

I guess my question to you would be are any of the others upgraded? If they are not then the Gorgon or Vandal would be a much better choice as they are both far more useful overall. All of the weapons you've listed are quite a bit different from one another, and definitely are used much differently. Personally I think choices as to what to upgrade really comes down to the way that you play mostly. The only reason I would say not to upgrade the Latron is if you do a lot of solo/bosses because it's a very poor weapon for boss killing, otherwise it's just down to playstyle.

At rank 30 and supercharged, my Latron does an average of 100~150 per shot because of all the AP and damage mods I put on it. Damage wise, it'll deal a constant stream of damage from chaining headshots and generally good shooting if you're used to the recoil (which from taking it to 15, I assume you already are).

The ammo capacity would usually last you a whole mission if there aren't too much wasted shots. Reload is still on the long-ish side, but the clip size is considerable enough to make it non-issue. Fire rate depends on the recoil timing, and how fast you can click. Spamming leftclick will leave you with a lot of misses, but it's useful for when the target is close by and is considerably large like Jackal or most bosses.

Overall I'd recommend supercharging it if you're more into the marksman/long range support kinda shooter, you can easily stay at one end of a map and shoot down to the other side.

If they didn't make the Vandal, I'd still probably be using the Latron as my main.

Ok my play style : Melee everything ! Uses guns for : Corpus cams , Green Infected and Grenier Heavys !

Darn, with last Alert i just hit Level 30 with my Latron (from 14) around 377760+ XP

Edited by Zyfe3rX

i must be crazy

becuz i hate the gorgon and the boltor, the gorgon is horribly inaccurate and ammo inefficient (i dont care if i can have over 1k rounds, it sometimes takes 200 to down a grineer heavy)

and the boltor is horrid unless you are hosted a game, lag makes it virtually impossible to aim over any distance, and regardless it is terrible at long ranges anyways due to projectile speeds

tru the latron has less DPS than either of those two, but i just find it more friendly to use, even for bosses, as the ammo efficiency makes wearing their health down possible (can run out of ammo easily with gorgon/boltor)

of course the vandal is like a braton but with a burston's dmg, so the best of both worlds, it does much better sustained DPS than the latron, just less dmg per bullet and it is also easier to fire from the hip (the latron is terrible not ADSing) [the vandal basically makes the burston obsolete, but since it was a limited time exclusive i guess its just gonna be OP]

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

of course the vandal is like a braton but with a burston's dmg, so the best of both worlds, it does much better sustained DPS than the latron, just less dmg per bullet and it is also easier to fire from the hip (the latron is terrible not ADSing)

Am perfectly fine with Vandal. 24% freeze + 24% pierce + 24% Electricity. Then, 48.9%x2 fire rate !!!

Can Latron act as alternate to Snipertron ?

I use Boltor only when am the host or when against Infected (during group player, when i dont lag), Then i use it in XINI, everywhr else its VANDAL 4EVER !

Edited by Zyfe3rX

certainly it can

as an above poster mentioned

the snipetron maxed out at 30 does great dmg and might one shot most mobs

while a maxed latron might 2-3 shot the same baddy

but since the latron holds 10x the ammo the snipetron does, and 3-4x the clip size, the latron has much more dmg potential and sustain than the snipetron does

to each their own, but I hate the snipetron compared to the latron (and i even have gripes with the latron, but its still fun to use)

at least the snipetron fires faster than the lex (OMFG i hated lvling the lex up =/, a pistol that fires slower than the sniper weapon??!@?)

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

Imo, do not waste your time with latron... My first ever multishot mod I found was a 99% multi for latron and I was excited about it, until it reached rank 30 fully modded out and still did less DPS than my gorgon/vandal...

I hear they're buffing latron in the next update though? But as is, latron is a waste of time.

So to pass to next level i need mastery and cause of that i bought Latron and now am level 15 with it. So far its nice, but i just want to know, is it really worth to overcharge Latron ?

My other guns : Boltor, Braton Vandal and Gorgon.

Will it be a waste to over charge it, or is it good at higher levels ?

P.S : Please dont give me, "all guns are good at high level ".

If you think Latron is good to be overcharged, then please do tell me why ?

I'd probably go with the Braton Vandal over all of the other guns you listed. It is a workhorse, and it's good for every single type of mission you'll encounter, in solo or party play.

The Latron is a weird kind of gun. It's absolute crap against infested because it relies on headshots to get it's DPS. for this same reason it's great against corpus and grineer, because they usually don't go rushing blindly towards you in large packs, so you have time to pick them apart. If you're in a party on a boss run it's a great way to pump out damage once the shields go down, but if you're by yourself, depending on the boss you'll never keep their shields down long enough to really hurt them.

That being said, If you really like the Latron it's not that much worse off than any other gun. It may not be able to reach the maximum DPS potential of some of the other weapons, but then again I use it and I'm coming out with top damage in just about every run I do. Including Xini of all places. And that is without the benefit of blue rank 30 mods like Multishot.

This basically comes down to a question of whether you're looking to do the absolute maximum amount of damage possible, or if you're okay with falling slightly ((and to be clear, it's really slightly)) behind someone else as long as you get to use your favorite gun.

i must be crazy

becuz i hate the gorgon and the boltor, the gorgon is horribly inaccurate and ammo inefficient (i dont care if i can have over 1k rounds, it sometimes takes 200 to down a grineer heavy)

and the boltor is horrid unless you are hosted a game, lag makes it virtually impossible to aim over any distance, and regardless it is terrible at long ranges anyways due to projectile speeds

tru the latron has less DPS than either of those two, but i just find it more friendly to use, even for bosses, as the ammo efficiency makes wearing their health down possible (can run out of ammo easily with gorgon/boltor)

of course the vandal is like a braton but with a burston's dmg, so the best of both worlds, it does much better sustained DPS than the latron, just less dmg per bullet and it is also easier to fire from the hip (the latron is terrible not ADSing) [the vandal basically makes the burston obsolete, but since it was a limited time exclusive i guess its just gonna be OP]

your gorgon takes 200 bullets to take down a heavy grineer?

I must be crazy because it takes a heavy grienner down in 2 seconds flat for me, and I shoot around 15 bullets or less when its done.

You must be doing it wrong with the gorgon then, because I take down everything from ancients to heavy grineers in 2 seconds, and ppl always ask me what I'm using for my mods on it to wipe everything quickly (keep in mind these are all body shots not headshots) also dealing 70-150 dmg per shot and this is a gorgon we're talking about with all that spam bullets.

@ The OP, supercharge your gorgon, you won't be disappointed, you don't need headshots with the gorgon to melt everything in your path, sure it's nice to in the ocassion your're trying to (I do too when I'm feeling bored.)

Gorgon melts everything from grineers, infecteds and corpus.

Edited by BushidoCode