Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentinels and mortality

HowzMyDriving

So this is a topic that gets brought up every so often, but I thought I do a little theorycrafting of my own. Sentinels are cool as a concept, and I like having a more "controlled" companion on some frames, for instance Octavia. It's nice not to have a dog or MOA running around and pulling enemy aggro away from my mallets. On my mag I run Diriga with Artax - a surprising combo but due to Diriga's unique high accuracy aggression mod Artax becomes a debuffing laser pointer that locates the nearest enemy for you and even what elevation they're at (something the minimap kind of does, but not nearly as well).

Sentinels are (for me) mostly usable due to the fact that not a lot of enemies shoot them (Djinn excepted but that's kind of the point for Djinn). However AoE enemies and lack of access to Link mods renders them a lot harder to use on longer and/or high level missions. I've had a singel dropship wipe out all 3 of my Diriga's "prime regen" lives within 30 seconds of a level starting while I tried to wipe out a Sister Hound before, and it purs a damper on the rest of the mission. They already lack battlefield "presence" compared to a pet, but that's fine though, as I mentioned before I use them when I DON'T want a pet present. But making them less survivable on top of that is a bit annoying.

My blanket solution to the Sentinel situation is simple: Let Sentinels enter bleedout and be revived like other pets. Obviously there are certain mods that might need to be rebalanced around this. Regen and Prime Regen could mostly remain the same as a sort of counterpart to Medi-Pet Kit, triggering after the bleedout period expires (pets can bleed out a lot longer, sentinels can get a free pass on not being revived a limited number of times). The "Sacrifice" mod would become pretty strong, so maybe it could work that if a Sentinel triggers Sacrifice it dies normally without any bleedout (Regen and Primed Regen still work as normal). The only other thing that may need rebalancing is Djinn and his whole thing being based around revives, but then he already has a 90 second resurrection mod. Frankly I'm surprised that this mod is even compatible with Sacrifice, but I suppose it's not TOO busted to get a free rez every 90 seconds, given that Voruna has it on a 60 second cooldown instead.

So, what do you guys think? Any suggestions for improvements or potential complications I haven't considered?

A lot of possibilities like what was already said in :

I remember Vacuum was a carrier exclusive mods to the point 90% of sentinels used was Carrier; For more diversity they give the mod to all sentinels.

Personally I'd like to know the usage of Djinn revive in comparison (Prime) Regen to really see if Djinn mods is a bit like Vacuum or if players are over-exagerated about sentinels survivability.

But I'd like more a solution like @Genitive revival gear item;

Or a cooldown of 10/5min (ship ability) for all and 90s for Djinn.

Another funny way could be a Hack-Repair :

1. Sentinel fall down inactive at one place an stay there
  2. A Map mark is display on map for 1-2 min
  3. You have to hack it (like Eidolons plains Drones) NO-CIPHER authorized /!\ <= So you became a living target-pratice for mobs 🤣

Well one could always opt out and try use Hard Reset, parazon mod requires mercy kills in certain time to work. To get back dead companion

For pets like kavats/kubrows/predasites on bleed out Master summons works. Revives and they are full hp + spawn right beside you.

Last time checked didnt work on MoA`s and hounds. Sentinels are out of question. 

I would like that sentienls could use link armor/health/shields and hunter recovery/pack leader and work with master summons so you had way to heal them and make them bit more tougher.

Let me copy-paste suggestions from my memory.

In my opinion they should let companions be immortal. Or at least let us equip 2:

- one is immortal, no offensive (e.g. no guns or direct attacks). just stuffs like levitations, ammo conversion, scanners, repair for ship, bullet slow (moa), auto hack etc

- other one is mortal but is autorevived every 30 second OR revive it manually, can use guns, attacks, grenades etc

Hmm, the hack repair one is interesting, as it could potentially allow players to rez sentinels MUCH faster than pets depending on how good you are at the minigames. What hacking style would they use? Corpus seems to be the go to, but it would also be funny if Diriga had the grineer one, considering it's a grineer sentinel. I didn't know about hard reset. That's... something I guess. A little finicky compared to hitting a CC ability and then holding down a button for 5 seconds, but until they add an alternate means I'll take what I can get. Thanks for the heads up. I'm off to go farm... Corpus Railjack Spy missions. Huh, no wonder I've never heard of that mod before.

I also made suggestions about this not long ago:

As i said there, this topic may be one of the oldest demand of the community in Warframe history. The pleads from the community for the Sentinels are frequent and recurring, but DE always ignored them. Sentinels are as old as the game itself but the only meaningful change DE ever done was to allow cross usage of mods between warframes weapons and sentinels weapons.  In 10 years, that's the only QoL they ever introduced…

Honestly, I don't know what more to say. Players have been talking about it for years. The entire community agrees that there is a real need here. Hundreds of suggestions of all kinds were made. But nothing was ever done…

Archived